Flowers create comfort in the house. Agree, without greenery is not a house, but some kind of office. Many housewives grow cacti. They purify and moisturize the air, absorb electromagnetic radiation, have bactericidal properties and bloom just amazing. But in order for the cactus to please you with its appearance, it requires attention and care. For example, transplanting plants: would it seem difficult? However, the wrong actions can simply destroy it. Therefore, let's find out how to transplant the cactus into another pot, without damaging it and not breaking hands.
How to transplant cactus: general aspects
Cactus transplantation is one of the ways to saturate its root system with air. When you take out a flower from old dishes, shake up the soil, thereby opening air access to the root system.
The best time of the year for cacti transplantation is spring months since the end of March. Young plants from tight pots are transplanted once a year, larger cacti - once every two or three years, but at the same time, the top layer of the earth must be changed to fresh every year without damaging the roots.
For a successful transplant of plants you need to know the basic rules:
- A new flower pot is selected based on the size of the cactus;
- the earth mixture should correspond only to a certain type of plant;
- replanting cacti is best during periods corresponding to their vital activity;
- prepare all the necessary materials and tools in advance.
Transplantation of cacti at home: description of the process
According to the rules of plant growers we put gloves on our hands and proceed to the basic procedure:
- When buying a pot for cactus, we stop our choice on dishes of a slightly larger size than the old container. A pot of too large a volume will restrain the normal growth of the plant due to acidification of excess soil not filled with rhizome.
- For unimpeded separation of the roots of the cactus from the old land, stop its watering about five days before starting the transplant.
- The consistency of the earthy mixture, the most appropriate for our case, should not be too dense with a high content of minerals. The composition of such a mixture in equal proportions includes land containing peat, river sand, chopped wood ash and, depending on the type of cactus, a little limestone or rotted mullein, sod and rubble.
- Add superphosphate granules to the ground and mix. For the roots of cacti more weak acidic environment.
- Lay out the bottom of the pot with rubble, blocking the holes for water flow. Top poured charcoal, then a layer of sand. Part of the prepared soil is poured in a small layer so that in the middle of the pot there is a cone. We water in advance so that by the time of transplantation the ground is not very wet.
- We wrap paper of our prickly friend. In order not to damage it when excavating, slightly tapping the old pot outside, which will allow the soil to separate from the walls of the dish. Use the knitting needle to pick it out. No need to pull the cactus, otherwise you just tear off.
- After excavation, carefully inspect the roots, if necessary, cut dried and too long roots.
- The plant is dropped into the center of the new pot and straighten the roots. Evenly, lightly tapping with your hand on the walls of the pot, we fall asleep the roots with earth and tamp down. Pour the soil so that the stem is completely above the surface. Fill the top with a layer of sand up to 10 mm thick.
How to transplant a cactus shoot?
Often cacti seated, separated from the main plant processes. It is done this way:
- To separate the stem from the parent plant you need a sharp knife or blade. Do not let the remains of the process on the main stem, because it will lead to decay of the cactus.
- Place the scion in the refrigerator for a while until the cut point dries out a little.
- The diameter of the dishes for planting cactus spike should exceed it by a few centimeters. Excess moisture in the pot will contribute to root rot.
- For such purposes, suitable wet sandy soil, which is simply laid out the process of cutting place to the sand. After which we begin regular watering. When watering, try not to move the appendage from the spot, until it takes roots.
- After rooting, the young cactus is transplanted using the above described technology. Such a plant should not be buried too deep. Just in the center of the pot make a small depression, put the roots there and sprinkle with an earthy mixture.
How to provide comfortable conditions for a new plant?
In order for the transplanted cactus to feel comfortable and not disappear, when caring for it, follow these rules:
- cover the plant with a transparent cap;
- Do not place it in a well-lit place and in direct sunlight;
- cactus is not recommended to be watered often;
- instead of watering, use a spraying of cactus with biostimulant solutions, which can be purchased in flower shops.
Now your home oasis replenished with another rather exotic plant. The flower on the cactus is an extraordinary and beautiful sight. There is a sign - if the cactus bloomed, then wait for good news. So let cacti always bloom in your home!