This tropical plant was named after the governor of the Spanish colony Senor Medinila. This genus includes more than one hundred species of vines and shrubs. We have only one type for sale. Medinilla great with curly stems.
Very spectacular plant, reaches a height of one and a half meters. First of all, you pay attention to the magnificent pinkish bracts. They resemble the form of a boat, and in length can reach 10 cm. Inside there are many small bright pink flowers. They are collected in a drooping inflorescence in the form of a pyramid. The leaves of medinilla are grayish-green with light veins, glossy, oval. Leaf length about 30 cm. A new pair of leaves is formed at the base of a pair of previous leaves. A medinilla has no woody stems or stems. She lives in an apartment from three months to a year.
The location of the device in the house
This is a photophilous plant. However, it is better to put it on the western and eastern windows. In the south it will have to shade from exposure to direct ultraviolet rays. Medinilla loves good humidity. The best room for her is the kitchen. But for all the guests of your house to see such beauty, put it in the living room. Do not forget just often arrange her shower. The plant does not tolerate drafts and permutations. However, loves fresh air. Permutations during the flowering period are fraught with the termination of flowering.
In modern houses medinilla - a wonder plant. This is because it requires increased attention and care. It is not easy to grow in room conditions. But she feels great in warm greenhouses and greenhouses. At home, creating such ideal conditions for her is unlikely to succeed. That is why she does not live in our homes for a long time, maximum a year. The most demanding medinilla to temperature and humidity. It is also difficult to reproduce.
Lighting. Medinilla is light-requiring, she needs diffused sunlight.-
- Temperature. The plant is very thermophilic. In summer, the temperature in the room should not be below 20 ° C. In winter, the temperature should not fall below 16 ° C.
- Air humidity high. Requires frequent spraying. A pot with a plant is also useful to put on a tray with pebbles.
- Watering moderate from spring to autumn, reduced in winter watering.
- Breeds stem cuttings in spring. For their rooting using phytohormones and bottom heating (peat). But it is quite difficult to propagate the medinilla at home.
- Transplanted Medinilla every spring or through spring.
Medintilla pests and diseases
The main plant pests are mealybug and spider mite. To learn how to prevent and get rid of them, read the article "Pisonia - more agile tree."
Medinilla is a tender plant. When you move a plant from place to place or even with frequent turning, it can throw buds and leaves.
- If there is an abundance of sunlight, light spots may appear on the leaves of the medinyla. It is necessary to put the plant in the shade.
- Excess moisture and low temperature can cause full or partial drying of the leaves. If you notice this, warm the room and reduce watering. Remember that the soil must have time to dry between watering.
- From heat and dry leaves also dry. Make sure that the temperature does not rise above the maximum (25 ° C) and spray the plant more often.
Despite the wide variety of types of medinilla in nature, only one is grown under room conditions (Medinilla great ormajestic). This fact suggests that the plant is very whimsical and very difficult to grow. But if you are not afraid of difficulties, then feel free to purchase this exotic plant. Both you and your loved ones will never cease to wonder at the extraordinary beauty of this blooming green friend. You just have to come to terms with the fact that he will stay with you no more than a year.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot