If you like hand-made things, then pay attention to the current hobby of weaving paper tubes. It does not require experience, and the cost of it is minimal, but the little things turn out really exquisite. Especially if you know different ways of weaving from newspaper tubes. Master class for beginners will help to understand the nuances.
Probably the most common type of paper in every home is newspapers. Advertising leaflets, free publications with useful tips usually cause resentment for their unexpected appearance in the mailbox. However, such decorative garbage can be used to make amazing decorative things:
- baskets, etc.
Being engaged in the interweaving of thin newspaper rolls, you not only tune in a creative way, but also effectively calm your nerves, distract from everyday problems and direct your energy in a positive direction. In addition, you do not have to spend money on weaving from newspapers: materials are needed the most simple.
Materials for making newspaper tubes
Before mastering the weaving of newspaper tubes, select schemes, patterns, you should prepare the necessary materials and carefully study the production technology of handicrafts. To begin with we will be defined with "raw materials". It can be:
- glossy magazines;
- office paper;
- advertising leaflets.
Please note that several materials can be combined in one craft. As a rule, thick paper is used to create the skeleton and the bottom of the product, and the raw material is more subtle - to other parts. Do not forget to paint blanks from newspapers. To do this, use:
- hair dye;
- food coloring;
- Gouache, watercolor, etc.
Also for the newspaper tubes you need to prepare:
- a crochet hook (No. 2 - the thicker the knitting device is, the thicker the tubes are) or a wooden skewer for a kebab;
- PVA glue (you can take any other universal glue);
- paint tank;
- thin and thick brushes (the first paint over large areas of the surface, and the latter are needed in order to reach hard-to-reach places);
- wide bowl or plate for paint dilution.
Preparation of tubules
To begin with we do the preparation - on average 200-300 tubes.
- PVA glue;
- ruler, pencil;
- tank for paint dilution;
- acrylic paint.
- We decompose the newspaper in one layer.
- Cut them into strips about 9 cm wide and 15-20 cm long.
- We put the hook on the lower corner of the newspaper tape at an angle of 45-60 degrees (the greater the angle, the thicker the tube will be) and begin to wrap in thick layers of newsprint.
- When we reach the end, lightly cover the corner with glue and glue it to the base of the tube.
- Carefully pull out the hook and let the blanks dry for 15-20 minutes.
- We dilute the stain to the desired color.
- We lower the tubules, take out and leave to dry on the film for about a day.
- Paint over the workpiece with acrylic paint and dry for about 1 hour. Tubules are ready for further work with them.
Types of weaves
Starting to create crafts from paper tubes, you need to decide on the weaving technique. The most popular are the three types of weave.
Method number 1 is to build up the tube (that is, the thin end of the next one is inserted into the wide end of the previous one) and winding alternately outside and inside axial vertical blanks.-
Method number 2 is that the tube is taken and laid for the axial vertical staggered. In this case, the edges of the tubes are hidden from the inside of the weaving.
And finally, method number 3 implies a kind of weaving of pigtails, when axially glued to the base intertwine with each other, and each subsequent step adds one tube to the drawing.
Newspaper Weaving for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide
It is more convenient to master the art of weaving from newspaper tubes with volumetric rectangular objects. For example, boxes for sweets.
- 200-300 tubules;
- 2 sheets of cardboard;
- PVA glue;
- acrylic paint.
- Coat the perimeter of one part of the bottom with glue.
- After 3 cm glue on the tube.
- Glue the second part of the bottom.
- Raise the tubules up and begin to twist axial blanks with a working paper thread. As required, we increase the length of the working tube.
- Bringing the weaving to the desired height, we hide the end of the tube inside the pattern and primer the corners - the product will become stronger.
- Mix PVA and paint 1: 1 and brush the corners outside and inside with a brush. Give dry.
- Paint the box in the desired color and leave it for 1-2 hours. The handicraft is ready.
The tray is made according to the same principle. Just for a start, you should take 4 bundles of 8 sticks each, cross them in a checkerboard pattern, iron the rolling pin, and then you can proceed to weaving the base with paper thread. For the sides, lift up the ends of the support sticks and tightly braid the pattern.
From newspaper tubes you can weave a lot of original things, for example, a tree for storing jewelry.
- 100 tubes about 15 cm long;
- PVA glue;
- varnish to cover the product.
- We take 15 tubes, fold them into a bundle and, stepping back from the edges of 5 cm, we wind the “trunk” with a long billet, increasing its length.
- The remaining free tubules on the one hand are revealed in the form of roots - this is the support of the craft.
- On the other hand, loose ends are braided with 2-3 pieces. It turns out the "branches" that need to be bent up so that the jewelry can be hung.
- Cover the product with a mixture of PVA and gouache in a 1: 1 ratio, dry for 1 hour.
- We coat the craft with lacquer and let it dry. The tree is ready.
For a variety of ways to create decorative elements, it is not bad to master all the basic methods of weaving from newspaper tubes. The master class of this type of needlework confirms the long-known truth that all ingenious is simple. Indeed, even a child can handle paper weaving.