Under natural conditions, Kolumnia is a favorite flower of hummingbirds. Columnia is a plant difficult enough to grow. With the wrong care, it will not die, but it will stop blooming and even shed its leaves. This peculiar whim suggests that Columnia does not see proper attention to his person. She needs to be "cherished" and then she will feel great again.
If you have never grown columnay, then first choose the lightest species. The most common is columney with dark green leaves and red-yellow flowers. Do not buy plants with pubescent leaves at once. With a lack of skills to care for such a plant, it can live with you for long.
Columney refers to the decorative flowering houseplants, and according to some sources and signs also to the decorative leaf. There are many types of columney. The leaves are of different sizes, but usually they are small and are located on long stems. Stems can reach a length of one and a half meters (small leaves). Stems can be creeping, upright (columney fine) or semi-upright. The flowers are usually red with yellow, orange, tubular. Now there are hybrids with pink flowers, salmon. For growing in indoor conditions it is better to choose hybrid varieties of Columnia. They are more resistant and less whimsical in care.
Types of kolumnei
- Columney sharp- easy enough to grow a view. The leaves are pointed at the ends. Hence the name. In early spring, bright orange flowers of large sizes appear. After flowering white berries are formed.
- Columney Erythrophy- one of the easiest to care for and the most elegant types. This is an ampelous plant. The flowers are large orange in color. Meters (small leaves) are x sizes and are located on long stems. .
- Columney Shideana- sprawling plant with long leaves. The flowers are arranged horizontally, covered with hairs. The color of the flowers is yellow with oblong reddish-brown spots. There are varieties of this species with pure yellow flowers.
- Columney Cruenta. The underside of the leaves is maroon, with green veins. This species received in America in the last century an award for its decorative foliage.
Columney location in the house
It is good to place Columnay in hanging basket or pots. Her drooping shoots will look good if they are allowed to hang beautifully.
Western and eastern windows of the living room, bedroom, and nursery will suit her. On the south windows it should be shaded from the scorching sun.-
Columney loves good humidity of air and soil, good lighting and warmth. It does not make drafts. Do not expose it to the open air.
- Lighting. Columney prefers bright diffused sunlight.
- Temperature moderate, not lower than 12 ° С during the cold season.
- Air humidity high required. The plant likes frequent spraying of leaves.
- Watering plentiful, moderate in winter. Be sure to use soft water for watering. Hard tap water can cause leaves and flowers to fall off. Because of this, the plant may not bloom at all.
- Breeds columney after flowering stem cuttings. It is good to use phytohormones for rooting new small plants.
- Transplanted spring through spring.
- Every autumn and spring Columney must be fed. After flowering shoots of the plant should be pruned.
Pests and diseases columney
Quite rarely kolumneya affected pests. It is only important to follow the rules of care for this whimsical beauty and not to overwet the soil. Because the roots can rot.
Columney, though whimsical in care, is extraordinarily beautiful. You will surely surprise your guests with the presence of such an exotic beauty in your home.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot