No matter how you treat antibiotics, there are diseases whose treatment is simply impossible without these drugs. For example, definitely have to drink antibiotics for pneumonia. But what and why these, and not others? The doctor is unlikely to talk about this to the patient, so it is worth discussing such an important issue.
Why it is impossible to cure pneumonia without antibiotics?
Inflammation of the lungs is a disease from which you can die in a short time. It is caused by both viruses and fungi. But in most cases, the development of pneumonia is caused by infection with bacteria - streptococci, pneumococci, staphylococci. The lung area where the inflammatory process began, stops working normally, which is fraught with dangerous consequences for the whole organism.
Antibiotics to combat this disease have been found for a long time. These are drugs of a penicillin row. With their help, pneumonia was treated for a long time and successfully. But bacteria gradually adapted to the action of these drugs and ceased to be "afraid" of them. Therefore, pharmacists had to urgently look for new formulas and substances that can eliminate pathogens. Today, a lot of drugs have been developed that help treat pneumonia. What are the leading antibiotics on this list?
There is no universal medicine: it all depends on how sensitive the bacteria are to it. What antibiotics can be taken for inflammation of the lungs, can be established only by laboratory, but the analysis takes up to 10 days. And since the disease is usually acute and the patient needs urgent help, they immediately prescribe a broad-spectrum antibacterial agent. In community-acquired pneumonia, it can be Amoxiclav, Rovamycin, Kefazon, Cefazolin. If the patient is hospitalized, then Claforan, Fortum, Peflacin, Tsiprobay, Gentamicin, Tienam and penicillin with clavulanic acid are used for treatment.
How to choose a tool?
If the "enemy" is set, then such drugs will be used for treatment:
- with pneumococcal infection (it is she who causes lobar and focal pneumonia) - Ampicillin, Flemoxin Soluteb, Ceftriaxone, Cefotaxime, macrolides - Summamed, Azithromycin, Vilprafen;
- if the causative agent is a hemophilus bacterium - Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav, Augmentin, Ofloxacin, Summamed;
- with pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Oxacillin, first and second generation cephalosporins;
- inflammation of the lungs associated with mycoplasma and chlamydial infections - tetracycline antibiotics (Doxycycline), Summamed, Ofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin;
- if legionella sensitivity has been identified, Rifampicin, Eryromycin, fluoroquinolones, macrolides will be prescribed;
- if E. coli caused inflammation - 3rd generation cephalosporins.
What will treat your pneumonia?
It depends on how old you are, how severe the disease is, whether you have chronic diseases and whether you are a smoker. First, it will be definitely issued by the APS. Then (when the result of the sputum test is obtained) another drug may be prescribed that has a detrimental effect on the pathogen.-
So, if the diagnosis has confirmed that the patient has pneumonia, antibiotic treatment will be carried out as follows:
- for patients up to 60 years old with uncomplicated course, Tavanic will be prescribed - 500 mg daily or Avelox (400 mg daily dose) for 5 days. In parallel with this antibiotic, the patient will have to take doxycycline (on day 1, 2 tablets, from 2 days - to 1 table). The course is 10-14 days. Or in the list of appointments will include Amoxiclav 625 or Aveloks (2 p. Per day) up to 2 weeks;
- if the patient is over 60 years old and he is in the dispensary, then treatment will be carried out with the use of Avelox (400 mg) and Ceftriaxone (1 g twice a day for at least 10 days);
- severe inflammation will require a “shock” antibiotic therapy: a combination of Levofloxacin (Tavanic) is used intravenously with Ceftriaxone (2 g 2 p. per day), Fortum or Cefeptim (injection into a muscle or intravenously). Sometimes intravenous administration of Summamed and Fortum is administered intramuscularly;
- if the disease is so severe that a person enters the intensive care unit, then they are connected to these antibiotics (they are taken in pairs): Fortum - Tavanic; Summamed - Lefloxacin (Tavanic); Summamed - Meronem; Targotsid - Meronem.
What antibiotic will save the child?
Once the diagnosis of pneumonia has been confirmed, the child should be given an antibiotic without delay. Of course, the doctor picks it up. But the standard model of antibiotic therapy is as follows:
- for streptococcal pneumonia: penicillins - Aminopenicillin, Benzylpenicillin in combination with III generation cephalosporins (Ceftriaxone, Cefotaxime) or macrolides - Erythromycin, Summammed, Azithromycin;
- pediatric pneumonia caused by the bacteria Mycoplasma pneumoniae and also Chlamydia pneumoniae is treated with Erythromycin, Tetracycline and fluoroquinolones (Levofloxacin);
- pneumonia, which provoked hemophilus bacillus, is the reason for the appointment of Amoxicillin, Aminopenicillin.
Some parents, fearing for the life of their child, require to write him a potent newest antibiotics for pneumonia. In children, they can cause a lot of undesirable effects. It is much better to use proven drugs "with experience". It is possible that this will delay recovery for several days, but it will be compensated by the fact that the microflora and immunity of the child will not be affected. Often, moderate pneumonia can be cured with Augmentin. With complicated pneumonia, funds containing metronidazole (Metrogil) will have to be used, and for children over 12 years old - fluoroquinolones.
Many people wonder what is the best antibiotic for pneumonia. The answer is: the best cure for pneumonia is one that can eliminate the pathogen. So just come to the pharmacy and buy a drug for such a disease does not work. For any suspicion of major problems with the lungs need to quickly consult a doctor.