Kvamoklit - amazing one-year liana, which gave us South America. Flowers of a plant can take the most various forms, and that is surprising, in process of blossoming they change the coloring. Because of their peculiarity, they bloom early in the morning and late in the evening the quamoclite was called "Morning Lights". This beautiful and tall grassy vine will adorn any summer cottage, gazebo, veranda, flower bed and fences.
How to grow kvamoklit from seeds?
Usually gardeners use cirrus for landscape design, which is otherwise called cypress liana. The plant is usually grown from seed. This method involves obtaining sprouts in greenhouse conditions. It is recommended to plant seeds of a kamokoklit in peat pots in an early cold spring. Before planting, do not forget to soak the seeds in warm water for a day. If you have not found peat pots, you can use a standard flower substrate. To do this, pour it into the boxes and plant the seeds in the usual way. Be sure to water the soil and put the container with the seeds of kamokolit in a room where the temperature is at least 18 degrees.
Shoots should appear within 2 weeks. After the first leaves appear, it is necessary to arrange them separately in special cups. In the open ground (on a permanent place) kamamoklit from seeds planted in the month of May. It is not recommended to shake the soil from the roots.
To grow kvamoklita from seeds, special attention should be paid to the substrate. Ideal for creepers is loose and sandy soil, as well as soil with a lot of humus. Before planting, it is recommended to supply the soil with organic fertilizers.
You can also not pre-plant the seeds in pots, and immediately planted in open soil (so cypress vine will take root better). But this should not be done before May. Seeds are planted from each other at a sufficiently large distance - this is necessary to preserve the plant during the temperature difference and frost, as it is recommended to cover with synthetic material. If possible, build a greenhouse.-
Kvamoklit: landing and features of care
- It is best to choose for planting sprouts sufficiently lit and open area. Favorable growth is also facilitated by proper soil, consider this when planting.
- Cypress liana needs regular watering - the optimal amount is 1 time in 3 days. One plant can take up to 1 liter of water. In the heat and drought, you should increase the amount of watering, but do not overdo it, otherwise kamokolit may die.
- For top dressing it is better to choose complex mineral fertilizers. Make them need from May to August 1 time per week.
- Since the plant grows quite quickly (for 1 season, the length of a kamokolit can reach 2 m), it is necessary to tie up new shoots. To create spectacular and lush compositions, you can direct the processes in different directions.
- The main problem when growing kvamoklita is a spider mite, which often prevents the vine from developing normally. Because of the impressive size of the plant, it is rather difficult to fight the pest, but it is possible. In specialized flower shops it is easy to find a special poison and carefully treat all the leaves to it. As a preventive measure for infection, it is advised to spray kamoklits with cold water.
- If you overdo it with fertilizer, the needle leaves will begin to curl. To deal with this problem is simple - stop making supplements in a few weeks. If the leaves of cypress vines turn yellow and fall down, this indicates a lack of iron. You can solve the problem of deficiency with the help of fertilizers and rusty pieces of iron, which are buried under the root of a quamoclit.
Kvamoklit - refined liana, which is able to transform any garden plot. To grow a plant from seed and care for it is quite simple, the main thing is to follow the basic rules. Especially spectacular kamokoklit looks together with sweet peas and honeysuckle. From these plants you can create a real flower panel and enjoy it all summer.