Cleanliness and comfort in the house - the main task of every hostess. Despite the daily cleaning, mold can appear on the walls. Most often, a dark patina is found in the bathroom. Women who are interested in how to get rid of mold in the bathroom, you need to find out the cause of this phenomenon and eliminate it before affecting the consequences.
Mold is a fungus consisting of spores that affects surfaces in a room due to a significant excess of air humidity. The level of moisture content in the bathroom more than 80%, if:
- no vent;
- the crane leaks or the waterproofing of the drain lines is broken;
- dry things after washing;
- the apartment is heated unevenly, and the air temperature in the bathroom differs significantly from that in other areas of the dwelling.
A mold fungus not only spoils the appearance of a well-renovated room, but also damages the health of the inhabitants of the house. A person inhales his tiny spores and volatile components of the smell, which often leads to:
- allergic reaction;
- general intoxication of the body;
- irritation of the mucous membranes;
- lesions of the skin;
- chronic bronchitis or bronchial asthma;
- joint diseases.
Black mold forms black aspergillus - the causative agent of pulmonary aspergillosis, in most cases leading to death.
How to get rid of mold in the bathroom?
People faced with this problem often express the opinion that it is very difficult to fight mold. If you normalize the level of humidity in the room, the next step is the use of effective antifungal agents.
- SAVO is a universal antibacterial drug that is sprayed on the affected surface. Its effectiveness is quite high, but when using it is necessary to wear a respirator.
- Schimmel Vernichter is a household cleaner that is well absorbed, disinfects and destroys fungi. This substance is treated damaged areas, with a high degree of destruction - several times in a row.
- Dezavid is designed specifically for the treatment of baths and saunas, absolutely safe for humans. The spectrum of action is quite wide: it destroys not only fungi, but all known types of microbes.
Of particular concern is the black mold in the bathroom. How to get rid of deadly plaque on the walls with chemicals, it is useful to know for everyone. To eliminate black fungus, it is better to choose Anlas mukos - a concentrate of antifungal agent that is suitable for use indoors and outdoors, without effort cleans even infected areas of walls and objects with “long standing”. The drug is diluted in a ratio of 1: 2 and treated surfaces prepared according to the instructions. Mellerud, Mildew Remover will help to forget about black Aspergillus - high-quality products that, when regularly used, will quickly and completely eliminate the fungus.
"Budget" ways to combat mold
Not everyone has the opportunity to purchase expensive household antibacterial drugs. In this case, you should refer to the rich treasury of people's councils, proven by many years of experience.
- Copper sulfate
To wash the walls, prepare a solution in the proportion of 100 g of dry copper sulphate per 10 liters of water.
Chlorine, which is part of this tool, suspends the formation of new mold foci. To handle problem areas in the bathroom, simply dip an old sponge into the detergent preparation.-
- Hydrogen peroxide
It is very effective with regular processing of tile joints. The substance should be in contact with the affected site for at least half an hour.
- Powder Soda
2 tbsp. l soda and 1 tbsp. l detergent should be diluted in 250 ml of hot water. Using an old toothbrush or shoe brush, carefully wipe the surface, after 35 minutes, rinse off the product. The procedure will have to be repeated 3-5 times during the week.
This medicine will help to defeat the mold if it is properly prepared. In 250 ml of water dissolve the powder obtained by crushing 10 tablets. First, the surface is wiped with surfaces previously cleaned from the fungus, and after drying, repeated spraying is carried out.
When working with any anti-fungal solutions do not allow the ingress of funds on the skin and mucous membranes.
The defeat of the fungus is quite possible in remote places of the room. For example, mold often appears in the bathroom on the ceiling. How to get rid of this trouble, you decide, but it is worth considering that the recommended drugs may not be enough - repairs will need to be done using putty, paint and grout with antibacterial action.
How to prevent a problem?
To prevent colonies of fungi from attacking your bathroom, follow these simple rules:
- correct the problems in the ventilation and heating system;
- repair valves and drain pipes in time;
- periodically air the room;
- when cleaning use antiseptic detergents;
- Dry your laundry with a washing machine or outside.
If you live in an apartment and the cause of mold lies in the condition of the external walls of the municipal house, file a complaint with the housing and utility services.
How to get rid of mold in the bathroom - the information is very important, because the formation of dark bloom on the walls not only spoils the interior and mood, but also leads to the development of dangerous diseases. In order not to aggravate the problem, do not neglect the prophylactic and therapeutic antifungal agents.