It is difficult to meet women who would not like to dress nicely and fashionably. But today it is difficult to get really high-quality clothes for various reasons. The best way out of this situation is to learn how to sew! The easiest way to master tailoring a convenient dress bat, which is absolutely suitable for all occasions.
A dress with bat sleeves has been in demand at all times. Anyone who is familiar with at least the simplest skills of working with a sewing machine can cope with it. The style of the dress is attractive because it is suitable for work, parties, business meetings, buffets and just for a walk.
The peculiarity of the bat is that it does not fit the arm and has loose sleeves. If you do it in Viduniki, then tailoring will be similar to a child's vest. The only difference is that you do not need to do a separate cutting and stitching of the sleeves.
The pattern will be a rectangle, on top of which you need to leave a cutout for the head, as well as cut the sleeve. The length will depend solely on your wishes.
Dress bat can be sewn from any fabric. It all depends on taste preferences and, of course, on the season when the product is supposed to be worn. There are small subtleties: the fabric should not be too thick. It is necessary to take into account the falling sleeve, and if the material is heavy, this effect cannot be achieved.
Pattern dress bat: designing
First you need to carve out two parts - front and back. Here we must take into account that if a woman wants to get a cutout in the form of a “boat,” the details will be the same, and if the Mysik different. Stitch the product should be on the sides, starting from the shoulders. Next, go to the bottom. The important point is overlocking the edges, because the threads open up, and the dress may eventually ruin. It is also necessary to hem the bottom of the product. This is done very simply - bending the fabric and stitching. You can go for a little trick and use a secret seam so that nothing can be seen from the outside. The same pattern should be processed and sleeves. After that, you will only have to finish the neck. This is done with a facing.
- If you have taken the pattern of blouses with one-piece sleeves, then it should be lengthened.
- Also, be sure to check the width of the hips. It should be equal to about 1/4 of the girth + 1 cm increase for freedom of fit.
- In addition, you need to check the length of the sleeves. To do this, take a measure on the shoulder seam, starting from the neck and to their bottom.
- Next you need to decide on the length of the cuff. Mark 13-17 cm from the bottom of the sleeve and cut off the extra piece. On a piece of paper, simulate a double cuff.
How to carve out the details of the dress:
- The fabric needs to be folded face down. Lay the pattern so that the middle cut of the pattern coincides with the fold. Outline the detail - it will be in front of the dress. Draw a deep round neck.
- Turn the dress pattern over so that the top and bottom are exchanged. Put it, combining the middle cut. Retreat 1-1.5 cm from the edge and slide the pattern, draw it. It will be a back with an average seam.
- Outline the pattern cuff, combining the middle with the warp thread on the fabric.
- Add seam allowances:
along the lateral cuts and lower cuts of the sleeves 1.5-2cm.
on humeral cuts and top cuts of sleeves 1,5 - 2 cm.
on sections of a bottom of sleeves of 1-1 cm.
on the bottom cut of the dress 3-4 cm.
on the side cut cuff 0.7-1 cm
Cutting the cuff to the sleeve 1-1.5 cm.
- From the remnants of the fabric cut the edging strip along an oblique equal to the length of the neck plus 2 cm and 3.5 cm wide.
How to sew a bat dress with your own hands?
- First you need to sweep the side seams of the dress and the lower sections of the sleeves. Then they need to be stitched, without interrupting the machine line.
- Stripping threads to remove and brush over the cuts.
- Iron the side seams from the bottom to 10-15 cm above the hoist line. Do the same with the sleeves, retreating 20-25 cm from the bottom.
- Repeat the operation with the shoulder seams of the product and the upper seams of the sleeves.
- Trim the neckline with a seam strip with a closed cut (it is recommended to slightly strip the strip).
- Stitch the cuff ends into the ring. The width of the seam is approximately 0.7-1 cm. Gently undress, fold the cuff in half with the seamy side inwards, align the cuts and tuck the cuffs along the fold. Iron up the detail.
- The next step you need to take is to adjust the sewing machine so that the upper thread loops. It is necessary to set the maximum stitch length. Lay 2 machine stitches along the bottom of the sleeve. The first - at a distance of 1.3 cm from the slice, the second - 0.2 - 0.3 cm from it. Clip at the beginning and end of the machine lines do not need to put. Form the assembly at the bottom of the sleeve. It is done this way: pull together the ends of the threads at the same time 2 machine lines and distribute them evenly. Next, tighten the bottom until the length of the assembled part and the cut of the cuff are the same.
- Next, you will need pins with which you must pin cuffs to the assembled bottom of the sleeve, combining the seams. Sweep them, gradually removing the pins. Sew on the cuff with a seam width of 1-1.5 cm, laying between 2 lines to form the assemblies. Remove the basting thread and stitches to form the assemblies. Throw all the cuts together and press them to the side of the sleeve.
- It is necessary to sweep over the lower section of the dress. To make the work look more accurate, it should be hemmed manually with small hidden stitches. Remove pronging and iron the bottom of the dress on the wrong side.
There are a huge number of varieties of dresses in the style of "Bat". Each woman can choose for themselves the option that suits her. It all depends on the personal taste of the ladies and the characteristics of her physique. It should be borne in mind that a dress with bat sleeves visually reduces growth. In ordinary life, only tall girls of slim stature can afford such an outfit, for example, with ballet flats or sandals on a solid sole.
Dress bat: photo options
Elegant dresses with a light air top and a tight skirt are good for a buffet table, a date or a business meeting, when sewn from elegant festive fabric. The same style of regular knitwear is suitable for everyday life;
Evening dresses can be open with an open neckline or with a neckline. Style bat also looks elegant in fabrics such as silk, chiffon and many others.
The outfit made from plain viscose is very practical and comfortable to wear. Not creasing and airy, it does not hinder movement and can be useful for all occasions.
If the dress is short, it can be easily worn with leggings or tight pants, then it automatically turns into a tunic.
Incredibly elegant and elegant look snow-white wedding dresses of this style. If at the same time the girl collects hair in a high hair, the dress will emphasize the shoulders and neck of the bride.
It must always be remembered that modern and stylish accessories, which can easily complement and decorate clothes, play a very important role in any image. The bat dress perfectly harmonizes with various long neck jewelery - necklaces, pendants, beads or chains. In addition, stylists propose not to neglect the thin elegant strap, which can be worn both at the waist and at the hips.
If you make a bat dress from a plain fabric, you can wear it with almost all the ornaments. Various applications or embroidery that adorn the outfit and give it a piquancy look very good. Even more elegant dress bat will look, if it is complemented by a wide belt. This makes it possible to emphasize the waist and hide minor flaws.
Dress bat, first of all, is convenient in that it is loose in fit and therefore does not interfere with gestures. In addition, it easily hides all the flaws of the figure and emphasizes the advantages. Ladies with magnificent forms can wear loose dresses to the floor, and owners of more slender figures can afford styles with tight-fitting elegant skirts. Another advantage - the dress pattern bat, like his tailoring, is extremely simple.