Many people underestimate the importance of water for their health, beauty, body shape and well-being. Insufficient use of water has a very negative effect on the body and may even cause some diseases.
It is difficult to imagine what benefits water brings to man. After all water is the basis of life. Organisms originated from the water. Where there is no water - the desert, lifeless space. Our body is 60-80% water. You need to drink water to keep organs and tissues in good condition..
The following are the most obvious reasons why you need to increase the amount of plain water you drink:
- Beauty and youthful skin. To moisturize the skin from the inside, to make it supple you need to drink plenty of water.
- Great well-being. Lack of water threatens loss of concentration, irritability and fatigue. Yes Yes! The cause of poor health can be elementary dehydration of the body, because during the day, during life processes, a person loses about 10 glasses of fluid!
- The elimination of toxins from the body. The more water we drink, the easier it is for the kidneys to cope with their responsibilities.
- Enhance immunity. The lack of moisture makes the cells weak. Due to chronic dehydration, their vital activity decreases and, as a result, their vulnerability to viruses increases;
- Reducing the risk of heart attack. Statistics show that heart attacks occur less frequently in those who regularly drink enough water. The blood becomes thinner and the vessels are not clogged;
- Good digestion. This is not only the absence of constipation: water takes the most important part, transporting substances to the circulatory system, and then removes waste from the body;
- Burning fat With water enters the oxygen necessary for the processes of burning fat and processing it into energy;
- The formation of new muscles. Water is involved in the synthesis of proteins, which is extremely important in the formation of muscles.
- Muscle and joint lubrication. Lack of water leads to muscle spasms, especially for those who play sports, leads an active lifestyle. Water is the basic material for producing special joint lubricant;
How much water do you need per day?
How much to drink water? Normally you need 30-60 ml of water for every kilogram of weight. That is, if you weigh 58kg, then you need to drink at least 1700 ml of water.
But do not be too zealous - the body can absorb about 120 ml (about a glass) of water every 10 minutes.
It is very important to quench your thirst after sleep.. In the morning the body is dehydrated, about a liter of water is lost overnight. To help the body wake up, intensify digestion and metabolic processes, make drainage, you need to drink 2-3 cups. Do this before breakfast, immediately after waking up.-
Dehydration can be signaled by the smell of urine. If it has an obvious smell of chemistry, ammonia, it is concentrated and the body's water is clearly not enough, drink more.
The amount of water the body needs depends on the type of food we eat. Meat, flour, salty, smoked meat, all this requires more water. Vegetarian food - less. Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of moisture. But you should not consider replacing any liquid with water.
Should juice and tea be a good replacement for water?
Juices, tea, soup, fruits and vegetables are NOT a substitute for water. If there is organic matter in the water, then the body already perceives it as food. Cucumber, for example, consists of 97% water, but the body also takes it for food, extracts all the moisture from the cells and sends it to the digestive tract for digestion, and water is needed for digestion. If you drink plain water, then all of it is absorbed and will be sent to meet the needs of the body.
Can I drink before, during and after meals?
It is believed that water dilutes gastric juice and does not allow food to digest normally. Of course, to drink several glasses of water in one gulp is not the best solution. A prudent amount, especially when taking a dry meal, will only have a positive effect on the body. Then you can drink in an hour or two. A glass of water for 30-40 minutes before a meal activates the digestive system.
Get into the habit of carrying a bottle of water with you everywhere and drinking regularly, wherever you are. To make the process more fun, you can add pieces of fruit or mint to the water. Drink fruit water chilled. Set yourself a signal on the phone, it will remind you of the need to drink water and help develop a good habit.