You can meet the wild-growing albition on the Black Sea coast and in the Crimea. Vacationers sometimes call this tree mimosa for white, red or pink staminate threads, which do resemble flowers in structure. However, in fact, albition is a tropical or silk-haired one. Its homeland is Lankaran lowland.
It is a tall deciduous tree (up to 12 meters high) with a spreading crown. The leaves of albition are openwork, consisting of many small lobes, but the flowers have the greatest decorative effect.
Lankaran acacia is best adapted for life in a dry and warm climate. The tree can survive a drop in temperature, but not below -10 ° C.
Albition is very light-loving, it never grows in the shade of other plants. Blossom begins in late May - mid June, i.e. late enough, but flowering is usually very long and abundant. The tree can delight with its flowering view until September or even October, the duration of flowering depends on the weather. The leaves fall late, around the end of November - early December.
The holidaymakers in Crimea often have a desire to grow such a tree in their own garden. This is a realistic wish: in a temperate climate, the Lankaran acacia may well grow, the vegetative period will simply shorten somewhat. You can also grow this tree at home in a large pot, the main thing is to monitor the growth and regularly prune the crown.
Propagation of albition
It is possible to propagate the albition in many ways: with seeds, and cuttings, and root shoots, and even with the help of vaccination.
The easiest way of reproduction is to separate the root growth. But the plant must also be at rest.
You can try sprouting albition from the seed. Experts advise that before planting it is imperative to carry out the "hot" stratification of seeds. To do this, they are placed in hot (but not more than 60 ° C) water for 5-6 hours. In the first year of life, seedlings can grow rather slowly (up to 20 cm), but it is not advisable to feed them, because a high concentration of fertilizer in the soil can harm the roots of young plants. In addition, nitrogen fertilizers (if you overdo them a little) can affect the growing season and the rate of "aging" of the bark. Therefore, trees can remain poorly protected for the winter and in case of severe frosts they will suffer or die at all. It is possible to feed up seedlings of an albition not earlier than from the second year of life.
Silk acacia propagation can be practiced using cuttings. For this purpose, cuttings with 2-3 buds are cut from the middle of the woody shoots. They are treated with rooting stimulants and planted in loose fertile soil.
Features care for silk acacia
If you decide to grow ambition indoors, remember a few rules:
- This is a light-loving plant, but it must be protected from direct sunlight.
- The air temperature during the growing season should be in the range of 20-25 ° C, in winter - about 8-10 ° C.
- In the warm season, the plant must be taken out into the fresh air.
- During the flowering of albition, abundant watering with separated water is necessary. In winter, watering should be limited, but do not allow the earthen clod to dry out.
- Feed the plant should be at the time of flowering complex mineral fertilizers.
- Pruning of the crown should be carried out after flowering.
- The optimal substrate for tropical acacia is a mixture of peat and sod-leaf earth, with the addition of sand (1: 2: 1).
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com - Olga