An apron is the most necessary and practical clothing in the kitchen. Its main task is to protect from grease stains, dirt and high temperatures. In some nationalities, an apron is an important decorative element. More recently, this kitchen attribute is almost out of fashion, but today it is gaining popularity again.
How to sew an apron: tips
Skilled craftsmen claim that it is necessary to learn to sew from an apron, because this product is not difficult. The simplest model consists of the lightest parts that need only be stitched together in the correct sequence, and then carefully trim the edges.
In general, there are 2 types of protective kitchen clothes, namely: an apron and an apron, and the first one is even easier to sew than the second one. The apron is a rectangle to which the belt is sewn, by the way, it does not have to have a bib, that is, the upper part. Of course, it is better to start learning the basics of sewing aprons from the lightest models, but after all, every hostess wants to make a beautiful and unique product.
Before you proceed directly to sewing clothes, you should choose a suitable fabric, but you must comply with certain conditions:
- The kitchen is the place where clothes can be soiled the most, so the apron must protect the basic outfit from grease, dirt and stains. It will be necessary to erase it often, and stains from it can be removed quite hard, therefore, it is better to choose a fabric that is durable and easy to clean, as well as one that can withstand the effects of various cleaning chemicals;
- Coloring can be chosen based on personal preferences. An interesting option would be to find the material for the overall color and style of the kitchen, and vice versa: so that the color contrasts with the overall situation
- On monochrome fabric stains will be more noticeable than on color. Therefore, even a dirty apron, made of colored matter, will look neater monotonous. But this does not mean that it can be washed much less often;
- Psychologists have long proved that different colors affect a person in a special way. Red, for example, like its shades, uplifting and increasing appetite, therefore red aprons, and not only solid ones, are very popular among women. In addition, this color goes to many ladies.
Pattern apron: diagrams and description
Pattern apron consists of the following steps:
- Removal of the size of the person on whom the clothes will be sewn;
- Drawing up a schematic drawing of the future finished product;
- Drawing drawing patterns, while it is necessary to take into account the size. You can simply copy the model that more than others liked from the finished application with patterns that are easy to find in sewing magazines;
- After the drawing is transferred to the fabric, it is necessary to take into account all the seam allowances so that the material consumption is the most rational;
- If all the conditions have been met, then you can start cutting the fabric itself.
Before you begin to cut the material, you need to check the correctness of the transfer of all the contours of the drawing, and not to forget about the direction of the fractional threads of the picture. To carve out miscellaneous elements, i.e., left and right, you will need to make either 2 patterns in mirror form, or turn 1 of them upside down in such a way that the correct details are obtained from the fabric. If you do not do this, you can get 2 right or left parts of the pattern.
According to such an intricate pattern, you can sew a wedge-shaped apron without any special efforts, besides this, you can decorate it with braid, lace or other needlework elements. (Diagram 1)
You can sew an apron of other models on such a pattern (Scheme 2)
In many old newspapers and magazines for cutting and sewing it is said that the shape of an apron can be any, but the pockets must be present. Nowadays, most models of this home wear are not without this element. But in fact - the pockets on the apron are not required, everything will depend on the preferences of the hostess.
After the fabric is cut, we can assume that the most difficult is over. Now it will be necessary to sweep away all the details, stitch them on a machine along the rough seam and that's it — the kitchen apron is ready with your own hands!
Some say that in order for household chores to go smoothly, you need to dress comfortably and beautifully. Women, as keepers of the hearth, spend every day a huge part of their time in the kitchen, but even there the lady remains a lady, she wants to look attractive and beautiful. If you know how to sew well or crochet or knit, you can try to tie yourself an elegant lace apron.
If there are children in the house, then you can also make aprons or aprons for them. For girl-
Such a product can be made from her old denim skirt or overalls.
Thus, they will be more interesting to do household chores.
Kitchen aprons: photo
Kitchen aprons: ideas for sewing
The apron is an indispensable element of kitchen clothes, because it saves from dirt and heat from the stove or oven. Sew it easy. You can make an original model that you will like based on the basic patterns of the classic aprons.