In accordance with the method of Nechyporenko, the study of urine samples is carried out in order to determine the quantity of protein cylinders, leukocytes and erythrocytes contained in it. The main task is to detect possible inflammations of acute nature. Such studies are carried out after the general analysis revealed no pathologies. So, urine analysis according to Nechyporenko: the norm.
Urinalysis using the Nechyporenko method is designed to help identify the following abnormal abnormalities in the body:
- latent inflammation of the kidneys and urinary system;
- the presence in the urine of blood or latent hematuria;
- systemic diseases that affect the development of kidney dysfunction.
The reason for the appointment of a general analysis of Nechiporenko may be the need to verify how effective the methods of therapy used. Indications for the study are also considered:
- the presence of suspicious symptoms - pain in the lower back and lower abdomen;
- discomfort during urination;
- frequent urination;
- if urine is unnatural color, odor and turbid;
- change in urine volume.
To obtain reliable and objective data on urine specimens, it is necessary to adhere to certain requirements for the preparation and collection of biological material:
- First of all, you need to hold hygiene measures in the genital area. At the same time it is necessary to avoid the means possessing disinfecting properties.
- During the day prior to the date of collection, it is necessary to avoid taking medications, primarily antibiotics, consumption of alcoholic foods and vegetables containing natural pigments, especially beets, as well as excessive physical exertion, emotional stress.
- The collection of urine is best done in the morning immediately after bedtime, before you have breakfast.
- In advance, get a sterile disposable cup with a sealed lid at the pharmacy.
- For the study you will need a sample taken in the middle of urination. To do this, first you urinate into the toilet for three seconds, and then into a sterile container. It will be enough 25-30 ml of urine.
- It is not recommended to pass urine on tests for women during menstruation.
- It is desirable that after two hours the tests should be taken to the clinical laboratory, otherwise the bacteria will begin to multiply in the urine.
Summary of analysis results
The correct interpretation of the research results can be done exclusively by a qualified technician. However, it will be useful to know the established norms for urine analysis indicators according to the Nechyporenko method for an adult and a child. This knowledge will be useful for comparing their indicators with the normative ones in order to apply for medical assistance if there are deviations.
Urine of a healthy person contains white blood cells not exceeding 2000/1 mm³ sediment. Values exceeding the norm are likely to indicate developing cystitis or an inflammatory process of the bladder. It can also talk about pyelonephritis, prostatitis, kidney stones, tissue death in the kidneys.
The presence of normal red blood cells in the urine should not exceed a concentration of 1000/1 mm³ sediment. High red blood cells may indicate the following pathologies:
- tumors in the urinary tract.
Without the presence of pathological changes, the content of cylinders in the urine varies from 0 to 20 units / mm³. The state of the organism with high values of this indicator in a urine sample indicates a possible acute or chronic glomerular nephritis, an infectious kidney disease or hypertension. Cylinders also increase when taking diuretics.
It should be noted that the composition of the cylinders is not uniform and includes the following types:
- Hyaline or granular cylinders. Normally, their concentration is zero. The presence of granular cylinders is a sign of viral diseases, and also accompanies the glomerular nephritis, an infectious disease of the kidneys or intoxication of the body.
- Erythrocyte cylinders should also not be in a healthy person in the urine, but appear when exacerbation of glomerulonephritis, the formation of a blood clot in the vein of the kidneys and with hypertension.
- Wax cylinders enter the urine as possible markers of nephrotic syndrome, amyloidosis, kidney loss of ability to work normally.
- And another type of cylinders - epithelial, which also should not be in the urine of a healthy person. Their presence may be due to viral infections, acute tubular necrosis of the kidneys, toxin poisoning.
Interpretation of the analysis in adults
The values of the indicators according to the method of Nechyporenko in the urine of an adult, who has no pathological abnormalities in the body, are as follows.-
The name of the component being studied
cells / ml
from 0 to 2000
from 0 to 1000
0-20 U / ml
Urine analysis according to Nechiporenko: the norm in children
Such studies of children's urine can be assigned in the case when the general analysis did not reveal pathological changes, but showed high red blood cells and white blood cells. The analysis according to Nechiporenko eliminates the presence of serious pathologies in a child related to the functioning of the kidneys and urinary system of the body.
Normally, the indicators of laboratory studies of urine according to the method of Nechyporenko in children do not differ from similar values for adults. Elevated white and red blood cells may indicate a viral infection.
When deciphering the results of urine studies according to the Nechiporenko method, it is necessary to take into account that all possible deviations from normal values in the indices are nonspecific for any disease. However, the result of the analysis is quite informative in diagnosing pathologies developing in the urinary organs.