Many modern medicines are still made on the basis of natural herbal ingredients. Although the pharmaceutical industry has learned how to produce synthetic analogues (which is sometimes much cheaper), the natural one always remains in favor. For example, Baikal skullcap. What is a plant? What are its composition and properties, purpose, consumer reviews.
Looking at the photo of the Baikal skullcap, you will never confuse him with anything. The herbaceous and bushy perennial plant during the flowering period is covered with many bluish-purple flowers. Some representatives of the genus color may be other shades. In nature, there are several hundred varieties of skullcap, but the laurels of phytotherapy are given to Baikal.
Healing rhizomes have healing properties. It is believed that the older the plant, the higher its therapeutic qualities. In its natural environment it mainly grows in the Far Eastern steppe area with clay and rocky slopes in Mongolia. On the territory of the Russian Federation is found in Transbaikalia and in the Irkutsk region, the middle Amur region, South-Western Primorye. Early references to the plant and its properties are found in the Tibetan treatise, dating back to five hundred years BC.
It is important to look closely at the photo of the Baikal skullcap, as in the absence of flowers (flowering period - July), the plant can be confused with nettle because of the leaves. The height of the bushes about 50 cm indicates that the plant is already more than one year. From the end of August, you can start collecting skullcaps.
Composition of substances
The following substances were found in the roots and rhizomes of the plant:
- flavonoids (a group of plant substances that affect the activity of many enzymes in our body);
- pyrocatechins (strong reducing agent);
- essential oils;
- saponins and coumarins (active substances of medicinal plants);
- scoutellaria glycoside ("cardiac" glycoside);
- macronutrients: K, Ca, Mg;
- trace elements: Fe, I, Cu, Zn, Se, Mn, Co, Mo;
Due to such a rich composition, the Baikal skullcap helps from a variety of disorders. However, in order for therapy to actually produce a result, herbal remedies based on the skullcap root should be taken in conjunction with the main treatment.
Skullcap has the following properties:
- dilating vessels;
- unwinding cramps;
- stopping the blood;
- stimulating metabolic processes;
- emollient laxatives;
- hepatoprotective, etc.
It is recommended to take in the treatment of acute-chronic pathologies of the digestive tract, with anemia, stomatitis, late toxicosis of pregnancy, in the fight against headaches, migraine, insomnia. In patients who have undergone therapy, there has been a significant improvement in the condition, relief of characteristic manifestations of diseases.
Drugs based on skullcap root have practically no contraindications. There are, perhaps, age restrictions (contraindicated for children under 12 years of age), individual intolerance to the components. Reception during gestation and lactation may be limited or prohibited (determined by the doctor).
The most common pharmaceutical forms of Baikal skullcap are tincture, infusion and decoction. Extractants are also added to tablets, ointments, creams, gels, syrups. Not only in traditional and alternative medicine is used, but also in cosmetology. Also widely used in veterinary medicine.
Baikal skullcap deserves only the best reviews, because in nature such "multi-profile" natural healers are rarely found.
- Margarita, 43 years old: “I take the root tincture for 1.5 months. I can note an improvement in sleep and general well-being. Apathy and chronic fatigue have passed. Headaches and recurrent pains no longer torment me."
- Tatyana, 51: "I am taking a drug based on a Baikal skullcap for the prevention of varicose veins. I note that the pressure has more or less stabilized, I no longer react to the weather like that. I sleep better at night. In general, I feel great."
- Sergey, 38 years old: "After the skullcap drank the course, the stomach with the intestines began to work like a clock. Appetite appeared. Constant problem-free stool. Gone are the weight, cramps, swelling."
Incredibly healing plant Baikal skullcap helps to cope with many serious disorders. Natural ingredients are always safer for our body than even the most effective synthetic drugs. However, it is not necessary to engage in self-treatment, uncontrolledly and without prescription resorting to herbal medicine. It is important to consult with your doctor, take into account contraindications.