Water with the addition of freshly squeezed lemon juice - benefits to the body or harm to health? Drink it hot or cold, on an empty stomach or after a meal? Does water with lemon benefit for weight loss? Reviews of those who have tried the action on themselves, tips on proper preparation and use of the drink, contraindications, compatibility and much more - about all this our article.
Answering the question, what does water with lemon give more - benefit or harm, let us dwell separately on the positive and negative effects of its use. First, about the benefits that our body receives:
- Cleaning the liver. This contributes to increased production of enzymes under the influence of lemon juice. Toxins are released, which are excreted with water.
- Help digestion. The chemical composition of the drink is close in its atomic composition to the acid contained in the gastric juice. Therefore, water with lemon contributes to a more active digestive process.
- Resistance to viral infections of the upper respiratory tract. Lemon has anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating properties. Water with fruit works great in this capacity both as a preventive and as a remedy.
- Regular bowel movements, removal of mucus and toxins. Everything happens easily, naturally and in a timely manner.
- Protection against premature aging, reducing cholesterol content due to a powerful antioxidant - lemon.
- Reduction of nervous tension, getting rid of obsessive fears, relief of depressive states, improvement of brain activity. This is an incomplete list of improvements that a high level of potassium in water with lemon can provide to the body.
- Strengthening bones, prevention of rickets. The reason is the optimum ratio of magnesium and calcium for bone composition. It also helps to reduce sugar levels and increase the sensitivity to insulin preparations.
- Blood purification, strengthening of vessels. Blood tests show very good dynamics.
- Reducing high blood pressure values, prevention and treatment of hypertension. Regular intake of water with lemon allows, in a short time, either to abandon the antihypertensive drugs, or to revise the dose taken downwards.
- Visible improvement in skin and hair. A high indicator of vitamin C in lemon allows you to get a striking effect. If you drink water with him regularly, the improvement becomes obvious.
- Help with joint and muscle pain and gout. Pain is reduced due to the ability of citric water to dilute uric acid.
- Weight loss, removal of fat from the body. The reason - in the accelerated metabolism, increased secretion of gastric juice and the presence in the composition of citrus substances directly involved in the splitting of heat.
- Slow growth and destruction of cancer cells. Scientific studies have shown positive dynamics in relation to 12 types of oncological formations. The result exceeded the effect obtained from Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapy drug.
- Improving the state of the immune and bone system during pregnancy.
As you can see, the list is quite impressive and encouraging. However, it is necessary to list not only the benefits, but also the harm of water with lemon with frequent use:
- The destruction of tooth enamel. To eliminate erosion, you need to use a straw and practice brushing your teeth and rinsing the mouth after drinking a drink.
- Heartburn. With increased acidity of the stomach, a negative condition may worsen.
- Danger of dehydration due to the diuretic effect.
- The deterioration of the mucous membranes.
Based on the above, it should be noted contraindications for the reception of water with lemon:
- increased acidity;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach (in the period of exacerbation - a categorical ban), gastritis;
- damaged tooth enamel;
- allergic reaction to any citrus;
- lesions of the mucous membranes, especially in the oral cavity;
- renal failure;
- inflammatory diseases of the bladder;
- oxalaturia (enhanced excretion of oxalic acid salts when urinating). In this case, water with lemon can cause urolithiasis;
- violation of intestinal microflora.
Water with lemon for weight loss: benefits, reviews, recommendations
Most often, in order to reduce the weight of this drink drink in the morning, before meals. The recipe is far from new, so you can find a lot of feedback on the benefits and dangers of water with lemon on an empty stomach, not in theory, but as it is in reality. True, it often comes to "fanaticism", and lemon water begins to be used outside of any schedule almost in liters. This can not be done even in the absence of specific contraindications. Otherwise, they may very soon appear.
People who consumed water with lemon daily on an empty stomach for one or more years say that they have long forgotten what colds are. Almost everyone notes an improvement in appearance, and many other positive reviews.
As for weight loss, most users agree that lemon water really helps regulate weight. But the increase in its consumption does not bring additional effect. Thus, the point is not in the amount of drink, but in its regular use.
How to drink water with lemon for weight loss according to the scheme?
In addition to the recommendations to drink lemon water on an empty stomach, there is a drink intake scheme. It consists in a gradual increase in its quantity and, accordingly, a subsequent decrease in dose. To apply such a scheme is only when there is none of the above contraindications, but there is an urgent need to lose weight in a short time. This method gives a very large load on the body!
It is not necessary to drink pure diluted lemon juice. You can add honey - it will improve the taste and make it easier to take (we will talk about additives later).
According to the scheme, take lemon-honey water should start with 1 tbsp. on an empty stomach Then the dose is increased daily by 1 tbsp. in a week. Then there is a countdown: the amount is reduced by 1 tbsp. everyday.
At the end of the diet, i.e. On the 15th day, the highest dose is taken once again. On this water intake with lemon should be stopped.-
Of course, drink several glasses on an empty stomach is not necessary. With an increase in dose, it stretches all day. But you should always drink lemon water before meals.
And once again we warn that you risk very seriously “plant” your stomach and spoil your teeth.
Drink lemon water properly!
It is best to drink lemon water on an empty stomach, but before meals or before bedtime. Recipes there are many. We give the most common.
At 1 tbsp. warm water squeezed half a lemon. This is about 2 tbsp. l juice. Water can be replaced with decoction of Hypericum or tea. But note that green tea on an empty stomach can give a very unpleasant feeling in the stomach.
You can use boiled water, but preferably mineral without gas. It should be heated to a pleasant temperature.
Lemon is crushed with the peel and added to 2-3 tbsp. boiled water. It is not drunk immediately, but little by little before each meal; must be consumed during the day.
Do not forget to rinse your mouth after taking water with lemon, preferably with soda!
What else can you add to lemon water?
You can add ginger, honey, cinnamon and mint in various combinations, as well as cucumber sliced into thin slices. In the latter case, the lemon can also be cut into slices and insist in a jug along with pieces of cucumber. Judging by the reviews, most often consumed water with lemon and honey. Honey need to put 1 tsp. on 1 tbsp. lemon water.
But what is absolutely not recommended to add to the drink is sugar. Without sugar, it has an alkaline effect and normalizes ph balance. But it is necessary to add sugar - and the acidity rises sharply. And even more so do not sweeten water with lemon to those who drink it for weight loss. In extreme cases, you can add honey stevia powder.
If water with freshly squeezed lemon juice is not contraindicated, it can be your assistant in the fight for a beautiful figure and a healthy look. However, remember that any means for losing weight is good only in conjunction with physical activity and reasonable nutrition. If you do not risk drinking lemon water in its pure form, use the fruit along with the zest on your menu. Let the lemon be constantly present on your table. This will give the familiar dishes and sauces new flavors. And you and your family members are strong and healthy.