Tunic is a very comfortable and versatile clothing, knitted on the principle of an elongated sweater. The openwork blouse can be worn in summer, and a warm tunic will warm in a cool autumn and will look gorgeous even under classic pants. Try to master our workshops on knitting a tunic with knitting needles, and the diagrams and description will help you.
Practical tips for novice masters
Experienced needlewomen have long tried various schemes describing tunics knitting, so they know and can do the job quickly and efficiently. And if you consider yourself to be such a category of masters, then you can safely skip this section of our article.
And for those who take up work for the first time, it will be useful to once again focus on some details of knitting:
- Never be lazy to tie a prototype. So you can accurately calculate the required number of initial loops and roughly imagine how the picture will look on an already finished product. In addition, not always the specified number of knitting needles can suit exactly your yarn.
- Cotton and airy materials will be suitable for summer options, while in winter the body will be much warmer if the long sweater is knitted from wool.
- A tunic tied with circular knitting needles looks more beautiful, but if you have not yet mastered such knitting, then at the end of the work you will have to assemble and strike the parts. Need to sew the sleeves, sides and neck with the seamy side of the yarn of the same color as the main work.
And now it's time to try your hand at practice. We offer you one version of a child and adult tunic.
Children's dress tunic
When mom knits in the house, it is not surprising that the wardrobe of a little fashionista is regularly updated. Usually babies knit hats, vests, dresses and sweaters. Knitting and knitting a tunic, which is not difficult for you to make with our diagrams and a description, is also useful.
- cotton yarn weighing about 200-250 g;
- needles number 3.
- We type 110 working loops plus 2 edging on the spokes in the usual way and knit 7-10 centimeters with an elastic band 2 on 2.
- Then immediately proceed to work with the main picture. To do this, use the following scheme.
- Attention: so that there are no gaps in the pattern, rows 1 through 17 are knit completely only once, and then we only repeat from the third line.
- We knit according to this scheme to the required length of the product, starting to make a decrease in every twentieth row 8 times 1 stitch.
- We proceed to the formation of armhole. For them, it will also be necessary to remove the extra loops: first, on both sides, 4 pieces, and then in each 2 row 10 times, 2 stitches.
- To form a cutout, we knit a rubber band 2 × 2 5-6 rows in a row and close all the loops.
- The back fits in the same way, after which we grind all the details together.
- Now it's time to start strapping the sleeve cut-outs. We will use the technique of "false curling": carefully pick up the stitches along the edge of the front, then as tightly as the air loops and close the circle on the back.
- At a set of loops on an already finished product, such a scheme with a description will help.
- We knit kettlevku 4-5 rows and go to the gum size 2 on 2, the length of which should be exactly the same as on the neck of the sundress.
- As a result, after the assembly and washing should get here is such a wonderful knitted product.
- At will, the description and patterns of knitting this tunic with needles can be varied with other patterns, for example, with knobs or leaves.
We update your wardrobe for the summer season
The scheme and description of the beach tunic with knitting needles for an adult lady should also not cause you difficulties in work. The finished product consists of only two patterns: the first is on the skirt, the second is on the main piece of the tunic. This fashionable thing will look harmoniously with tight leggings.
- 250 g of mercerized cotton yarn;
- Knitting needles number 2;
- auxiliary needle;
- 2 buttons to match the yarn.
- Knit a test sample measuring 10 by 10 centimeters and calculate the density of knitting. For example, with Alpina "Holly" yarn the density will be 2.9 stitches per 1 cm. You may get other numbers depending on the thickness of the thread.
- After the density is calculated, the pattern of the tunic is in a hurry.
- Multiply the obtained loop density by the width of the hem and get the initial number of stitches.
- If on an experimental piece the binding turned out to be too dense, then take the spokes of a larger diameter. If, on the contrary, the sample in your opinion is too loose, then smaller needles will fit.
- So, the number of loops is calculated, the needles are selected, it's time to start knitting. To do this, we collect the required number of stitches (in our case, 132 loops) and knit 4 rows of garter stitch.
- Then we continue to work according to the picture. At first we will use the scheme of a fantasy pattern.
- Thus, we knit about 79 centimeters from the start of work, or about 104 rows. The number of rows, if desired, can be slightly reduced, but then the tunic will be shorter.
- Then knit openwork paths to the length of the armholes. This scheme is useful.
- For registration armhole sleeves in the 197 row from the beginning of knitting on both sides of the auxiliary needle transferred by 20 loops. In total, only 92 stitches should be left on the needles. We knit on the pattern "openwork tracks" with cuts another 40 rows.
- For carrying out the line of the neck, we transfer to the auxiliary needles the middle 66 stitches. In total, there are 13 loops around the edges.
- Now we go to work with the straps and we knit 82 rows with openwork paths, while in each second row we do not knit nakida 5 times. This is necessary in order to form the corners.
- After about 9 rows of needles, only 3 stitches should be left. In the 328 series from the start of knitting close all the loops.
- The front part of the tunic fits in the same way, except that all the loops are closed in the 209 row.
- At the end of the work we carry out the product assembly: we sew the front part and the back, tie up a stitched knit line of armholes and necks, sew buttons on the straps.
- Such a light openwork tunic with knitting needles should turn out according to these schemes and description.
We hope that now, thanks to our knitting lessons, you will be able to replenish your wardrobe with new stylish things, and the work will bring only a long-awaited rest from domestic fuss and moral pleasure.