Larger and small, rectangular and round, open and with lids - there are hundreds of variants of cardboard boxes. They are an original and stylish interior decoration, give a special charm to any gift. And most importantly - the solution of the problem, how to make a box of cardboard, even a child can!
Principles of making cardboard boxes
Before embarking on the manufacture of boxes made of cardboard, you need to decide for what purpose it will be used. From this will depend on the size of the finished crafts. And from the dimensions, respectively, the material. For large boxes, it is better to take a thick cardboard. These products are suitable for storing clothes, books or interior items. And for boxes for all sorts of little things (photographs, jewelry, memorable trinkets, etc.) fit thick wrapping paper or fabric. Depending on the material you can choose the decor gizmos. It can be:
- fabric flowers;
- stickers, etc.
How to make a cardboard box with your own hands?
Of course, now there are many options for purchased cardboard boxes for gifts. But much nicer to do such a thing with your own hands! Especially since time will go a minimum, and you will get a lot of pleasure.
- On the cardboard we draw a rectangle (the bottom of our box).
- From above and below we draw on the same rectangle - this is the depth of the craft.
- On the left and right, we also draw along a rectangle whose width is equal to the previous one, and the length corresponds to the sides of the original rectangle.
- Further, on the adjacent sides of the painted parts, we set aside a small segment, which we connect to the main line at an angle of 45 degrees (these are the ears with which we will glue the box).
- Cut the workpiece, glue.
- If you need a lid, then we act in the same way, only the main rectangle is made a centimeter more than the first one, so that the lid can be put on the box.
This craft can be decorated, painted or left in a minimalist design.
We make a small box
Small boxes are a nice gift wrapping option. And if it is also a round shape, then such a gift will surely win the heart of the owner.
- paper roll paper towels;
- PVA glue;
- a sheet of thin cardboard;
- mock knife
- Using the breadboard knife, cut the required height of the box from the roll.
- The second cylinder is cut off already - this is a cap for the box.
- We circle the roll circumference on the cardboard, we make 2 blanks.
- Cut a circle of cardboard, making a couple of millimeters of allowance.
- Cut the same circles out of paper, glue the cardboard and paper.
- Another 2 circles of paper are doing for the inside of the lid and bottom.
- Glue the circles to the bottom and to the lid, cut off the excess with a knife.
- On paper we cut a wrapper for a box and a cover. To do this, measure the circumference and put it on the drawing, adding 0.5 cm; we make an allowance of 2-3 cm to the height segment (it depends on the height of the craft), cut this allowance in teeth.
- We paste the box and the lid with paper, bending the teeth inward.
- We also cut out a wrapper for the inside of the box (we do not make allowances for the cloves).
- We put the lining in the box and glue the docking seam. Round box is ready. You can decorate it at your own discretion, choosing a decoration for the style of wrapping paper.
For threads, needles or just for storing the necessary details, a small product made of thin cardboard will be useful. To make a box of cardboard, you can search for schemes in the arsenal of origami techniques. It will take about 10 minutes to make, and we need only 2 sheets of cardboard (one a little more).-
- Take 1 sheet and fold it in half.
- Expand and fold diagonally.
- Expand. Angles bend to the center.
- The fourth part of the long side is bent to the middle.
- We do the same with the opposite side.
- Now by the middle we bend the short sides.
- We expand all the folds of the short side, lift it up along the fold and fold it inwards.
- Repeat the previous step on the second side.
- Glue the tails of the basics.
- Repeat steps 1-9 for the cover. The box is ready.
Box with lid for souvenirs
The original box for baking or small souvenirs is easily and simply made from cardboard packaging from under the eggs.
- egg carton;
- PVA glue;
- old postcard appliqué;
- satin ribbon.
- Cut the required size of the box from the bottom of the workpiece.
- The same format cut the cover.
- At the base and the lid with scissors we make 4 symmetrical holes.
- We pass through the holes in the tape, beautifully tied.
- On the cover we glue the application from the postcard. The box is ready.
Knowing how to make a box of cardboard, you can profitably present any gift. In addition, all the little things in your house will always be located in their places, and cardboard crafts will be wonderful decorative elements. And it is very important that no special skills are needed for such practical creativity.