There are many paper crafts that can be used as decorations for rooms, events, or children's toys. Some of them are paper pigeons. These birds of the world look quite unusual and elegant. For the manufacture of such crafts do not need to spend a lot of time. Only 15-20 minutes is enough.
How to make a paper pigeon: the necessary materials
You can use several techniques at once. Most often, such pigeons cut out on a pattern. You can also try to make birds in the technique of origami or otherwise. You may need the following tools and tools.
Paper - it is better to choose a special one for creativity. For example, if you decide to decorate a bird from ordinary office paper with paint, the material may get too wet and go in waves. This spoil the look of crafts. Office paper can be replaced with white cardboard for creativity. It is better to choose a matte rather than glossy one, since the plumage of white doves is not too shiny. Also suitable watercolor paper. Usually it is sold in small folders of 10-12 sheets.
As a decor, many craftswomen use different Kraft materials. This may be, for example, corrugated paper. Remember that the density of the material should be sufficient, because some details to give volume bend.
Materials for decoration - paper pigeons can be decorated with transparent glue with glitter. Also on the wings of birds put various patterns. This can be done with markers or paint. It is better to choose acrylic or gouache, as they form an even durable layer on paper.
Accessories - also birds are sometimes used to create garlands. Therefore it is necessary to pick up the rope for them. An interesting option in the style of chebbi chic is the use of a jute rope or twine. Also, pigeons are sometimes hung in the room. An interesting hack can come out if you fix the birds on a metal circular base. As her, you can use the usual hoops for embroidery.
Paper Dove Pattern: Work Features
On a pattern to do a pigeon simply enough. Prepare thick paper. If you have a printer at home, you can immediately print a template. In this case, you should first stretch the image so that you get the desired size.
It should be cut 3 parts - torso, wings and crest. This should be done on solid lines. Dotted lines designate places of bends. There should be no holes cut in the center of the torso template!
We proceed to the formation of the volume of the bird's head. To do this, bend the backrest pattern along the dotted lines. Beak should look down. Further, cuts feathers on the tail. To make the bird more realistic, it is worth creating a feather. To do this, we make oblique cuts in all places except the head and beak. This also applies to other details. The crest must be especially lush.
We form the wings. To do this, also bend the middle part of the dotted lines. It should make a small triangle that goes down. Do not forget to make the plumage at the edges using oblique cuts. Triangle of the central part of the paste with glue. Then glue it to the body in the middle.
The final stage - crest. It is also slightly bent (should get a small "tongue"), and then glued to the head of the bird.
Dove of Peace: we make a bird in origami technique
Take a square sheet of paper and fold it diagonally. Then repeat this action for the other side. Leave it as a triangle. Rotate the workpiece so that the split top faces to the left. Then bend it to the right. In this case, the fold should be located from the wide right side at a distance of 2-3 cm. Repeat the same action in the opposite direction.
Then, the resulting protruding part is lifted up again, capturing a part of the future torso of the bird (approximately 1 cm at the triangle, which is located behind the part). We almost got a bird. It remains only to wrap the beak of a pigeon. To do this, the nearest part of the triangle on the left side of the craft is bent down.
The dove of peace made from paper using origami technique can be not only white, but also any other color. It is best to use thin paper. It will be easier to fold. You can decorate the craft by painting the bird with felt-tip pens. You can also stick her eyes and beak out of paper. This work looks very nice. If you hang it for thin ropes or fishing line in the form of a garland. Doves have at the base of the chandelier.-
Interesting pigeons can be created in alternative techniques. One of them involves the use of wet paper. The resulting birds can be used as figures for garlands or create various applications with their help.
You will need:
- Multicolored paper napkins
- Hive pva
- Pattern picture
- Plastic bag or film
- Print the template for making pigeons. It is better to choose drawings in which birds are depicted in profile. On the printed sheet of paper should be put plastic film on top.
- Go to the valuation of paper to create crafts. To do this, prepare a few bowls. We take multicolored napkins and tear them with small fingers. Paper of different colors sorted by different bowls. Add some water and glue. The resulting mass is stirred in any convenient way. As a result, the paper should get a good wet. The resulting mass is very plastic and well molded.
- We take the wet shredded paper and lay out on the film in accordance with the contours of the picture. After you have filled the entire body of the pigeon, leave the mass to dry out. At most it takes from 1 hour to 2 hours.
- The dried stock can be used in any way. For example, they can be hung on a string on a Christmas tree. Also with the help of similar blanks pigeons make interesting applications. For example, on a thick sheet of cardboard place the birds, flowers and children's palms, made using the technique of wet paper. The method is interesting in that such birds can also be used to decorate scrapbooks and postcards.
Origami of corrugated paper
You will need:
- Thick cardboard
- Pigeon patterns
- Corrugated paper
- Using the template, cut out the pigeons from the cardboard. Cut the corrugated paper into square strips of medium length (about 3 cm).
- Roll small stripes out of slats. The easiest way is to place a pen in the center of any piece of paper.
- Then you need to bend the free edges of the paper up. The detail is fixed with fingers. Then it is smeared with glue from the inside. This should be done in the middle.
- Then the detail of the corrugated paper is glued to the cardboard pattern of the pigeon.
- Thus form and other details. They are glued over the entire area. As a result, we get a pigeon figure filled with paper.
Paper dove of peace is made using different techniques. The easiest way to do it is using a template. To do this, it is printed on the printer and cut out the necessary details. It should be remembered that the dotted lines in the patterns indicate the locations of the folds. They do not have to incise. Pigeons are also made using origami technique and made from wet and corrugated paper.