Unusual plant selaginella can safely settle down in your home, if only to create favorable conditions for its development. Looking at the photo of selaginella, you can confuse it with a fern. But it belongs to a group of more ancient plants - moss. The stalks are densely covered with thin green leaves that look so much like pine needles. Feels good in a humid climate and medium temperatures. How to monitor selaginella at home?
Types of room seaginella
Initially, there were about 700 varieties of this plant. Over time, they became smaller. As an indoor flower, only a few are grown.
- Selaginela jory has short, erect stems, compactly bundled. Thick growth of leaves resembles a gentle foam. Along the outer edge of the leaves have a light-golden shade, closer to the cutting - green.
- Selaginela Jericho rose, which is better known as selaginella cheshlelistnaya - a perennial plant with longer shoots, studded with small leaves. With insufficient air and soil moistening, the stems twist and twist, forming a ball. As soon as the moisture level stabilizes, the shoots are straightened. By the way, often this kind of flower is sold in the form of a dried lump, which comes to life after being lowered into the water.
- The footless seaginella doesn’t look particularly good in pots, as it grows in its natural environment, covering everything around with a green terry carpet. It has short stems with densely planted leaves. It is usually grown in covered greenhouses, botanical gardens. Grown as an ampel.
- Selaginella Martens grows to the size of a small bush with upright shoots. The peculiarity of this type of flower is the release of aerial roots from the shoots, which eventually disappear into the ground. The tips of the leaves are silvery white. A popular species of room flora.
- Of the bushy varieties also grown:
- Emmelya's selaginella - a small bush;
- Selaginella Vildenova - branched shoots, one-sided branched.
- From grassy (creeping, creeping):
- Kraus's selaginella - yellow-green leaves, carved along the edges;
- hooked - leaves have a greenish-blue tint;
- Swiss Selaginella - reminds a sod.
- Temperature. It is impossible to say that selaginella is thermophilic, but cold is also contraindicated. Favorable minimum - 12 degrees Celsius, maximum - 19-21 degrees.
- Humidity. Dry air, dry ground and drafts are the causes of frequent "diseases" of a plant. It should always keep the soil moist. Watering is better through the pan. Recommended daily air humidification, spraying leaves.
- Lighting. He feels great in the shade, as in natural conditions, it mainly creeps at the lowest tier of the tropical forest. Direct sunlight is contraindicated in plants.
- Soil and fertilizer. In the spring and summer, you need to add a special fertilizer to decorative leafy indoor plants once in 2 weeks. In order for seaginella rose irehona or seaginella Jori to feel good, a portion of fertilizer is needed 2 times less than for other types of indoor flora. The flower requires loose soil, 1/3 consisting of sand, 1/3 - peat land, 1/3 - sheet. Acidity - no more than 5-6 pH.
- Transplantation and reproduction. Transplantation recommended no more than 1 time in 2 years. A prerequisite is a drainage layer. With regard to breeding methods, it can be dividing the bush with roots or cutting method.
- Vases. Shallow, wide pots and vases, oblong pallets. Feels good in a special decorative aquarium for growing plants, where you can maintain a constant humidity.
Look at the photo of selaginella, you will definitely want to have such a beauty at home! Observing the rules of plant care, you will not experience any difficulties in the future. If you didn’t see, and the celiac selaginella twisted - just add water! Temperature, humidity, shade and lack of draft - in such conditions, your perennial indoor plant will not suffer.