One of the reasons that leads patients to the dentist is the inflammatory process near the tooth. It provokes bleeding, pain then joins, and the temperature may jump. Here it is already clear to anyone that treatment is required. Inflammation of the tooth at home can be cured. When will weeds save, and when is it necessary to hurry to dentistry?
Periodontitis, gingivitis, periodontitis: what is it and where do such diseases come from?
It seems to be taking care of your teeth correctly, and you are not fond of sweets, but please - the gum has reddened, swollen and inflamed. First, you should understand the diagnosis. If the tissue between the tooth and the bone bed is inflamed, it is periodontitis. If it is limited only to inflammation of the gums - gingivitis, and when the pathological process spreads to the dental-toothed tissue and causes tooth decay, it is periodontitis.
All of these diagnoses sound scary. Where did such misfortunes come from? The main reasons for the development of inflammation:
- incorrect oral care;
- bacterial plaque and stones on the teeth;
- running pulpitis;
- unbalanced nutrition;
- tooth injury;
- illiterate treatment or prosthetics (when the crown injures the gum or drugs fall into the periodontium);
- hormonal disorders.
Inflammation of the gums can be recognized by the following symptoms:
- redness, swelling and bleeding;
- monotone or throbbing pain in the gums;
- chewing discomfort;
- shakiness of the tooth;
- in some cases, cheeks and lips swell;
- when you exhale may appear bad "flavor".
What to buy in a pharmacy to eliminate inflammation?
Many people suffered from excruciating pain, but not everyone knows how to treat gum inflammation at home, without the help of a doctor. Most people go to the pharmacy right away. Indeed, many drugs are being sold today that can be used to relieve unpleasant symptoms. The most popular and effective are such drugs:
- Paradontotsid. Its cost is about 150 rubles .;
- Poliminerol. Sells for about 160 rubles.;
- Maraslavin. It is somewhat more expensive - up to 200 rubles.
- Holisal. Gel. We'll have to spend about 340 rubles.
Any of the above drugs reduces inflammation, bleeding, produces an analgesic effect and prevents further infection.
In the pharmacy assortment, there are other drugs of similar action: Asepta, Dental, Parodium, Kamistad. They act quickly and efficiently. But it is worth remembering that none of these drugs will never replace a visit to the dentist. In addition, inflammation can be caused by serious reasons requiring professional treatment.
How to "fix" the gum on your own?
Many people are terribly afraid of dental offices. In addition, inflammation of the gums does not seem to them a very dangerous disease. Therefore, the treatment of gum inflammation at home is so popular. Quickly get rid of pain, swelling and redness will help decoctions of:
- chamomile flowers;
- oak and linden bark;
- St. John's wort, mint and oregano;
- calamus roots;
- strawberries (leaves).
To prepare infusions of these plants (except chamomile) should be according to the traditional scheme: put the dry collection in boiling water and boil for a couple of minutes. Oak bark is boiled on low heat for at least 30 minutes, then add a portion of cold water. Chamomile poured boiling water, hold for 10 minutes in a water bath. Then all the broths are cooled and used for rinsing. Repeat such manipulations should be at least 3 times a day.
To enhance the therapeutic effect of herbs, you can prepare multicomponent solutions. For example, such:-
- take sage, chamomile and calendula (in equal proportions), pour a glass of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes, cool. Flush inflamed gums at least 5 times a day;
- make a decoction using 3 tbsp. l chamomile. Cool, put in a solution of 2 tbsp. l honey
Healing compositions from improvised means
If you do not have medicinal herbs at home, then try to solve the problem with the gums, using the more unusual recipes of alternative medicine.
- Make an anti-inflammatory solution, which includes 50 ml of pre-boiled water and 3 tsp. hydrogen peroxide. If you see that peroxide has dropped to the bottom of the tank, do not worry: it should be so. Gradually, it dissolves. With this composition, rinse the oral cavity for about 10 minutes. Then rinse your mouth with plain water.
- Prepare a homemade medicinal composition of half a teaspoon of soda, a couple of drops of lemon juice and 15 drops of peroxide. All these components mix well. The mixture will have a thick texture. Use it as toothpaste. After this procedure, do not eat food for a quarter of an hour.
- Pour into a glass of boiled water at room temperature, add 1 tbsp. l soda, a drop of iodine, mix. Use for rinsing. Do it often - with an interval of 15-20 minutes.
Be very careful when using peroxide to eliminate gum disease. Including her treatment folk remedies should be carried out with great care. It is important to prevent peroxide from entering the esophagus and stomach, as a rather aggressive remedy can adversely affect these organs. However, it does not hurt the tooth enamel and gums. The positive effect is due to its disinfectant properties.
In addition, for rinsing it is advisable to use such well-known and proven tools such as furatsilin, solution of potassium permanganate, soda.
When is it better to abandon amateur?
Most people treat their teeth, and even more so - the gums, with surprising nonchalance. If something inside is hurt, many still reluctantly go to the doctor so that he can prescribe treatment. Many people are trying to eliminate the inflammation of the gums at home, on their own. But in some situations this not only does not help, but also hurts: you can lose a tooth.
The main rule of successful treatment of sore gums is the elimination of the cause that provoked such a phenomenon. If gingivitis or periodontitis is the culprit, then the independent use of anti-inflammatory rinses (solutions or gels) will provide only short-term improvement and for some time will make a person forget about inflammation. But the destructive effects of these ills will continue. The disease will return again and show itself with more pronounced symptoms.
If the inflammatory process was caused by overhanging edges of fillings or short dentures, then only a dentist can solve this problem. No home rinses can cure and periodontitis - professional and complex treatment is necessary.
The pledge of gum health (and eventually teeth) is a regular check of their condition at the dentist. If any uncomfortable sensations arise in your mouth, then do not rush to get stocks of medicinal herbs to prepare rinse solutions, and do not wait until the inflamed gums keep you awake at night. It will be correct if an experienced dentist will be engaged in the treatment of such pathology.