A beautiful cat or a charming cat often becomes a full-fledged member of the family, generously gives positive emotions. In order for your pets to always be healthy and active, it is necessary to provide them with a proper, balanced diet. Knowledge of how to choose premium class food for cats (the list of products and their characteristics must be thoroughly studied) will help solve the problem of pet nutrition without any particular difficulties.
How to make a menu for your favorite kitty?
We should not forget that, despite the soft paws and friendly purring, the cat is a real predator. The diet of the animal should be as close as possible to its natural, genetic needs. Quality ready-made breakfasts, lunches and dinners already contain the necessary ingredients in optimal proportions:
- natural meat based (preferably poultry);
- fish (not salty);
- small amount of vegetables.
In pet stores and veterinary clinics you will be offered these types of them:
- economy class;
- premium class;
- super premium class;
- holistic (quality level is approximately equal to the level of super premium class).
Quality and quality compromise
When choosing food, the owners, of course, would like not to overpay and at the same time not harm the pet. There is a way out of this predicament: buy premium class representatives. They are made in accordance with rather high requirements, unlike the economy class, do not contain substitutes and preservatives, although they are slightly inferior to expensive super premium products, which are entirely made up of natural products. In the category of "premium" may be a small amount of flavors and flavor enhancers. Be careful: under the guise of quality food you can see a tempting fake. As part of this premium feed should not be specified:
- soy (as a substitute for meat);
- cereals (the need of the cat organism in those is very low);
- antibiotics (harmful to the cat's digestive system).
It is very good if, in addition to the main natural components in the feed, there are biologically active additives - vitamins A and D, which have a positive effect on the cat's condition. In the presence of these vitamins in the feed, it is unacceptable to add them to food, since their excess is no less harmful than lack. Hypervitaminosis leads to a deterioration of the type of coat, a decrease in hearing and sight acuity. About avitaminosis also shows the behavior of a cat, which people are accustomed to perceive as a curiosity. Often it is necessary to see how cats tweak grass just as much as "vegetarian" animals. People say they are "treated." There is some truth in this: in this way, the cats deprived of their owners try to fill the lack of vitamins and minerals on their own.
Please note: the ingredients are listed on the packaging in descending order, so the main substances should be searched at the top of the list. According to the recommendations of the leading veterinarians, a list of the most high-quality premium class feeds for cats, which are both useful and easily absorbed by the animal's body, has been compiled.
Premium Cat Food: List
- Innova Evo and Wellness CORE - the main plus: almost completely prepared from natural meat. Gives stress on the cat's digestion, so in case of diseases of the stomach and gall bladder, be careful with this product.
- Wellness Complete Health Salmon Dry Cat Food - the main ingredient is sea fish, there is taurine - an amino acid that is good for cats.
- Felida Cat and Kitten Formula is suitable for nursing cats and their babies. In addition to traditional poultry and fish, supplemented with bio-additives for the prevention of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Newman's Own Organics Advanced Cat Formula is one of the most popular products of this variety. In addition to meat, there are taurine and greens - a natural source of vitamins.
- Acana is chicken and lactic acid bacteria that will help the pet's body digest food better. In fact, this is a dietary option feed.
- TimberWolf Serengeti Herbal Felid Diet also includes poultry, fish, dairy products and prebiotics. His "target audience" - pets with dysbiosis and serious excess weight.
If you nevertheless decided to stop on products of a super premium class, you should familiarize yourself with their characteristics:
- digestibility level up to 90%;
- consist of natural ingredients;
- they contain dietary supplements and vitamins.
Super Premium Feed: List
- Bento Kronnen Nutrion;
- Nutro Cleise.
"Cat product" can be:
According to experts, the latter are close to natural food, better absorbed by the cat's body. For lunch, your pet needs a whole package of such food: it is packaged with the expectation of 1 meal.
Choose wet food:
- Chicken Soup for Cat Lover's Soul is a rich broth of chicken, turkey, duck and salmon.
- Cimiao - flavored with fiber, promoting normal digestion.
- California Natural - from diet chicken.
- Bosch SANABELLE - in feed also several different sources of protein.
- Arden Grange is made using enzymes and prebiotics.
Dry food also has its advantages: packaging is more bulky, which contributes to savings, this product has a long shelf life; In addition, dense pieces give the cat teeth the necessary load. If you stop the choice on dry food, then remember a few rules that eliminate the disadvantages of this type:
- along with the dry product you need to offer fresh water;
- feeds are given in the sizes indicated on the packaging, otherwise swelling in the stomach may cause serious diseases;
- before use, dry pieces should be moistened with water or broth.
- Innova - combines meat of various types.
- Nature's Variety Instinct in perfect proportions connecting meat of fish and poultry is absolutely hypoallergenic.
- Fromm Adult Gold - fragrant duck pulp and sea salmon increase appetite and increase the energy potential of a fluffy prankster.
- Wahre Liebe consists of turkey meat with egg powder and salmon oil - a very successful combination of products containing proteins and minerals.
- Innova Evo - Turkey, potatoes and chicken fat have high taste and nutritional qualities.
Rules feeding cats
Many complain that they have chosen a good product in accordance with the advice of leading experts, but instead of the desired result - good health and energy of the pet - they observe its anxiety and illness. The reason for this is simple: non-compliance with the elementary feeding rules.
- Cats should be given food at the same time.
- The atmosphere during the meal should be calm.
- 2-3 hours after breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can offer a bowl of milk up to 3 times a day.
- It is best to feed the cat from enamelware.
- After each feeding, the bowl should be boiled and treated with a 2% solution of chloramine or another disinfectant.
Remember that with proper nutrition and compliance with simple rules of feeding, pets will not give you trouble and hassle. Balanced premium quality products are a ready-made rational menu for a purring friend. It remains only to make a choice from a wide list and please your cat with care and attention.