Carnation in Latin means flower of Zeus, or divine flower. The genus Carnation today is represented by about three hundred species. The most common and favorite flower growers are Turkish carnation, bush carnation, and Chinese carnation. Caring for cloves is not complicated. Many love her for simplicity, long flowering, as well as very beautiful flowers.
Chinese carnation description
Carnation Chinese - perennial plant. Grown as an annual (one year). This is a very compact plant. In height reaches from twenty to forty centimeters. Chinese carnation shoots are thick, spreading, sometimes strongly branching. Leaves are linear, alternate. The flowers are bright, varied in color: red, white, pink, two-colored. The flowers of Chinese carnation do not smell, they can be both simple and double.
Chinese Clove Varieties
Chinese carnation varieties recently abound. Choose, as they say, that you like. However, the best varieties are designed to:
- Fire ball- reaches a height of up to thirty centimeters, dark scarlet flowers, terry;
- Diamond- reaches a height of up to thirty centimeters, the flowers are purple-red, very bright;
- Hybrid white- reaches a height of up to thirty centimeters, white flowers, non-double;
- Laciniatus Snow Globe- reaches a height of up to thirty centimeters, white flowers, terry;
- Laciniatus Terry Lucifer- reaches a height of up to twenty centimeters, flowers of orange-scarlet color, terry.
Growing Chinese Clove
- Carnation Chinese - light-loving plant. Therefore, choose for her a lighted, sunny place in the garden.
- Chinese carnation does not like waterlogging and drought. Watering should be moderately abundant.
- Land plant loves loose, nutritious. Well proizvestkovat land before planting cloves Chinese.
- Propagated by seed. They are planted in the spring, as soon as possible. If the seedlings are planted at home, they do it in March. If the seeds are planted in an open ground at a permanent place, then they do it at the beginning of May. In the summer the carnation begins to bloom. The flowering period lasts for three months (all summer), sometimes it can even stretch to September.
- Feed the Chinese carnage during the growing season twice. The first feeding is done immediately after planting seedlings (or young plants grown from seeds planted directly in the ground). The second landing should be at the budding stage. A flowering plant is not necessary to feed. As a top dressing the complex of mineral fertilizers for plants will be suitable.
- The carnation must also be trimmed. It is better to do this at the end of July, because in August there is a weakening of the blooming of Chinese carnation. Timely pruning will help prevent this.
Chinese pests and diseases of cloves
For information on what pests and diseases can infect Chinese carnations, read the article "Bush carnation".-
Use cloves chinese
Chinese carnation is used to decorate and revitalize the estate. It is great for flower beds and borders, combined with other colors.
The carnation is added when making complex bouquets; the bouquet of carnations alone looks great.
In addition to decorating the garden and cutting into bouquets, carnation is also grown on the balconies, and in indoor conditions as a home plant. In the flower shops you can find a small clove in a pot. But not necessarily to buy it. If you want to grow carnations indoors, plant better seeds. At home, the carnation needs light, a moderately abundant watering and the temperature is no higher than twenty degrees (the carnation Chinese likes to be cool).