Calibrachoa is a flower that appeared in flowerbeds relatively recently, but in a short time it gained incredible popularity. Its main advantage is hanging and twisting stems, which allow growing the plant not only in flowerbeds and rock gardens, but also in hanging pots and drawers.
Some compare Calibrachoa with Petunia, but this flower has stronger and more resilient stems, as well as small leaves and small flowers. Most often they resemble bells, such as petunia, but at the present time breeders managed to bring terry varieties that differ in their appearance from simple specimens, although they are not so lush.
As for the color of flowers, its natural color is purple, but at the present time there are pink, red, white and other flowers. The following describes how to care for calibrahoa. Photos, cultivation, as well as other features of the plant are presented in this article.
Features of cultivation from seeds of calicrachos
First, this plant was grown by grafting. But now this process is largely simplified, since you can get gorgeous flowers from seeds.
As practice shows, it is better to grow seeds in a special peat tablet. It is necessary to soak in boiling water and wait until it cools. Next, spread out on the surface of the seeds caliberhoa.
In order for them to slip faster, the temperature in the room should be the same, the best option is +18 degrees. If there is a greenhouse on the farm, the first shoots will appear even faster, in about a week.
After that, it is necessary to gradually accustom the sprouts to the open air, for this, from time to time, to ventilate the room or the greenhouse. During the period of active growth sprinkle with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. When the first leaves appear, they should be fertilized with vitamin B12, which is sold in a pharmacy. 1 ampoule of vitamin must be dissolved in 1 tbsp. water and make watering.
When the roots germinate through the peat tablet, they must be cut off and sent to the cups. Pin the top without fail. When the threat of frost has passed, you can plant seedlings in the ground at a short distance from each other. Water as needed.
Planting and care. What points should pay attention to?
The Calibrachoa cablum mix is a relatively unpretentious plant, but you need to know some of the details of planting and care. Landing is necessary to make or in the middle of January, or in February. If these are large varieties, then the optimal time for planting is the end of February or the beginning of March.
- The plant is very fond of feeding, so mineral fertilizers should be applied at least once a week. Often, growers notice a deterioration in plant growth, so it is necessary to make a special growth stimulator.
- It is recommended to plant a flower on those beds that have sandy and loamy soils. The earth should be loose. This can be achieved with the help of humus and compost.
- If the plant is planted in hanging baskets or hanging boxes, care must be taken that the soil in the tank is nutritious and includes peat, humus, as well as sand and leaf soil. In addition, it is desirable to add perlite and hydrogel. If the mixture has a high acidity, it must be lime. At the bottom of the box and the container must be placed a layer of drainage - about 5 cm. They can act gravel or expanded clay.
- Throughout the summer, you need to monitor the growth and flowering caliber. If they have slowed down as a result of bad weather, the plant should be treated with special growth stimulants, they are available in flower shops.
Features of care:
As for the care of the plant, it is not very complicated. The main thing to remember is that Calibrachoa needs a lot of light, so it should be grown only in open places where the sun's rays fall all day. If you follow this rule, the bushes will be lush, beautiful and bright.
In flowerpots, calibrachoa is most in harmony with fuchsia, balsamic and sweet peas, and in hanging pots - with ivy, verbena, greenfinch, and other ampelous plants.
- Calibrahoa water is needed quite often. In addition, from time to time it needs to be sprayed. If the summer is very hot and dry, then the plant needs watering 3 times a day. Watering should be very carefully, under the root, so that the flowers in any case not be damaged.
- It is worth noting the fact that flight prolonged rains are very dangerous for the plant, since they simply tear apart the delicate petals of caliberra. As a result, the flowers do not look so attractive. If it rains for a long time, the plant ceases to bloom completely. The plant, flowering in hanging pots, must be transferred to the shelter.
- In addition to large rains, the flower is heavily tolerated by strong wind and draft, therefore it must be protected from bad weather.
- Of course, all flower growers want the calrachoa to bloom all the time. Therefore, if the flowers begin to wilt, they should be picked to prevent the appearance of seeds on them. In late summer, as a rule, flowering becomes weaker, so you can prune the stems. These manipulations will contribute to the development of new kidneys.
If you break the rules relating to the care of a plant, then it can get sick. For example, if it is very dense to sow flowers, then they may have such a disease as a black leg. Its causative agent is a fungus that lives in the soil. You can get rid of it with the help of a sulfur preparation.
In some cases, gray rot appears on the flowers. It will not pass itself, it is also necessary to use special means.
In conclusion, it should be added that the calicrachoa, the planting and departure of which is not too complicated, is not an annual plant. If you cover it for the winter, like a peony, then next year the calicrachoa will continue to delight its owners with its lush flowering.