Food is associated with the majority of people with pleasure, health, strength. However, there are situations when meals end in discomfort. Nausea after eating, the causes of which can be associated with both exposure to external factors and health problems, should not be overlooked.
Why sick after eating?
The most common causes of nausea after eating are diseases of internal organs and disruption of the body systems.
- Diseases of the digestive system: gastritis, gastroduodenitis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and intestines. Nausea is accompanied by pain in the epigastric region, belching, and heaviness in the abdomen;
- Cholecystitis - inflammation of the gallbladder, gallstone disease;
- Pancreatitis - inflammation in the pancreas;
- Intestinal infection, provoking nausea and vomiting after eating. It is accompanied by diarrhea, loose stools, fever, sweating, weakness, thirst;
- Thyroid problems are manifested by nausea after eating;
- Disorders in the cardiovascular system, the threat of a heart attack, accompanied by weakness, pallor, feeling of suffocation;
- Headaches, migraines;
- Hypertensive crisis, a sharp increase in blood pressure. Headache, weakness;
- Infection with parasites.
Why sick after eating, the cause of the pathological condition will help determine the doctor-gastroenterologist.
Nausea while eating
Nausea when eating can be caused by:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, in this case, the body reacts to food as a foreign object and removes it through vomiting;
- Pancreatitis can cause instant vomiting while eating;
- Anorexia, severe weight loss leads to the "addiction" of the body to such a state. Subsequent attempts to eat normally will lead to vomiting. The help of specialists is needed, often - inpatient treatment;
- In children, vomiting while eating may occur involuntarily when large pieces of food get into the throat. Similar conditions can occur in adults.
How can you help yourself?
What if nauseous after eating? Official medicine offers drugs.-
- If nausea after eating is caused by food or chemical poisoning, it is necessary to induce vomiting, and then take activated charcoal or another adsorbent that will remove the poison from the stomach and intestines. The stomach is washed with a solution of potassium permanganate.
- Nausea caused by gastritis or peptic ulcer disease is just one of the symptoms. It is necessary to treat the disease. To relieve discomfort, pain can be taken omeprazole. People with chronic inflammation of the stomach and intestinal mucosa know how to relieve an attack.
- Hypertensive crisis, a sharp increase in pressure, which provoked nausea after eating, requires the adoption of measures to reduce it. If nausea is accompanied by weakness, severe headache, loss of consciousness, you must immediately call an ambulance.
- If you suspect appendicitis (pain in the upper abdomen, extending to the right side), you should immediately call an ambulance.
- Triptane group drugs, such as sumatriptan, relieve nausea from migraine. The patient needs peace, silence and twilight.
- When nausea helps infusion of peppermint. For its preparation 1 tbsp. l dried leaves of mint pour 1 tbsp. boiling water and insist for an hour. Strained broth drink 1 tbsp. l during bouts of nausea.
- Vomiting after eating, the causes of which lie in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, stop the decoction of dill seeds. 1 tsp. The seeds are boiled in 200 ml of water in a steam bath and taken in small sips with nausea after eating.
- When poisoning, traditional medicine recommends to dissolve in 50 ml of vodka 1 tsp. salt and drink in one gulp. This method is not suitable for the treatment of poisoning in children, before resorting to it, you must make sure that nausea is not caused by other diseases, namely toxins.
- Nausea removes green tea, you need to drink it in small sips, making between them a break of 10-20 seconds.
- Nausea, provoked by toxicosis of pregnant women, is not treated, but it is possible to alleviate the condition. To do this, pregnant women are advised to drink freshly squeezed lemon juice dissolved in a glass of cool water. You can add sugar. During pregnancy, it is necessary to use very carefully not only medicines, but also recipes of traditional medicine. Many women consider the herbs harmless, meanwhile, many of them are absolutely contraindicated, they can provoke indisposition, complications, miscarriages.
- Nausea after eating can be caused by excessive libations the day before. In this case, a solution of ammonia will help (10-15 drops per 1 tbsp. Of water), it is drunk several times with an interval of half an hour; a solution of apple cider vinegar (1 dl. per 1 tbsp of water).
- Thyme tincture will stop vomiting. It takes time to prepare it, so it should be prepared for future use. 150 g of dry grass is poured with a liter of dry white wine. Insist in a dark place for 20 days. For prophylaxis, take a tincture of 50 ml half an hour before meals.
- The collection, including valerian root, chamomile flowers and peppermint leaves in the ratio of 1: 2: 2, crushed, brewed 1 tbsp. l on 1 tbsp. boiling water. Infuse for 2 hours, take before meals 50 ml of filtered infusion.
- 2 tsp. crushed licorice root pour 2 tbsp. water and soar in a water bath for 30 minutes. Cool, filter, take before meals (per hour) for 1 tsp.
- A cold compress on the forehead, back of the neck, elbow bend, wrists, the area under the knee will help reduce body temperature and soothe vomiting;
- A horizontal position in which the head is slightly raised will soothe nausea. The method is not suitable if it is not about nausea, but about vomiting, since there is a risk of suffocation of vomitus;
- Holding the breath after a deep breath will saturate the body with oxygen and stabilize the vestibular apparatus, easing the condition;
- Fractional nutrition with crackers or crackers will relieve gagging.
Traditional medicine to the rescue
Tips and tricks to help stop nausea
If nausea occurs after eating or during a meal, you should reconsider the diet: reduce the amount of fatty, heavy foods that are difficult to digest, drink more fluid in between meals, eat often, but reduce the size of portions. Crackers or crackers, eaten while lying directly in bed, save them from morning sickness.
In those cases when nausea is caused by a lack of oxygen in the room, it is necessary to go out into the fresh air, if possible, lie down and breathe deeply, closing your eyes.
Nausea is an unpleasant phenomenon, but in this way the body either gets rid of harmful substances that have got inside, or signals malfunctions of the internal organs. One-time nausea should not cause panic, you should find out the cause and eliminate it. Persistent nausea after or during meals is a reason to visit a doctor and undergo a comprehensive examination. Self-medication can hide symptoms, but it does not cure the disease. Remedies for toxicosis during pregnancy is better to discuss with a gynecologist to avoid complications from self-treatment.