Chicken eggs are present on the table of almost every housewife. Much has been written and told about their benefits, and the number of dishes in which eggs are an integral part is simply not to be counted.
But eggs are valuable not only for their protein and yolk, their shells are no less valuable and can be used with advantage when growing plants. The main use of the eggshell is its use for increasing the fertility of the land and, according to the acknowledgment of gardeners, it allows to significantly improve the composition of the acidic soil.
The benefits and composition of eggshell
- The composition of an egg shell differs in the following ratio: at 94% it consists of calcium carbonate, at 3% of organic matter, at 1% of phosphates and at 2% of magnesium carbonate. In addition, in the composition of the shell there are fats, carbohydrates, proteins and microadditives. These are the elements that are necessary for nutrition and plant development. They dilute the acidic soil prevailing in the Black Earth, which improves its structure.
- Excessive acidity of the soil affects the fertility of the land, reducing it and adversely affecting the productivity and development of most plants. Also, the egg shell has a crystalline structure, different from chalk and lime, due to which these pieces are perfectly absorbed by the soil as a lime fertilizer, deoxidizing and microelement additive. To make the effect of it as good as possible, it is best to crush it before use and use it together with mineral fertilizers.
- These fertilizers help to increase the acidity of the soil, which negatively affects its composition, and finely chopped shells, representing pure calcium, can eliminate these undesirable consequences, increasing the efficiency of fertilizers.
Eggshell in the garden
- For growing seedlings, dry egg shells from 5 eggs should be put in a jar and tamped. It can grind and electric mincing machine. Then pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave for 5 days. At the same time it is necessary to stir. Such a mixture can be watered eggplant seedlings, indoor flowers, peppers, beets and roses.
- Pounded shells can be used as drainage for seedlings.
- Egg flour, obtained after passing the shell through a coffee grinder, experienced gardeners are advised to add to the wells before planting seedlings. Large pieces are usually used when digging the garden. At 1 m2 Land can add shells from 100 eggs.
- When introducing it into the soil should be aware of the measure, since it decomposes very slowly. In large quantities, it will negatively affect the growth of seedlings of pepper, tomatoes and eggplants. In any case, as a fertilizer, eggshell is only suitable for adult plants.
- It is best to apply it as a fertilizer for those varieties that usually lack microfertilizers. A very finely chopped eggshell, poured with boiling water, for feeding cauliflower, if you bring it into the hole when planting seedlings.
How to use egg shells? Feeding eggshell
Eggshell can be used instead of pots for growing seedlings. To do this, take two halves of a clean eggshell and drain holes in the lower part of the needle. Each of them put in cardboard packaging and fill with fertile soil. Put the seeds of flowers or vegetables there and sprinkle with earth. The nutrients that make up it will help the seedlings to grow faster. At that moment, when the seedlings grow up, crush the shells and plant the seedlings together with them into the ground, which at the same time replenishes the amount of nutrients in it. Such powder will help protect the seedlings from the black leg.
Ground shells can be successfully used for indoor plants, flooding it with water before this and leaving it to infuse for several days, watering them for 1 p. in Week. Before use, it must be washed, dried and crushed.-
In order to improve the composition of the soil, egg shells should be introduced into the soil in the proportion of 2 glasses per 1 m.2. This method is excellent at planting cucumbers, potatoes and tomatoes, which do not like excessively acidic soil. With it you can scare away such pests as slugs, it is enough to scatter crushed shells in the garden or in the garden next to the plants.
For gardeners it is very important to closely monitor and care for the land and planting, as this is the key to a future good harvest and environmentally friendly products. Therefore, plants must be provided with mineral fertilizers and various supplements that promote their growth and full development of ovaries and fruits.
Top dressing with eggshell refers to the most simple and affordable ways to improve the nutrition of growing plants and cope with the increased acidity of the soil.