Did your favorite washing machine start to smell? Moreover, the laundry after washing is not fragrant with freshness, but to put it mildly, does it come out of the machine with a smell? We will understand how to get rid of the smell in the washing machine.
Why does the smell appear in the washing machine?
Of course, pleasantly little, when things after washing seem to be clean, but the smell from them is specific. It is clear that the matter is not in the things and washing powder, but the problem lies in the machine itself. Believe me: this happens not only to you from time to time. Fortunately, this disaster can be easily handled.
Before you figure out how to eliminate the smell in the washing machine machine, you need to understand the reasons for its occurrence. If this is not done, then after some time the unpleasant smell will return. The situation will be aggravated with the age of your washing machine and the intensity of its operation. In general, let's get everything in order.
During washing, most of the dirt from our clothes is washed off with water. However, after several washes, it can accumulate in certain parts of the washing machine, which leads to a decrease in energy consumption and hot water. As a result, dirt and odors accumulate even faster.
The main reasons for the accumulation of pollution in the washing machine:
- washing heavily soiled things at low temperatures;
- the use of the machine at low temperatures leads to the fact that the component of laundry detergent to soften the fabric remains on the parts in the form of a slimy plaque;
- the formation of mold fungi or lime scale in the drain connecting pipes, dispenser for detergent or drain filter;
- accumulation of dirt in the rubber seal between the drum and the loading door;
- stale air can be formed due to a tightly closed door and a large load of things for a long time.
Knowing the causes and unpleasant consequences, it is possible to take measures in advance and avoid their occurrence, since prevention is the best approach to servicing a machine. But since the smell has already appeared, we will fight it. Below are a few practical recommendations on how to get rid of the unpleasant smell in a washing machine.
I'll smell the smell with my hands
Most modern washing machines have a cleaning cycle. Add 0.25-0.5 liters of vinegar to the liquid detergent dispenser and start the cleaning cycle with hot water. The vinegar will help dissolve detergent residues and lime deposits. Use half to get an additional cleaning effect 1 / 2 cups baking soda without added detergent. If your machine does not have a cleaning mode, choose a standard cycle using hot water or an extra rinse. Add vinegar and run the cycle to the end.-
How to get rid of the smell of mold in the washing machine? As a rule, it appears around the door seal. If you notice mold or smell it, wipe the rubber seal with a rag moistened with a universal cleaner or vinegar to kill the bacteria.
Clean the drain pump filter from fluff, hair and other debris that usually accumulate there. The drain pump filter is usually located on the front side of the device. Refer to your washing machine manufacturer’s instructions for use.
The boot activator or drum hides on its back all types of dirt. To clean it, use a solution of water and vinegar, diluted 1 to 1 to wipe the top and bottom of the drum. For thorough cleaning, the drum will have to be removed completely from the machine. Here you also need to use the manufacturer’s operating instructions. If you are not sure, it is better to invite a specialist in servicing household appliances, because repairs will cost more.
When your machine smells like sewers, you need to take the following steps:
- Make sure the drain is not blocked.
- Water can flow through a blocked or twisted hose. Inspect the hose to make sure everything works. Start the hot cycle and try to clean the pipe, thereby eliminating unpleasant odors.
- Start a hot cycle with bleach: it will kill the bacteria in the hose and the washing machine. Hot water will help to dissolve the organic material, the formed film and eliminate the accumulations that potentially cause unpleasant odors.
- Inspect the outlet where the wastewater is drained. If it is blocked, water can collect in one place and create odors. Make sure the drain is dry.
- If your efforts to uncover the source of the unpleasant smell were unsuccessful, the time has come to call a repairman.
- Avoid too large and small loads of laundry items.
- Use the right amount of detergent.
- Do not leave wet things for a long time in a washing machine, because in such a microclimate undesirable bacteria develop very quickly, which cause an unpleasant smell.
- After you get the washing things out of the machine, leave the door ajar to ventilate to allow the drum to dry.
- If you have pets, you may notice an accumulation of their wool in the washing machine. Use the tip of the narrow nozzle to remove it and perform this operation as often as possible.
- The fabric softener and washing powder can accumulate in the dispenser and form a mud clot. Remove the pipette regularly and clean it with running water.
- To avoid unpleasant odors, add 0.5 liters of vinegar to the dispenser once a month and start a short cold rinse cycle with an empty washing machine.
After you get rid of unpleasant odors, try to keep your washing machine clean. Aso of her part, she will clean your things and last longer without breakdowns.