What is needed to create a beautiful picture or drawing? In addition to the ability to draw, also painting skills. One of the most common means for this is gouache. But the classic palette of colors is not too rich. So, getting to work, it is worth exploring the technology of mixing paints, in particular, how to get brown color from gouache.
Color Circle - Beginners Friend
It is good to be an artist with experience: you know all the subtleties of mixing tones to get the most intricate shades. But beginners can long puzzle, what colors to mix to get brown or some other color that is not included in the traditional set. However, you should not despair: the color wheel will come to the rescue. Good quality gouaches on a package always contain a table describing the components to be mixed. Having studied it, we can breathe with relief, since it is possible to get a beautiful brown color when mixing paints, and even in several ways.
Subtleties of mixing
It would seem that the complex: combined two or three tones, stirred. It turned out very dark color - added white paint, too light - mixed with black gouache. Meanwhile, mixing shades is a much more complicated process that requires certain skills. But you can cope without experience if you follow these recommendations and take note of the following:
- if we combine 2 tones from the palette of a circle, then it is called secondary, and if the mixture is added to other shades, then the result is already tertiary;
- to get a brown tone (and all others too) you should not mix more than 3 colors;
- too much black to black out simply “eat up” the shade you need;
- adding white, it is worth considering that the tone is cold. In the case of brown, this can do a disservice, as the color itself belongs to a palette of warm colors;
- working with gouache, we must not forget that after 5-7 minutes after application, the color becomes lighter. So, combining shades, you need to make the tone a little darker than what was originally intended;
- Before mixing colors, you need to dilute the selected tones and combine them in smears - then you can evaluate the result of the mixture;
- for obtaining a beautiful uniform paint of the required shade you should not mix different types of gouache. For example, the usual one and the one to which the fluorescent pigments are added, since the final shade will be very dull.
7 and 1 way to make brown gouache
Our life - a series of black and white stripes, and accompanying us in all manifestations of existence. So in the color scheme for drawing these paints are necessarily present. Also in the color palette there are three shades that can not be done by mixing. It is sky blue, bright yellow and scarlet or red. All other tones can be created on this base. And the easiest way to get brown is to mix three basic colors.
But what if you need not just brown, but his halftones? To do this, you must not only change the set of basics, but also keep track of the proportions: adding a little more or a little less, you can not get what you want.
Mix green with red. And here the question arises: where is the green, if it is not in the database? In fact, everything is very simple: you need to combine blue and yellow. And then, mixing in red, we get tertiary brown on the way out.
We add to orange paint blue. In order to have orange on hand, you need to mix red and a little yellow. For a nice shade of brown, blue is added a little bit.
Combine the red tone with blue and get purple. And now it remains to add yellow paint - and the noble brown is ready.-
This option for creating deep brown is multistage. For its implementation, you need to mix two secondary colors - gray and orange. The first is obtained by mixing the classic white and blue-black, and the second - scarlet and bright yellow.
Coffee-brown with overflow is obtained by mixing purple paint with muted yellow and acid-orange. When combining the tones for the base, make sure that they are not pale, otherwise the desired tone will be too blurry.
We attach light orange and bright purple to orange. This is a rather painstaking way of creating the desired shade, but the finished result - a slightly shaded brown - is worth these efforts.
This option will appeal to those who love the process of creativity on the palette. Mix will have blue, yellow and red. But not all at once, but to begin with two tones (of any), and then gradually add the remaining 3rd tone.
... and 1 more
Mix greens with blue. Then we enter strict black, scarlet, and at the very end - saturated yellow. It is the last component that is responsible for the shade.
We get beautiful tones
Describing which colors you need to mix to get a dark, light, pale or bright brown will not be enough. You need to specify which tones we get in various combinations:
- the more yellow is mixed in, the more the color will resemble ocher;
- To give a chestnut shade to red, yellow, orange, add black;
- dark brown is learned by mixing yellow with red and black with white;
- a light semitone is the result of adding white paint to the finished mixture.
Drawing, especially paints, relaxes, brings pleasure. Of the many ways of telling how to get brown color from gouache, you should not choose only one: each of them is worthy of trying it out. And then the palette of paintings and drawings will sparkle with new interesting tones and semitones.