Inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck is an uncomfortable condition that often causes pain.
Doctors call this phenomenon cervical lymphadenitis. It occurs due to inflammatory processes that occur in the body, as well as due to a number of diseases. It is for this reason that the treatment of lymph nodes in the neck is associated with the nature of the disease itself and the degree of its severity.
The lymph node itself is one of the most important parts of the lymphatic system, which acts as a filter. If an infection enters the body, then all negative particles are deposited on it, and then destroyed by white blood cells. If the infection is persistent, the bodies are activated faster and in large quantities, this leads to inflammation of the organ.
Causes of inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck
Cervical lymphadenitis occurs due to several reasons. Most often, the disease is far from primary, it accompanies the underlying disease. This can happen in the following situations:
- the patient has any infectious disease (flu, sore throat, inflammation of the mouth or respiratory organs);
- weakening of immunity - a condition where the human body cannot cope even with a not very dangerous infection;
- cancer of the lymphatic system;
- damage to the lymph nodes themselves - in this case, the disease is primary.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck: symptoms
First of all, every patient wants to get rid of the pain caused by inflammation. But still it is necessary to identify the reason why this condition arose. It is very problematic to do this on your own, therefore, as soon as the disease manifests itself, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor - an oncologist, a surgeon or an infectious diseases specialist, they specialize in this issue.
Before the lymph nodes in the neck get sick, the patient may observe a number of other discomfort - high body temperature, headache, weakness in the body, severe redness in the lymph nodes. If these symptoms have been identified, you should immediately go to the hospital, as they can speak about quite serious diseases (benign tumors, oncological diseases, pneumonia, bronchitis, tuberculosis, the presence of infections in the body), they can only be identified in the laboratory.
If the lymph node in the neck does not bring pain, but at the same time has increased in size, then you can not go to the hospital, this may mean that the organ is activated a little more than others. Anxiety is necessary to beat only when the occurrence of pain.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck: treatment
- Treatment of this disease begins with the fact that the specialist must determine the cause of its occurrence and the site of infection itself. In order to relieve inflammation, the doctor may prescribe the following. drugs: Prednisolone, Deltason, Medrol. Pharmacological products are sold in every pharmacy and sold without a doctor's prescription.
- In almost all cases, the doctor prescribes UHF-therapy for the speedy recovery of the patient. If the form of inflammation is quite serious, that is, the process of suppuration has started in the body, the doctor will prescribe antibiotics. If the lifeline is already festered, then the surgeon will have to open and clean it of harmful contents.
- Treatment of inflammation is aimed at restoring the body's immune system and its efficiency. For this, in addition to drugs for the direct treatment of inflammation, you need to take immunostimulating agents, multivitamins, as well as products that have high levels of vitamin C.
- Drinking should be enriched with vitamins - compotes, jellies, and also it should be very abundant. The patient must be constantly warm, try not to contact with drafts and cold so that the form of the disease does not become chronic.
Lymph nodes in the neck hurt: folk remedies
Self-treatment of inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck can be fraught with a number of consequences, one of which is a worsening of the condition, since not all traditional medicine can cope with the disease. Some experts in folk uniform advise to warm the inflamed lymph node in the neck - to apply heating pads, warm towels, boiled eggs or potatoes to it, but it is scientifically proven that lymph node cannot be heated and even more than that - it is strictly prohibited!
As a result of warming and exposure to the inflamed area of high temperature, the infection can penetrate into the healthy tissues of the body along with the lymph, and from the lymph nodes on the neck - into the brain. Iodine nets and rubbing of the affected area are also prohibited. The use of various infusions and decoctions is possible only after consulting with a specialist.
The lymph nodes in the neck are responsible for the following ailments - headaches, diseases of the organs of the respiratory system, diseases of the ears. Treatment with folk remedies is permissible only when a cold is detected in a patient, one of these drugs is Echinacea.
This plant has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects on the body. The infusion of herbs should be diluted with ordinary water in the ratio: 100 g of water for 10 drops of infusion, and it should be taken 3 times a day. In addition to the fact that this tool is suitable for the treatment of inflammation of the cervical lymph nodes, they can be treated and submandibular lymph nodes, which are also inflamed with colds.
Lymph nodes is one of the most important defense systems of our body., for this reason it is impossible to ignore the signals that they sometimes give us. You can get a good and high-quality advice on this issue by contacting a specialist, and only prescribed medicines should be taken for its intended purpose.