Human health is directly dependent on the cleanliness of the air in the rooms in which he has been in for a long time. However, in the modern metropolis it is impossible to achieve it in natural conditions. Therefore, citizens actively use air ionizer. The benefits or harms of such a device are ambiguous and not always clear to consumers. Do ionizers need those who care about their bodies and the well-being of the people around them?
What is the secret of air that is easy to breathe? It's all about the balance of aeroions. These are the smallest compounds of oxygen atoms that carry a positive or negative charge. In the oxygen of open areas, these particles are contained in the required amount, which is why it is easier to breathe in the forest or at sea. If there are not enough air ions in the air, a person begins to increase the secretion of hormones, which provokes sleep disturbances, increased fatigue, nervousness, etc. What do the residents of the city? To solve this problem a special device is used - air ionizer.
What is it - the ionizer, the principle of its action
Often consumers have a question: what is an ionizer? It is a device that saturates the air with negative air ions of nitrogen and oxygen. The content of the latter in the air of living rooms is reduced by 10-15%. This is a very high figure. The importance of the presence of negative ions is that they are associated with harmful impurities in the surrounding air environment and precipitate them. At the same time, positive activates the exchange of gases in the human lung by 10% due to the balance in the work of red blood cells. Ionizers of the latest generation are equipped with UV lamps, which kill harmful microbes. Some models of devices are refined by flavors.
Permanent stay in rooms with ionized air:
- improves performance;
- stabilizes sleep;
- treats depression;
- favorably affects the immune system;
- speeds up the metabolism;
- reduces the effect of toxic plastics (linoleum, plaster) on the human body;
- neutralizes harmful molecules that accumulate near computers and televisions (the radiation of these devices absorbs negative air ions and inhibits the immune and nervous systems);
- makes many viral pathogens safe.
Harm of use in ionizer rooms
The use of the device, ionizing air, in addition to unconditional benefits, can also cause a number of negative consequences:
- increased static electricity. Due to the operation of the ionizer in dry rooms without proper wetting, a current is formed due to the contact of air ions with people or metals;
- excess of heavy air ions. Particles, attaching to themselves the impurities of air, are deposited on the surrounding objects in the form of dust. And, if the room is not ventilated, heavy air ions end up in the lungs;
- the viruses that are in the room with the ionizer will also join negatively charged ions. As a result, the risk of infection increases;
- worsening of depressive states - due to sudden hormonal changes.
So, you decided to purchase an air ionizer. The harm or benefit of using the device will also depend on whether you follow the precautions. And they are:
- in the functions of the ionizer should not be ozone production. To do this, there is an ozonizer, which will be discussed later;
- It is necessary to select an ionizer for the dimensions of the room, so that the radius of action allows producing a sufficient amount of ions. For an average flat this indicator is 400 ions per cubic centimeter;
- it is better to opt for a model of active ionizer - equipped with a fan, which enhances the diffusion functions of the device;
- regularly carry out wet cleaning around the ionizer, as it is a place of increased accumulation of dust;
- the device can be used at a distance of at least 1 m from a person;
- Do not leave the ionizer in working condition for a long time (especially at night): this will lead to a glut of air ions and accumulation of dust.
When is the ionizer banned?
There are a number of cases where the use of an ionizer is contraindicated:
- after myocardial infarction;
- in chronic diseases that affect the nervous system;
- pneumonia, pulmonary diseases;
- if there are people in the room who suffer from severe headaches, malfunctions in the cerebral circulation;
- with arthritis of rheumatoid nature;
- people with oncological tumors;
- in the room where the infant lives. Saturate the air with negative aeroions only if children have reached the age of 3 years.
How to choose an ionizer?
There are 2 types of devices according to the type of produced ions: bipolar and unipolar. For large rooms in which there are a lot of people, but not so many technical devices, it is better to use bipolar. Their cost is much higher than unipolar. The latter, in turn, are advisable in rooms with a large number of equipment. An artificial increase in the concentration of positive ions is useless here.
Also, when choosing an ionizer, it is important to consider its main purpose. For example, the ionizer cleaner will remove dust and bacteria; humidifier - to maintain the optimum humidity, etc. You need to carefully read all the technical specifications and select the best option for a particular room.
Air ionizer: reviews
Opinions about the device, generating negative air ions, diverge. Some do not see much change in the air. Others note a noticeable improvement in health, as well as talking about a "lighter" air, freshness, and a comfortable level of humidity (with an additional function of moisture).
With all the huge choice of models, consumers in their comments on ionizers celebrate Chizhevsky's chandelier. Despite a number of cautions (a ban on staying in a room with a working device, switching on only for 5-7 minutes, moving the device around the room to extend the range), the effect of using this unipolar ionizer is noticeable in apartments and public spaces.
What is an air ozonizer?
One of the major drawbacks of the Chizhevsky chandelier is the experts call increased ozone emission. This gas is very poisonous, however, it is necessary to purify the air and make it clean and fresh. Moreover, there is a special device, an ozonizing air, an ozonizer. The harm or use of the device to consumers is also not known to the end.
The main useful properties are:
- detrimental effects on viruses, microbes, bacteria, unicellular parasites;
- splitting of excess iron impurities in the air;
- air deodorization.
The harmful properties of the ozonizer are associated with an excess of ozone in the air of the room:
- cutting pain in the eyes;
- sore throat;
- migraine with nausea;
- depression of the nervous system;
- failure of the lungs due to intermittent breathing.
After working ozonizer (within 20-30 minutes) the room needs to be ventilated.
When purchasing appliances that improve indoor air quality, it should be understood that they are both useful and harmful at the same time - it all depends on the conditions of use. As for the ionizer, it is very important to choose the right model, whose characteristics will correspond to residential or public premises. In this case, the effect of the action of the ionizer will be most beneficial for the body.