Among the things necessary for the future mother, things necessarily appear for her discharge from the hospital, and the most important are those in which the newborn can be wrapped. Some of them can always be sewn independently: for example, an envelope, which is also called a transforming blanket. This is a complete clothing for the baby, and a blanket in the crib, and even a rug for games.
Transformer blanket with your hands: tailoring features
There are almost no difficulties in tailoring an envelope, so even an aspiring skilled worker familiar only with basic seams can cope with it. Depending on what time of year the transforming blanket is oriented, the fabric is selected for it. In winter, it is necessary to use dense synthetic winterizer and fleece, in the fall you can get by with less warm materials. Some women did so that the pad could be removed and changed, which allowed the use of a transforming blanket at any time of the year, without making several different options. That is, its base was similar to a simple warmed duvet cover, into which any blanket is already inserted - very warm for the winter and easier for autumn and spring.
On the basis for the envelope leaves 2 cloths, and also used the 3rd, which can be both stationary and removable. This point can be solved later, when connecting all parts of the future product. Regardless, the fabric for the base is selected first. The inner one should be pleasant to the touch to the baby, therefore, cotton is often used as the most natural and non-allergenic material, or soft fleece. External - with the skin of the baby will not touch, but always has contact with the environment, so it should not be a brand: for example, raincoat. Each of these fabrics is taken in sizes of 1 per 1 m or slightly more.
As for the intermediate insulating layer, here the synthetic winterizer, taken on the same size, is used. Some women like to change the weatherization, so they put a sheepskin blanket or 1-2 layers of batting in an envelope. You can act in accordance with the same principle: then the choice of internal material will be postponed to a later date. In addition, you will need to prepare a standard detachable zipper with a length of 0.5 m or a little longer, the classic non-detachable short zipper (0.2-0.3 m), as well as a thin linen gum, which is used for the pocket (0.5-0 , 6 m) and a slanting inlay length of 1 m.
Blanket-transformer for a newborn: master class
- Starting step - the creation of patterns. It can be done directly on the fabric, since there will be no complex shapes and constructions: this is a classic almost square with sides of 0.9 m and 0.85 m, respectively. These parameters are the same for all 3 fabrics: 2 basic and 1st removable. No allowances for the seams are made, which can "get lost" 1-1.5 cm will not reduce the finished product significantly.
- But there are several features when cutting out a pocket: in spite of the fact that it looks rectangular, its initial shape is a trapezium with a slight rounding at the corners from a wide base. That is, a smaller base is obtained with a width of 45 cm, a larger one — 50 cm, of which the lateral 2.5 cm on each side sinks down slightly. The height of the pocket is always the same - 25 cm, the sides retain this value. This form was chosen because a gum will be put on a long base, which shortens it a little, and if you make the pocket initially rectangular, it will be deformed. It is required to cut out a pocket only from 2 fabrics, without affecting a heater.
- Now, the cut parts of the pocket are superimposed on each other by the front sides and sewn only along their long side, after which they are turned over and otglazhivayutsya. Then you need to make a new seam, which is carried out already on the front area and just shows the border of the created "drawstring". It is located at a distance of the gum width from the upper long edge of the pocket with a small margin. That is, if the gum is 1 cm wide, the drawstring should be made 1.2 cm wide so that the gum can freely walk along it.
- When the seam is done, the gum, with the help of a pin hooked to it, needs to be stretched through the drawstring, leaving the edges on each side to look 2-2.5 cm. In this state, it is caught on the sides, and the sides are closed: a little cleaned up. After this, it will only be necessary to put a slanting tape on the pocket along the perimeter, fix it with tailor's pins and sew. Pocket for blanket-transformer is almost ready.
- An important nuance concerns the moment of stitching a pocket to the product: after inserting an elastic, it turns out that the sides of the pocket look semicircular. However, it is still necessary to sew in a straight line, so as not to reduce the volume of the pocket, which will later come in handy when it is turned out to close the baby’s legs. Therefore, on the fabric should outline the smooth lines to which the edges of the pocket are gently applied, and then sewn. The bottom edge should lie flat, almost matching the bottom line of the envelope itself. Everything is exactly according to the pattern-instructions.
Transforming blanket on the statement for the winter: adding insulation
At the stage of the instruction and sewing in the zippers, it is already necessary to decide which insulation will be placed between the layers of the base material, and whether it will be movable. If not, the number of zippers remains unchanged, and you can work using standard technology. If you are going with the advent of heat to facilitate a transforming blanket for your baby, pulling out an extra layer and replacing it with a thinner one, you will need to make an extra long side zipper, by analogy with any duvet cover.
According to the classical algorithm, lightning is distributed as follows: short - by 20 cm, placed on top, stretching to the side of the center. The long split is divided, and its parts are placed at the edges. It is important not to confuse with the direction in which they are sewn. First, lightnings start up between the main layers of fabrics so that in any of their versions the transforming blanket looks attractive. Secondly, a short zipper must be laid so that the open teeth look inside the envelope, and not out, otherwise it will not work to fasten. The dog is oriented "face" on the main fabric, and the tail of the lightning sticks out outside the envelope. With the side split zipper the same: the length of it departs from the very bottom of the transformer blanket and rises approximately to its middle.
At the final stage, all layers of fabric are sewn together, it is recommended to start from the bottom edge, where the pocket is located, gradually moving from the center to the edges and upwards. It is necessary to pin all the zones with pins, since otherwise the fabric will necessarily “go” when sewing, and everything can slant. 10-15 cm is not brought to the inner edge, so that a blanket can be turned out through this technological hole. Subsequently, it will be closed by a standard flush seam manually.
Sew an envelope on the statement is quite simple, except for the fact that a lot of questions can cause a vtachka zipper and the subsequent transformation of the blanket. However, the process takes only one free evening. And if you want to warm the product, you can always insert a more dense blanket inside if you make a hole for this in advance.