Vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD), or neurocirculatory dystonia, is a term that is found exclusively in domestic medicine. IRR is not an independent disease, such a diagnosis does not exist in any ICD (international classification of diseases). So what is vegetative dystonia? And why almost every third put such a "diagnosis"?
Vegetative-vascular dystonia: what is it?
Vegetative-vascular dystonia is defined as a syndrome that includes various disorders of the vegetative functions (related to the work of the internal organs). They are associated with pathologies of the nervous regulation.
According to statistics, this syndrome can be registered in children in 12 - 25% of cases in adults, and to a much greater extent, up to 70% of the total number. It is also known that in women, such a syndrome occurs 3 times more often.
IRR is the result of constant stress and rhythm of life on the principle of "running-running." Such a rhythm causes the body to completely give up all energy resources and reserves. What can not remain without consequences.
The main provoking factors of the syndrome and its causes are identified:
- Diseases of the nervous system;
- Some chronic diseases;
- Regular stress situations, overvoltages, neuroses, etc.
- The IRR may have several guises, and the symptoms will depend on the organ system that has proven to be the “target.” The most common types of lesions are:
- On the part of the heart, heart rhythm disturbances, unstable blood pressure from hypo- to hypertension. The skin becomes marble, tides are felt, hands and feet are cold. Less pain may occur behind the sternum.
- Hyperventilation Syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by pain of a aching or spastic nature, swelling of the intestine. It is also accompanied by a deterioration in appetite, nausea, and sometimes vomiting, etc.
- Cystalgia - frequent, painful urination, in the absence of diseases of the urethra and unchanged in the urine.
- Sexual disorders - erectile dysfunction, a violation of the processes of ejaculation in men, in women - vaginismus. Sexual desire does not change or may decrease.
Preparations for the treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia
The good news is that the IRR is successfully treated, but at the same time it is necessary to find a provoking factor and remove or at least weaken its effect. To successfully achieve the goal, it is impossible to do without the help of medical professionals, passing a certain list of tests and research.
Only in this case, the doctor will be able to prescribe drugs that will help get rid of the symptoms of the disease.
In most cases, all drugs that are shown in the IRR can be divided into several groups:
- Sedatives. Herbal preparations Novopassit, Persen, and drugs from the group of bromides and barbiturates Corvalol, Valocordin.
- Hypo-and hypertensive drugs, drugs that will regulate tachycardia, etc.
- Neuroleptics, antidepressants, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, psychostimulants, etc.
To get rid of the symptoms of the disease it is necessary to strengthen your own body - sports, hardening. In addition, psychological rest is important, since the disease is most often associated with depression and constant stressful situations. We must learn to look at life from a different angle, and the disease will disappear forever!