Cardigans hardly ever lose their relevance, because it is almost a universal version of light outerwear, perfectly combined with a romantic dress, and with sports jeans, and business pants. It brings comfort to the image, but it can also “sound” just like the rest of the ensemble, adjusting to them.
Recently, at the peak of the popularity of the cardigan "Lalo", whose initial creation belongs to designers from Georgia. Otherwise, this model is called "Shar Pei". Why? And what is its "highlight"?
How to tie a cardigan "Lalo"? A photo and features of the model
In fact, it is very easy to distinguish this model from other representatives of the extensive category of cardigans: by large soft "braids" and an even color gradient. These are the key features of this cardigan, which are stored in any patterns of its knitting. The remaining parts are usually already added or modified by the needlewomen themselves, so you can find a Lalo cardigan with a short sleeve, a thin elastic band along the hem, a wide removable belt, etc. The traditional length of this cardigan is slightly above the middle of the thigh, it sits loosely on the figure, does not emphasize it.
The complexity of working with the Lalo cardigan scheme lies not so much in reading it, but in volume: only a full walk along the first row can take about 8-10 minutes, since even loops of 42-44 in size exceed 500 pcs., But in addition, you still need to tie up the sleeves and connect the details. Therefore, you will have to work hard, and in 2-3 days you will hardly succeed in finishing a cardigan.
The next moment, also challenging for beginners and experienced needlewomen, is the creation of a gradient. It is necessary to immediately point out that it does not have to be a transition from dark to light - you can combine two opposite shades, but this would be more expensive than working with related tones. The number of skeins involved in the work directly depends on which scale you choose.
If you create a stretch between related colors (for example, green and blue), then it will be enough to take turquoise for them to get a smooth gradient. If you want to play on contrasts (for example, from red to green), you will need to go through the main intermediate tones - orange, yellow, light green. In this case, the closer the saturation will be shades, the more harmonious the final product will turn out. And here are just the most simple options. The ideal gradient, even when stretching from very light saturation to medium (within the 1st color), includes up to 4-5 tones. If you manage to pick up the yarn so, the work will turn out at the highest level.
The original model of the cardigan from the Dolidze sisters (the cardigan is named for one of them - Lalo) is made of yarn containing 40% wool, 45% acrylic and 15% mohair. The yarn from LanaGold is closest to such requirements, but according to the comments of needlewomen it can be argued that the French "Phildar" and the Brillant or Elegant brand "Vita" are no worse than themselves. But due to the difference in their compositions, the quantity has to be calculated individually. So, Brilliant'a (380m / 100g) with triple addition requires at least 1.8 kg, "LanaGold" has approximately the same consumption, and with "Phildar" it is possible to keep within 1.6 m. Professionals advise not to look for a specific manufacturer and just pay attention to thin, lightweight threads with an average percentage of wool and acrylic.
A certain attractiveness of the cardigan "Lalo" lies in the fact that its size is close to universal due to some shapelessness of the cut. For this reason, the calculations given below for a specific scheme can be used for both 42 sizes and 48. Then you will have to add 1 full spit or, on the contrary, decrease it by the same. The width of such a spit is about 30-32 loops.
Cardigan "Lalo": knitting scheme with descriptions and tips
You can create an individual scheme for yourself, guided only by the key features of the model. First, it is the integrity of the whole, due to which the mating begins with a hem that captures both the front parts and the back. Secondly, the absence of any adjustment on the figure. In fact, this cardigan when disassembled is a canvas, pulled together at the bottom with a thin elastic band, which can be put on at the final stage as well as done when working with the bottom rows. Separately, the same straight sleeves are knitted, which are also collected at the wrist. As a result, the whole laboriousness of the process consists only in its duration, as well as its subsequent assembly.
In addition, before you begin to knit a Lalo cardigan, it is recommended to practice doing soft braids, the scheme of which is given above. For a particular model, it is slightly modified - instead of the 6 loops shown, 30-36 are taken: it is due to the expansion of the streamer that the airiness effect is achieved, despite the fact that the thing turns out to be still warm. Classic knitting needles for this cardigan - 6 or 7 number, depending on how dense you want to knit. Some needlewomen even use knitting needles 3 numbers. As for the yarn, beginners are advised to take several skeins of different shades within the same color. If you are not new to knitting, you can restrict 2-3 pieces. Since the work is done in several strands, by mixing them, the effect of a soft flow from shade to shade will be achieved.
- So, on the spokes you need to score such a number of loops so that you can get 14 braids, of which 6 pieces. will be on the back, and the rest will split equally on the front shelves. You choose the number of loops in them: for 40-42 sizes it is recommended to make braids 28 * 28, for 44-48 - 32 * 32, for 50 and above - from 34 * 34. Thus, the total number of loops will be at least 784 pcs. If it is difficult for you to work with a large canvas, you can break it up into separate parts: the back and front shelves, later stitching them together or connecting them with ketelny seam, but this visually violates the integrity of the original model. However, why not add personality to it?
- In the knitting of the Lalo cardigan, there are several other nuances that professionals emphasize. After 4-5 rows will be tied with a classic eraser (alternating face and back loops on one side, 3 * 3 scheme), the 6th row begins with the execution of the main pattern. And here it is important to carefully consider the location of the streamers: on the front shelves they have a different direction. Thus, if you knit the right one completely according to the above pattern of the pattern, then for the left one you need to mentally or “pass through the mirror” on the monitor.
- After the length of the total web reaches the desired value (from the bottom edge to the beginning of the armhole), 4 braids are removed from the edge to the free spokes and temporarily "rest". On the part of the canvas that is the back, side braids of 1 pc. closed, the remaining 4 pieces knit up to the neck. At the same time, the side braids do not close instantly, but with a slight gradation: first, there remain approximately 6-8 loops adjacent to the back, then 2-3 more rows are removed on each row. Thus, the spit completely closes in 3-4 rows.
- As the sleeves are stitched in, they have to knit an okat, which must be correctly calculated beforehand. For this, the total width of the sleeve half (from the center to the edge) is divided into 3 parts. If your loop number is not a multiple of this figure, the extra 1-2 loops will go to that part, which, when decomposing a full sleeve pattern, will be extreme. Its loops are all divided into 2 pieces, and in the central (in full detail) - 3 pieces each. The rest of the loop will be single. According to this scheme, it is necessary to close the loops, tying the sleeve from the bottom upwards, when the armhole zone (grinding points) begins. Do not forget that the bottom of the sleeves is also made with a thin elastic band!
- When to start making overlaps (entering a new color)? And how to do it right? Traditionally, the overlaps are reproduced every 28–30 rows, but here everything depends on the selected stretch. If you have a lot of shades, as well as work takes place in 3 threads, you can start entering the 2nd color on the 2nd row already on the 15th row, replacing the 1st thread, then after 10-15 rows replacing the 2nd one, and .d If there are only 2 shades, and also 3-4 strands, then you can perform overlaps in 30-35 rows.
The main points associated with knitting a Lalo cardigan are revealed, and after a thorough study of them, you can begin to practice. Judging by the reviews on the forums of needlewomen, this model is amenable even to beginners, but it requires perseverance and attentiveness.