In the pret-a-porter shows of the new season, a special place is occupied by dresses, blouses, trimmed with lace or knitted from large air loops. A lot on the catwalks and stoles. If you want to repeat the pattern of such elegant and elegant things, then it is time to master the technology of knitting on the fork. We will consider the models and schemes for them in the master class.
Not the fork that eats, but the one that knits ...
Knitting fork only remotely resembles a flatware. These are two pieces of wire - knitting needles, which are connected by a thin rod with small holes. Depending on how thick you want to make the canvas, you can move the spokes on the crossbar further or closer.
Another option forks - with a rounded end. It is usually used for tying lace. The tool is named so because the curved right and left parts of the thin tube resemble the plug that we eat, but only the first and last links. In the knitting tool, they keep the canvas, which can later become:
- a scarf;
- a dress;
- a blouse;
For this type of needlework suitable thread of medium thickness of any texture: acrylic, wool, mixed fibers. In the process of knitting, the fork itself will be required, as well as a crochet hook of a size appropriate to the thickness of the thread. The working thread should always be behind the fork in the left hand and the hook in the right hand in front of it.
Pros and cons of knitting
Advantages of work on the fork craftswomen call:
- beautiful air loops in the product (just imagine that there are more than a hundred options for knitting scarves on a fork!);
- the speed of vyvyazyvaniya (to bind the tippet, it takes only a couple of hours);
- compactness of the tool (it is convenient to take the plug with you when working on a trip or while waiting in a queue).
There is, however, one drawback: you have to constantly recalculate the loops, since they very easily “run away” from the tool.
Products tied to a fork have one thing in common: they consist of strips. The fact is that on this tool you can only knit a canvas in the form of a tape, which then must be joined together. Master class for beginners knitting on a fork begin with a simple pattern.
Air strips with a semi-column
- On the hook throws 1 loop.
- We throw the working thread on the right prong of the fork so that its middle can be stretched into the first loop.
- We turn the fork clockwise and on the second tooth we throw in the thread, form a loop and fasten it together with the one on the hook.
- Repeat steps 2-3 to the desired length.
- We remove the finished strip from the plug, pull out the last loop, but do not remove it: it will be needed when tying, which will be described below. From these strips you can make beautiful scarves or capes on furniture.
- We form a hook loop.
- We throw a thread on the right prong of the fork, stretch the loop through the one that was on the hook.
- We throw the thread on the second tooth, we make a cape.
- Grab an air loop with a hook, draw a thread through it.
- Knit along with the cover.
- We knit the resulting loop with the one that from the beginning of work remained on the hook.
- Knit further, repeating steps 2-6, until the tape is the desired length.
This pattern will look very original on shawls or stoles.
- Making a loop on the hook.
- Working thread put on the prongs of the fork.
- Hook clings to the air loop, stretch the loop through it and knit together with the first.
- Repeat steps 2-3 as needed.
- We throw the end of the thread through the right prong.
- We make a hook loop.
- We turn the work, and we hook the hook to the front side.
- We form 1 besnakidny column and 1 ordinary loop.
- We move the fork around the axis and from each loop we make 1 column without single crochet.
Drawing for the stole
- We make one loop around the fork, throwing the thread on the right.
- We form a loop.
- From the center we stretch the thread and wrap it around the left prong.
- We derive the hook on the front of the work.
- Hooking on the back thread, we knit 1 link-less column.
- Repeat steps number 3, 4 until such time as there will be about 465 loops.
- Make another 4 strips on the model.
- We put them together, align and sew.
How to fix the elements?
In any video diagrams and descriptions of knitting on the forks of connecting strips, individual tapes stipulate that you first need to determine the order of the parts. The plug is no longer needed - just a hook.
- We lay out strips in parallel lines.
- Crochet 3 loops on each side.
- Repeat to the required length.
- Grabing the loops left on the fork, we tie the ribbon with single crochets. We grab the edges in a loop, draw a working thread through it, and then knit it together with a loop that remains on the hook.
If you set your goal to find the latest models and schemes for creating fashionable clothes, be sure to pay attention to knitting on the fork. This old way of creating unique things is experiencing a rebirth. Choose the right picture - and go! Just take your time, otherwise you will lose loops. But, having done everything correctly, you will be surprised what a beautiful pattern learned from just one loop on a hook.