Long dresses to the very floor are an integral part of high society parties and red tracks, but their popularity is not limited to this. Such outfits can often be seen on women gathering for corporate events, birthdays, visiting friends or on a date. It is not necessary that such clothes be very expensive, because the main thing is that the attire should sit well. To make your dress exclusive, and you look in it just irresistible, you can sew it yourself. And help you in this pattern dress to the floor.
Dress in the floor with their own hands: patterns
There is a wide variety of options for patterns of long dresses, but they all have a similar construction principle. Let's take a closer look at how to make a dress pattern to the floor with your own hands.
Pattern of a long dress
- tape measure;
- a piece of chalk or sharpened soap;
- needles or pins.
Any pattern of a long dress needs measurements, so, first of all, measurements should be taken:
- OB (take 96 cm);
- OG (92 cm, but if you have more breasts than your hips, you should use your chest as a control measure);
- the distance between the waist and the floor (the length of the dress).
The order of construction patterns:
- First of all, you need to draw a rectangle on the fabric, the width of which will be equal to the width of the chest or hips (which is more) multiplied by 1.7.
- The length of the rectangle is equal to the distance between the waist and the floor, to which 25 cm is added.
- This pattern of a long dress to the floor has no seams on the sides, the only seam is located in the middle of the back.
- It is necessary to model according to the drawing, leaving centimeters (or more, according to the size) allowances for all seams.
- Cut out a dress of translucent fabric, take care of the lining. It is made in size similar to the dress itself.
- Then the layers of fabric are interconnected, inside the inside out, after which the dress is sewn as usual single-layer.
- The top of the turn, then stitch zigzags.
- The straps of the dress are sewn on top.
- The bottom of the turn and stitch too.
Ready dress is desirable to decorate. To do this, you can take sequins, bows, ribbons or beautiful buttons. Sometimes they use flowers knitted or sewn from different pieces of fabric.
Evening dress to the floor: types of models
Having mastered the basic rules of building patterns, you can easily and freely sew any dress to the floor with your own hands. The main thing is to accurately make measurements and follow the drawings. Thus it is possible to cut the evening dresses of such models:
- dress with a deep neckline;
- warm dress with sleeves;
- long dress with a high waist;
- evening dress with an open shoulder.
Such products can be given exclusivity and complement them with interesting decorations.
Tips experienced masters
It is best to choose natural materials for sewing the dress to the floor, because they have many advantages, among which are:
- High level of durability and wear resistance. Even natural silk or chiffon differ from man-made fibers by a high degree of thread tension.
- Ergonomic. Such materials do not have a static effect, even if the tissue is electrified. However, make sure that the lining of the product is also as natural as possible.
- Thanks to natural fabrics, the body can freely "breathe", in such a dress it will never be too hot, which is very important regardless of the season.
- Appearance. All natural fabrics have a flat and smooth surface, devoid of thickenings, as well as excessive gloss.
Among the most suitable fabrics for long dresses are:
How to choose a fabric color for a long dress?
It is very important to choose not only the fabric, but also the color scheme of the dress. At first glance, this seems like a simple task, because there are many options, for example, you can choose a favorite color and supplement it with an image of a cute animal. However, please note that the fabric pattern may be too small or too large, extravagant or dull. The fabric may also not fit the eyes, skin or face.
Remember that regardless of the style, it is better to sew evening dresses from monophonic material. The color can be black, green, gray, red or blue. When choosing a fabric, consider the color that suits you best. It is also advisable to follow the trendy shades of the season.
If you are going to wear a long dress during the day, then you should pay attention to the material with a pattern. Juicy and bright colors that just glow with energy are very popular. Also an excellent option would be a polka dot fabric of different colors and sizes. But the geometric patterns of the last time are not considered fashionable.
You can be absolutely sure that a long dress, sewn with your own hands, will look harmoniously on you, because it is cut to suit the characteristics of your figure. Imagine, feel free to try new models, do not be afraid to experiment! And remember that any dress should emphasize your femininity and irresistible.