When buying a new thing, a person wants it to serve as long as possible and always remain presentable. Of course, this depends directly on the manufacturer’s honesty, but it also means a lot about the right care, which is chosen for each type of fabric or even the type of processing separately. To make life easier for the consumer, today there are special labels on each item with symbols that suggest the correct washing and ironing modes. But how to decipher them?
What do clothing labels say?
All the variety of strange signs and drawings that can be found on small pieces of paper attached to any thing - from coat to underwear - is divided into only 4 groups: washing, ironing, cleaning and drying. True, not every thing has marks on each of the items. At the same time, if you are engaged in taking care of your own things, preparing to start the washing machine, you will most likely study not only the "washing" item, but also the "cleaning", as well as the "drying", since all of them often get into the process. cleansing tissue. Therefore, it is necessary to understand what the labels on clothes mean when washing, not only in the category of the same name.
Some of these shortcuts are solved on an intuitive level, but the majority of them require targeted study and memorization: the slightest mistake will lead to irretrievable damage to things. Therefore, experts recommend the list below to keep on hand until all the designations on the labels for washing do not settle in memory.
Decoding labels on clothes for washing
- A simple image of the pelvis with water suggests that the product can be passed through a washing machine and does not require special conditions for this process. Most often found on cotton, synthetics, etc.
- The crossed-out basin with water indicates a total ban on washing - from manual to machine.
- A basin with water and a hand is a sign of hand washing, in which spinning is prohibited, and the fabric itself should barely rinse without mechanical action. The water temperature at the same time - no higher than 40 degrees.
- The rectangle in the circle says about the inadmissibility of the use of a washing machine. How does it differ from the previous designation on clothes for washing? In this situation, there are no reservations on the water temperature, the method of manual cleaning, etc. The main thing - do not resort to using a washing machine.
- A basin with water, under which a horizontal line is drawn - the need to adhere to a careful regime. Often there is added a figure indicating the temperature regime. Also prolonged mechanical actions are not allowed, and if the spinning is on, the centrifuge should rotate slowly (the smallest number of revolutions is set).
- A basin of water and 2 horizontal features - a sign of delicate washing. A large amount of water, a short rinse with a gradual decrease in water temperature, preferably no mechanical impact on the thing.
- Taz with numbers located inside - an indication of a specific temperature. Here, 95 degrees require boiling and are suitable for clothes with heavy soiling, as well as colored non-shedding things. 50 and 60 allow you to set a simple wash of any color and white linen at a given temperature. With notation 40 and 30, no strong detergents should be used.
- The sign of infinity and the cross require to abandon manual spin.
In addition to the main drawings from the “washing” group, spinning and cleaning may be related to this process, so attention should also be paid to them.-
- A simple rectangle with a circle inside - spinning things is allowed at any speed and for any time. No special conditions apply.
- The crossed rectangle - forbids an extraction and drying.
- A rectangle with vertical stripes inside is a sign that the machine spin for laundry is prohibited, and things must be dried in a vertical (hanging) state. Such fabrics are usually wrung out by hand, without twisting, easy passing palms on them.
- A simple rectangle - drying without spinning in a washing machine, the item can be manually pressed in any way, and also located in any form.
- A rectangle with a circle and a dot in the middle is a delicate drying symbol, in which the laundry should be in a room (car) with a low temperature.
- A rectangle with a circle and 2 dots - normal drying at normal temperature.
- Rectangle with a circle and 3 points - drying at high temperatures, sometimes implying steam treatment of linen.
- A rectangle with a circle inside and a horizontal line under it indicates a delicate pressing (average number of revolutions of the centrifuge), as well as subsequent careful drying.
- A rectangle with a circle inside and 2 horizontal lines under it is characteristic of delicate fabrics that are pressed at a small number of revolutions and dried in a horizontal position (most often).
Among the labels related to cleaning, the study requires several items applicable to the domestic procedure: they mainly concern bleaching.
- A simple triangle is a symbol of permitted bleaching. No conditions and restrictions.
- The crossed triangle is a sign of the inadmissibility of bleaching, even local. In this case, chlorine can not be part of other cleaning products that are not declared as bleach.
- The triangle with the letters "Cl" inside - says that bleaching by chlorination should be done in cool water, and the tool (especially granular) should be diluted beforehand in a liquid, and only after that things should be put there.
- The same triangle with the letters "Cl", but crossed out - involves the use of bleach, which does not contain chlorine and its derivatives.
- A triangle with diagonal lines inside - also requires the absence of chlorine in the detergent, but only allows oxygen-based bleaching agents.
- The circle with the letter "A" inside is a symbol of the permitted cleaning by any chemical means, without restrictions.
- Circle with the letter "P" inside - cleaning should be carried out on the basis of tetrachlorethylene. Not to be confused with trichlorethylene, which is prohibited in this situation.
- A circle with the letter "F" inside - in the solvents that are used for these things, oil should be contained.
- A crossed circle with an inverted comma is a requirement for gentle cleaning, basically only “White Alcohol” is allowed, because the fabric is sensitive to the bulk of cleaning products.
How to remember the interpretation of symbols?
Firstly, even if the label is cut off, it must be stored within the limits of accessibility so that there is no incident during washing or ironing. In addition, experts advise to focus not only on the drawings left by the manufacturer on the label, but also on the type of fabric: this is the surest way to understand how to properly clean the thing. Silk (SE) and polyester (PL) require especially careful care, wool (WO) implies gentle washing and strong spin, nylon, chiffon, etc. it is better to wash by hand, but elastane, acrylic, knitwear, etc. survive the most common modes of washing, spinning and drying.
For most things, it is enough to know that the numbers on the label indicate the upper limit of the permissible water temperature, a horizontal line under any image - use caution when performing the procedure (and the more features, the softer the process should be). The rest of the nuances are peculiar mainly to complex fabrics, and here it is recommended to refer to the memo.