Probably, at least once in their life, each hostess faced such an unpleasant problem as the formation of soot in the pan. Removing it is very difficult, but possible. For this purpose, both modern cleaning products and equally effective folk recipes can be used.
How to wash a cast iron skillet?
Nagar is loose on the outside and thick enough inside a layer of black and brown. Its formation occurs directly on the surface of the pan during its operation. In essence, it is burned and stubborn fat, which was used during cooking. With each use of the pan, a new layer is applied, as a result of which it becomes very difficult to remove carbon deposits. If regular cleaning of the dishes is not carried out, over time no chemical cleaner will help.
It is quite easy to take care of cast iron frying pans, the main thing is to do it regularly. Such dishes are unpretentious in the care, in the process of cooking there is no release of any harmful compounds and an attractive appearance for many years. To do this, you just need to periodically clean the pan from carbon. Vinegar, soda and citric acid can help in this matter.
Abrasives can also be used to clean a cast iron pan, so a metal sponge or brush will be the best helpers.
At the bottom of the pan need to pour a fairly thick layer of simple table salt, pour vinegar. All this is left for about 15 minutes. Then the dishes are placed on the stove (along with the contents) and soda is introduced (exactly 1 tbsp.). After about 5 minutes, the pan is removed and placed under a stream of running water, rinsed thoroughly. As a result of mixing and heating of vinegar, soda and salt, a strong reaction occurs, during which carbon deposits soften, which will now be much easier to separate from the surface of the pan.
In order that during cooking food does not stick, it will be necessary to ignite the pan. During cleaning, it is worth remembering that a thin layer of fat is a natural protective coating that is not recommended to be completely washed off. Therefore, you need to regularly ensure that the layer of soot does not become very thick.
To clean the cast iron pan, you can use a simple stationery glue. This is one of the most effective methods of cleaning. To do this, you need to take a large enough container in which the stationery glue (2 standard bottles) and soda (2 packs) mix, water is poured. The container is placed on the stove and as soon as the mixture starts to boil, it is necessary to place the pan in it, boil for 5 hours at minimum heat. Inhaled carbon deposits will begin to gradually dissolve, and no mechanical cleaning will be required.-
To remove persistent soot, it is recommended to use acetic acid, which also helps to get rid of fat. Of course, you need quite a lot of acid, but the result is worth it. The pan is placed in a deep container, then poured with acid and left for some time. As a rule, the cleaning process using this method can take up to 3 days. After complete cleaning, the pan will need to be washed with warm water and cleaned with any detergent.
Clean the pot from burning
The formation of burning, which is not cleaned, with time can become a real problem. Today, there are a large number of different methods by which you can return the original appearance of the dishes. When choosing a method, it is worth considering the material from which the pan is made.
- One of the most effective time-tested methods is one during which it is necessary to boil the dishes in a special solution for some time. To do this, take a rather large metal basin, fill it with water, add baking soda (about 7 tbsp. L.). A shredded bar of laundry soap is introduced and stirred. Then put the pan and boil it in the mixture at minimum heat for about 3 hours. Then wash the dishes thoroughly with plenty of running water. This method is strictly prohibited to use for cleaning aluminum pans.
- You can use special cleaning gels. Polyethylene or rubber gloves are required to be worn to protect the skin. The cleaner is applied directly to the surface of the pan, then left for about half an hour. After the specified time you need to wipe the dishes with a sponge. Do not use abrasives for cleaning non-stick and aluminum surfaces.
- To remove the burning, you can use the following tool - in a 1: 5 ratio, vinegar and water are mixed. In the resulting mixture boiled contaminated dishes on a minimum of fire for several hours. Vinegar and soda not only softens the water, but also perfectly eats away fumes. After applying this method, it will be enough just to clean the pan with a sponge with any detergent.
- For cleaning the iron and enamelled surfaces it is recommended to use a metal brush, which will greatly facilitate the work. Pre-frying pan is soaked in soapy and warm water, then the surface is treated with a brush. Thanks to the use of modern cleaning powder, the process can be significantly accelerated.
- It helps to cope with the fumes and is such an old but effective method as sand cleaning. This method is perfect for processing large surfaces, for example, the oven. To do this, take a handful of sand and apply it on a pre-moistened surface. The sponge is soaped with laundry soap and dishes are cleaned on all sides. After 30 minutes, you need to repeat the cleaning and wash the pan with clean water.
- To clean the pan from burning with a non-stick coating, you must use special cleaning agents or a mild soap solution.
Secrets of successful cleaning outside
To clean the pan from the outside, it is recommended to use the following products that are easy to apply yourself at home. At the same time, it is worth remembering that each of these methods has certain advantages and disadvantages.
- Brush. In this case, you need to take a brush for the drill, which is covered with villi. This nozzle can be purchased at any specialty store. Goggles are worn before work, as the garbage will fly in all directions. This procedure is recommended to perform on the street.
- Open fire Due to the effect of fire, a gradual desiccation of the soot occurs, the fat evaporates, and all the loose particles fall off. You can heat the pan on a simple gas stove, but any other source of open fire will do. It is necessary to prepare for the fact that in the case of such cleaning, the apartment will not have the most pleasant aroma, and even a powerful extractor does not always cope with the task. Therefore, it is recommended not only to turn on the hood, but also to open all the windows, as due to the draft, the unpleasant smell disappears much faster.
- It is advisable to use a gas burner in the open air. The pan should be placed on a metal stand and burned on all sides. We must work very carefully, as many modern pans have a handle made of plastic or wood. This method is not suitable for cleaning dishes made of aluminum, since it is a very soft metal, it is easily deformed.
- Belt, eccentric or vibratory grinder. In this case, it will be necessary to thoroughly treat the surface of the pan until all the carbon is completely cleaned. Before you start cleaning, you should wear a mask and goggles, as it will be very dusty during work.
It is difficult to wash the soot and fumes from the pan, but it is possible if you know some tricks. There are many industrial tools and folk recipes that allow you to clean the dishes from ingrained grease and dirt. It is important to choose the compositions depending on the material from which the pan is made, so as not to spoil it in the cleaning process.