The days when knitting was necessary in everyday life needlework, are long gone. Despite this number of masters, knitters only grows. At the peak of popularity, unique hand-made things? Almost all needlewomen interested in the question: how to finish knitting? There are many ways to close the last row.
How to finish knitting?
- The easiest way to properly finish knitting, remove the edge of the fabric into a pigtail. In this case, the first two loops are knitted together. It turns out 1 loop. It is transferred to the left knitting needle. Next, knit it and the next loop together. So close all the loops of the row. Through the last loop pull thread. Then it is cut and hid on the wrong side.
- To choose a way to complete knitting, you need to decide what will be the edge of the finished product. It can be elastic and not stretchable.
- When closing the neck and slats usually use the Italian method. Simply put, it is pulling a needle and thread through loops. In this case, they are sheathed. The edge remains elastic. Most of all, this method is suitable for a canvas bound by a 1 by 1 rubber band. In this case, the edge does not stretch. The length of the thread for closure should be 3 times longer than the web. It is inserted into the needle with a blunt tip. Introduce the needle into the first loop. It moves from right to left. We stretch the thread, remove the loop from the needle. Introduce the needle through one loop. We stretch the thread from right to left. In this case, the loop does not descend, leaving on the needle. Introduce the needle into the previous missed loop. The movement is performed from right to left. We stretch the thread. We remove from the spokes two loops through which the thread was passed. We skip the thread through the next 4th loop from left to right, insert the needle into the last lowered loop, on the contrary, from right to left. Remove the loop. We skip one loop and insert the needle into the next. Repeat the steps above. In this method there is one secret. To make the edge look more accurate, the last 2 rows are knitted with smaller diameter needles.
- In order to pocket or neck, or rather its cut, ironed carefully, you can close them with a jagged line. First, two loops knit on the pattern. Then the left needle is inserted into the first loop on the right needle for the front wall. A second loop is pulled through it. It turned out to close one loop. Close another in the same way. The resulting 2 loops are transferred to the left needle. On the right knit dial 2 loops. Close 4 loops: 2 transferred to the left needle and 2 dialed. This way we close the entire row. Through the remaining last loop to stretch the thread, fasten and tear it.
- Straight shoulder seams can be closed using 3 spokes. In this case, two canvases remain on two spokes. Spokes held in his left hand. They are directed in one direction, are parallel to each other. From one of the paintings leaves the thread. You can use the thread from the new coil. In the right hand we take the 3rd knitting needle. With the right knitting needle we hook both first loops on the left knitting needles. We draw a thread through them. It turns out that we knit both loops. On the right spoke remained 1 loop. In the same way knit the following 2 loops. We get the resulting new loop through the loop left on the right needle. We knit it until the end of the edge. Pull the thread through the last loop. We tighten it and fix it.
- Sometimes it is necessary to close the hinges so that a smooth contour is formed. Usually, armholes of sleeves are formed this way. In this case, the steps of the closed hinges look inaccurate. This method affects 2 rows. In the first, the loops are closed in the usual way, pulling one through the other. In the second row you need to remove the 1st loop. The second knit on the pattern. Stretch the removed 1st one through the 2nd loop. Knit until the end of the row. Secure and trim the thread.
How to finish a row?
Loops can be closed on a pattern. So gum 1 on 1 finish in the following way. 1st loop knit facial, 2nd purl. Pull the front through the purl loop. A new loop knit facial, the next - purl. Stretch the purl through the front. Alternate these methods and close the entire row to the end. Thanks to this method, the closed loops will lie flat along the edge of the finished web.
A closed edge may look different. If you finish knitting on the front side, then the resulting edge will lie on top. On the wrong side, on the contrary, it will be less visible.
After closing the knitting tail is formed from the thread. It can be used to staple the web. In this case, it is better to leave the thread longer. The length of the thread depends on the thickness of the yarn and the diameter of your knitting needles. If you do not need to stitch, the thread is cut and neatly hidden on the wrong side of the canvas.
In some cases it is better to use a needle when closing the last row. This method gives the edge of elasticity, which is simply necessary for some parts of clothing (for example, for neck). In addition, needle-like closures are used when they want the first and last row to look the same.
In order to connect one detail to another, it is not necessary to close the last row. There is a method that will facilitate the completion of the product. Knit to the last row. We do not close it, but simply cut the thread. Knit auxiliary thread another row or even several rows. Cloth remove the spokes. The edge of our knitting is subjected to heat treatment. We put gauze on it and iron it with an iron with steam. We dismiss the rows connected by an additional thread. We have an ironed edge knitting. Hinges slightly elongated. Next, connect the item with another item knitted stitch.-
In openwork work, the loop is better not to close immediately after the pattern. It is much more convenient to finish knitting, knitting another 1 row of facial ones. Then this row is closed in any convenient way.
If the fabric is connected with a purl, then close the knitting as follows: the first 2 loops are knitted with purl. Next edge pulls through the 2nd. The next loop is knitted purl. Stretch the previous loop through it. Knit this way to the end of the row.
In some cases, a hook becomes an excellent helper in closing the last row. It is especially convenient to pull them through one loop through the other.
In order to finish a row faster, you can replace the working needle with a needle of a larger diameter. For this purpose, you can choose it several sizes larger.
In some parts it is required to close the hinges at the same time. The easiest way to make it look like this. At the beginning of the row, close the required number of loops, knitting them 2 together. After that, knit on the pattern to the end of the row. At the beginning of the next row, close the number of loops that should have been closed at the end of the previous row. After uneven knitting will be a little noticeable.
How to finish knitting? It all depends on what part you knit. Closing with a needle (Italian method) is usually used to create an elastic edge. The method is suitable for closing proym and mouths. A universal method of closing - tying 2 loops together. At the same time on the edge of the web a pigtail is formed. Also, the method of closing a row depends on how the pattern is related to the part.