In order to decorate flowerbeds and borders, it is necessary to choose such an ornamental plant as salpiglossis, even the photo of which does not leave indifferent any gardener. Like most plants, salpiglossis can be grown at home through seedlings or in open ground. It is easy, the main thing is to get the sort of flowers you like and to plant correctly.
It is worth noting that the flowers of salpiglossis look like bells, only velvet. Florists love them for growing up and acquiring the most unexpected color. Breeders managed to bring a lot of varieties of plants, their height can reach from 15 cm to 1 m.
Growing from seeds of salpiglossis: instruction
Sowing on seedlings, as mentioned above, can be done at home in greenhouse conditions. To do this, you need to pre-purchase special containers for planting and start this process back in February, as in early March, the seeds begin to actively germinate. Tanks can be shallow, because the seed material is very small.
How to plant a flower from seed:
- In wide containers with loose soil need to plant the seeds away from each other.
- Next, sprinkle them with a small layer of soil, level and pour. Cover with a film to preserve moisture and send to the window sill so that the seeds are provided with light.
- Every day, you need to open the film and remove condensate from it. Watering the seedlings as needed, heat and moisture will help ensure that the first shoots will appear within 2 weeks.
- Sprouts need to be “hardened” daily, for this purpose to open the window for a short time so that fresh air can flow to them. After the course of "hardening" is over, you can get rid of the film.
- When the sprouts grow, they should pick it in separate cups. It must be remembered that the roots are very fragile, so the process must be done very carefully to avoid damage. After this, the sprouts will begin their active growth. Water carefully as well, so as not to pour the plants. It should not dry up, it is very bad for plants.
- Ready seedlings need to be planted in open ground when it becomes warm outside and the threat of frost disappears, around the end of May. If you follow these recommendations, the first flowers of salpiglossis can be seen at the end of June. It is worth adding that the plant blooms, planted in this way is much longer than those flowers that are planted immediately in the ground.
Features plant care: a reminder to gardeners
Superbissam's Sulpiglossis, growing from seeds of which is an uncomplicated process, loves care just like any other plant. Therefore, you need to use the following tips to know how to care for flowers.-
- In summer, salpiglossis should be watered every day, spraying can also be used, and in autumn and spring - several times a week, ensuring that the soil is constantly moist, not overdried.
- It is mandatory to feed the plant during flowering, then the flowers will bloom brighter and more magnificent.
- In order that salpiglossis had more buds, several times a month to carry out prishchepy.
- Before planting, you need to pay special attention to the soil. If the land is not fertile, it is desirable to add ash, sand, humus, as well as a small amount of peat. In this case, the flower will be lush and attractive.
As you can see, salpiglossis is not difficult to grow at all, it can be done even by a beginning florist. The main thing - to choose a place for landing, which will receive a lot of sunlight.