The need to check the bladder can occur in both men and women. Today, it uses ultrasound diagnostics. Going to such an examination, many do not quite know exactly what the ultrasound of the bladder shows. We will understand this issue and at the same time share tips on how to prepare for an important procedure.
Diseases do not hide: safe check
Today everyone knows: ultrasound is not painful and relatively inexpensive. The number of organs that can be investigated using such a safe and convenient diagnosis, and got a bladder. The reasons for which the doctor refers the patient to her are such health problems:
- discomfort during emptying the bladder (pain and cramps);
- increased urge to urinate;
- changing the color of urine;
- reduction of the usual daily urine;
- the presence of impurities in the liquid: flakes, blood, mucus, air;
- pain in the lower central abdomen (in the pubic zone).
Checking the bladder with ultrasonic waves is carried out not only in order to identify the disease. This procedure is also resorted to when it is possible to evaluate the dynamics of the development of the disease or the effectiveness of the treatment. This usually needs to be done after chemotherapy or surgery.
Ultrasound of the kidneys and urinary eyes of the doctor: what will the diagnosis warn?
Decipher that shows ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder, can competent and experienced diagnostician. What can it inform him about? The survey will provide accurate information about such diseases of the urogenital system:
- cystitis (acute and recurrent);
- stones (sand) in the kidneys or urinary;
- signs of inflammation (acute or chronic pyelonephritis, purulent kidney damage);
- the presence of foreign bodies;
- abnormal structure of the kidneys or bladder;
- urine rejection;
Thus, the doctor will determine why the patient suffers from excruciating pain in the lower abdomen, which causes urinary retention, hematuria and causes the patient to constantly run to the toilet. But the main thing that shows the ultrasound of the bladder, tumors (even small sizes) and metastases. With this testing, treatment will begin in a timely manner and increase the chances of recovery.
What else will ultrasound examination of urinary in patients of different sexes?
In addition to the above pathologies, during an ultrasound examination of this organ in men, it is possible to assess the condition and function of the prostate gland.
The bladder is a "window" through which you can see the female genitals. To assess the informativeness of the diagnosis, it is enough to name what the ultrasound of the bladder shows in women. Ultrasound will allow the diagnostician to further consider:-
- non-pregnant uterus;
- fertilized uterus in 1 trimester;
- location, dimensions of the ovaries and the presence of cystic formations.
- What should conform to the standard?
The shape and volume, the residual amount of urine (if everything works as it should, it should not be detected at all), the thickness of the walls, how the filling and emptying takes place - the doctor who will conduct the bladder will see all this. Normal indicators for women: volume - from 250 to 550 ml (for men, 350-750 ml). The walls should be between 2 and 4 mm thick. Any deviation from this parameter is already a pathology. It should be freed from its contents at an average rate of 50 ml per hour. If, after the subject has gone to the toilet, up to 100 ml of urine remains in the bladder, this is a sign of impaired function.
The structure of the body should be homogeneous, and the shape - correct (filled like a pear, empty - on a saucer). The configuration of the female urinary has distinctive features: it is more expanded on the sides and somewhat compressed in the upper part. Its shape is influenced by how many times a woman finds herself in an interesting position and gives birth to how the uterus is located.
A healthy bladder on the screen should be black. In the middle it is hollow, and nothing “extra” should be found in it, in particular, stones and sand.
How to prepare the body to check?
If there is a urinary ultrasound, some preparatory measures are needed. What exactly - it depends on the type of diagnosis. Consider all the options:
- if a transabdominal examination is performed (through the abdominal wall), the patient should fill the urinary. To do this, it is enough one hour before the process to drink at least a liter of water without gas (weak tea, compote, but not milk or kefir). If this option does not suit you, then you can go the other way - do not go to the toilet 3-4 hours before the examination;
- when performing transvaginal ultrasound (when the sensor is inserted into the vagina) in the bladder should be empty. Therefore it is recommended to empty it. To avoid flatulence, 4 days before the manipulation, remove all products that contribute to gas formation (cabbage, beans, pastry, fresh apples) from the diet. Additionally, it is recommended to drink Espumizan tablet;
- if transrectal (at which the sensor is placed in the rectum) ultrasound (it is done to men and girls who have not had sexual contact) will have to clean the bowel, that is, put an enema or a candle, take a laxative. On the day when diagnostics is planned, it is impossible to eat and smoke tightly;
- transurethral - a rare species in which sensors are placed in the urethra. In this case, it suffices to do hygienic measures.
Typically, such an ultrasound is sent as part of a comprehensive survey. It is also prescribed if there are characteristic complaints and symptoms indicating problems in the activity of the organs of the excretory system. This is the most benign, atraumatic and harmless way that has no contraindications. Often, such a diagnosis saves the life of the patient, because it helps to find dangerous pathologies and stones in the bladder and kidneys.