Myrtle ordinary grown in residential areas, winter gardens, greenhouses, and in offices. In our flower shops, mainly small-leaf myrtle is sold. Some lovers of flowers found large-leaved myrtle. Myrtle Boethics is quite rare.
Appearance of myrtle
Myrtle is an evergreen shrub known for more than two thousand years. This is one of the oldest indoor plants, and one of the extraordinarily beautiful.
Myrtle has small dark green oblong leathery leaves. They have a pleasant aroma. If you rub a leaf, the flavor will increase. Myrtle blooms in summer. White flowers with long stamens. After flowering, if pollination occurred (by insects or artificially), the myrtle is covered with dark blue berries.
The location of the myrtle in the house
The best room in the house for myrtle is the kitchen.
It is also good to put the plant in the nursery. It is said that myrtle has anti-allergic and anti-cold properties. And it is extremely useful for children. He will protect your child.
Windows from the south, west and east sides are most suitable for locating myrtle. On the window on the north side there may be a lack of light. And it is essential for flowering plants.
Mirth prefers not only bright, but also well ventilated places.. In the summer, it is carried out to fresh air, to a balcony or garden.
It is important to know that in the rooms dry and warm at the plant leaves may fall off.-
It is also useful to place the myrtle next to the opening window. Drafts are useful to him, because, thanks to the flow of air, myrtle secretes substances that kill germs.
In winter, in a warm room, it is advisable to put the myrtle away from the batteries and spray more often. To transfer the plant to the glazed balcony in winter is the best way out.
Care of myrtle
- Lighting. Myrtle prefers bright sunlight. However, from the scorching midday sun it is better to pritenyat it.
- Temperature. Myrtle can tolerate temperatures from 0 ° C to 40 ° C. In summer, the temperature should be room, in winter it should drop to 8 ° С -10 ° С. Better in winter to transfer the plant to the balcony.
- Air humiditymyrtle requires definitely high. The plant responds well to frequent leaf spraying. Mirtu can sometimes arrange a warm shower.
- Watering. In the summer requires abundant watering, in the winter - moderate.
- Breeds myrtle apical cuttings in summer. Their rooting occurs usually after a month or a month and a half.
- Transplantedmyrtle as needed. Young plants are transplanted every year, and adults - once every two years. The best time of year for a transplant is spring, as well as summer.
Myrtle pests and diseases
Myrtle is resistant to pests. It is advisable to prevent it from being sprayed sometimes with special products that are sold in flower shops.
The most serious problem you may encounter when growing myrtle is leaf fall. Most often and probably the reason is low air humidity. In this case, it is necessary to isolate the plant from the battery with a transparent screen. The air from the window will now remain near the plant, and the dry warm air from the battery will rise up and not damage your green pet. If it is not possible to move myrtle to the balcony, you can also use air humidifiers in this case.
To make your green friend enjoy his beauty as long as possible, you need to properly care for him.. But this may not be enough for him. It requires regular pruning, which is best done in the spring, before the start of growth. You can shape the plant as you please. Pruning is very useful, it stimulates the formation of new shoots, and your bush becomes more luxurious and beautiful.