In order to properly and beautifully draw a birch, you need to know its features, something that distinguishes it from other trees. Before you begin, study the structure of this plant, especially its leaves, inflorescences, shoots. Armed with this knowledge, you can easily display them together in a complex in your drawing. No matter what colors you draw. If you know what you are drawing, you will certainly succeed!
Phased drawing of birch
- To begin drawing it is necessary to draw auxiliary lines, which should represent the future trunk and converge at the top of the tree. It should be noted that these trees are rather slender, therefore the base of the trunk should not be too thick, moreover, this tree, as a rule, has no pronounced bends.
- Then mark the largest branches. Usually they start to be issued from the trunk high enough. Therefore, the segments that will be the prototype of the branches must be drawn higher.
- Draw the convex and concave parts along the trunk and branches of the future tree. Then pay attention to the state of the cortex. For example, old trees have many irregularities on it, various cracks, and hillocks, which, of course, should not be ignored in the figure.
- Also noteworthy is the thin bark, which has a habit of slightly peeling off the trunk. Taking into account the figure of all these nuances will make it more realistic.
- Now that the main frame is complete, start drawing young, thin shoots, the same hanging branches with which many people associate this tree. These shoots are very long, thin and flexible, so they bend under the weight of leaves, buds and inflorescences.
- If necessary, add our earrings "earrings." In size, these decorations are approximately equal to the size of a large birch leaf. They always hang down. Usually, earrings are grouped in two or three pieces. These inflorescences form a multitude of scales. Earrings grow at the ends of long shoots.
- Start drawing leaves. In shape, they resemble an egg or diamonds, but pointed at the end. The edges of the leaf have many notches, and on the leaf itself the axis of the cutting and several lateral grooves extending from it are clearly visible.
- When all the outlines are ready, it is necessary to proceed to coloring. Remember that the bark should not be pure white. Its color depends mainly on the lighting. For example, if you want to depict a birch tree at sunset, then reddish and yellowish-orange shades will definitely be present in the trunk. Spots, longitudinal stripes on the trunk should have a black-gray color. Birch leaves must be given a rich green color. Those of them that are younger have a shade close to the color of young grass, the leaves are older - a darker color. The color of long shoots is fundamentally different from the color of the trunk and branches - it should be brown-black. The shoot tone will also change depending on the lighting.
How to draw a birch in oil or watercolor?
First, we draw a birch trunk, without any irregularities and stains. For example, the trees stand against the light, so the trunk is darker in the middle, at the edges it is "highlighted". The trunk in the dark parts will have a bluish-gray tint. It is also necessary to darken a little bottom of the trunk.
Then we start working with dark spots. They must be applied over the entire area of the trunk. If you plan to depict young birch, then the spots should be placed horizontally, if the tree is older, then vertical defects of the bark predominate. Closer to the ground, spots and cracks are getting bigger. At the very base of the trunk, their design is such that it gives the impression of black coarse cloth draped over the trunk. While it is not necessary to carefully draw spots. Just mark their location with light gray paint.-
The outer side of the spot slightly behind the tree, so the edges should be lighter. When lightening the edges, you need to pay attention to which side it gets more light, and that is where the spots should be lightened. Vertical uneven lines inside the spots are needed to give naturalness. They must be painted a tone or a little lighter than the stain itself.
Inside the stain from the side of the lighted edge it is necessary to add paint darker than the stain itself. In order to disappear a certain painting, you need to shade the paint with a dry brush. Apply horizontal soft lines around the trunk. To do this, it is best to use the brush one, and the black paint can be mixed with blue and white.
For the Russian people, birch is not just a tree, but a symbol of the Motherland, our country and the special Russian spirit. The mystery and purity of the birch must invariably inspire and awaken the true artist in you!