Ribbon lace is used for the manufacture of many products. Tablecloths and napkins, rugs and clothes are made from it. Very beautiful and simple in the execution of the dresses are made of ribbon lace. Different schemes can be combined and get unique, unique things.
Also, such crocheted lace is suitable for the manufacture of blouses and light jackets or the decoration of stitched and finished products. You can make different accessories from lace strips, for example, belts and purses.
Ribbon lace: a master class to perform a simple motive
Ribbon lace is made in the form of a strip, the length of which should be equal to the length of the product that you want to tie. The width will depend on the chosen pattern for the lace and the thickness of the thread. When several ribbon patterns are completed, they are fastened together. The basis of this knitting technique is laid, in most cases, round openwork motifs that are attached to the finished petal at one point or several. It is very important when working with ribbon lace as rarely as possible to replace the thread.
You will need:
- Any thin thread, which is dominated by cotton. Well-suited marserized cotton thread type "Iris"
- Crochet hook №1
- There are symbols on the lace scheme, which can be decoded in the following way:
- Point - air loop.
- Big letter T - single crochet column
- Plus "+" - connecting column.
Description of the scheme in stages:
- First, perform 7 air loops and merge them into a circle.
- 1 row will contain 3 air loops for lifting, 14 posts with 1 double bow.
- To perform the 2nd row, make 3 lift air loops, 1 according to the scheme, and then 1 double crochet into each same double crochet from the previous row and 1 air loop. In the end, you should get 15 columns with 1 air loop to each.
- 3 row opens with 3 air loops and 1 crochet column, it turns out a loop. Then make 3 more loops and 5 columns. Knit a connecting column in a loop after 3 columns with 1 double crochet. Thus it turns out 1 petal. Perform 5 more such elements and proceed to the following.
- Make 7 air loops and 1 connecting column in the last loop of the previous row.
- 4 row crochet as 1, but follow 13 crochets with 1 nakida, 1 connecting in 5 petal from the 1st element of the pattern.
- 5 row make as 2, but you need to get 14 columns with 1 double crochet.
- 6 row will be identical 3.
- This completes the execution of 2 elements of the lace pattern. Repeat the remaining rows from 4 to 6.
Such lace can be used to create a large tablecloth. A dress, a light coat or a jacket can be easily and easily tied out of it.
Model evening dress with a scheme of knitting
An example of a luxurious evening dress of ribbon lace with wedges. The dress described is designed for a size of 44-46, wedges must be added to reduce or increase it, and in the upper part there should be side panels or another 1 ribbon of lace. An elegant dress is decorated with black glass beads, but you can also use beads or beads.
- 700 g of black yarn, it is desirable that its composition was 100% viscose, per 100 g accounted for 500 m
- Hook number 1
- Black glass beads or beads
- Thin needle and black sewing thread
- Contrast fabric for the lining.
Before you start knitting, build a pattern of details of the dress in full size, considering its size.
Make a small sample of the ribbon from the patterns, referring to scheme No. 20 and check whether it corresponds to the dimensions shown in figure 20. If you need to increase or decrease the width of the strip, change the hook to a thicker or thinner one.
In order to not deform the ribbons with each other, you need to make another 1 pattern of the pattern and use it to determine the stitching points of the adjacent ribbons. It is recommended to arrange the strips to each other asymmetrical sides, that is, in mirror image.
There are 2 ways to connect patterns: using quilt-free columns or by simple needle stitching.
- To begin with, tie a belt, the height of which should be 3-4 cm. To make it, make a chain of air loops, and its length should fit your size. Chain into a ring and in a circle follow 5-6 rows consisting of 1 crochet columns. The hinges for lifting must be strictly at the level of the side seam.
- Then you should tie the top of the dress. The belt is divided into sections for 2 details of the bodice and a pair of details of the back. Mark their borders with colored threads. Knit from the upper edge of the belt 1 ribbon of 13 semi-motives for each of the details of the bodice. Tie each detail of the bodice from the inside with a strip of fillet net. On the outside, trim the sides with a grid, following the pattern 20 a. Due to the sections of the grid, you can increase or decrease the width of the bodice, it is very convenient and simple.
- Details of the back consist of 2 ribbons each. To perform them, tie 4 identical ribbons, each of which will consist of 13 semi-motives. Sew 2 ribbons together and trim the sides with a thin strip of fillet net. Focus on the scheme 20 b. Sew the seams on the shoulders and sides carefully.
- The next stage is the making of a skirt from semi-motif bands and wedges made with a fillet net. The skirt will consist of 9 lace bands, to reduce the size, you can remove one, and to increase add, the number of wedges also change. First of all, you need to divide the belt into 9 identical sections and mark their borders with stitches of colored threads. Vyazyvayte each strip of patterns separately. Start knitting from the belt, adjacent ribbons at the same time should be placed in a mirror image from each other.
- Tie the finished lace ribbons from the long sides with 1 row of single crochets, and then connect them with each other, following the scheme 20. The connection algorithm is quite simple. Attach a thread to the air loop of 1 strip and 2 air loops, make 1 column with 1 nakida in the extreme air loop from the chain on 2 strip and make another 2 air loops. Make 2 air loops again, make a single crochet to the double crochet with 2 stripes, then double crochet to the 1 crochet post from 1 strip, and then again 2 air loops. Tie a single crochet column into a column of 1 strip of lace, then a column with 1 nakida in a column of 2 stripes and 2 air loops symmetrical to it. Repeat this way to join the stripes until you tie them together for a length of 23 cm. Then the wedges go.
- Now you need to start forming wedges for the bottom of the dress. This will help the scheme 20. Netting is simple, the main thing is not to forget to make extensions in time. It must be expanded every 6 rows until the number of square cells reaches 14 pcs. Then you need to knit without extending the wedge to the very end of the strip of lace lace.
- The finished dress should be decorated with glass beads or beads. It is sewn tightly with ordinary sewing thread. The pad can be made of any material in a simple cut.
Ribbon lace crochet is not difficult to knit, the main thing is to be patient and find good patterns of the finished product. Most importantly, understand the general principle of operation. In this case, you can modify any model to your liking.