Figs- very useful fruit that grows on a fig tree. Bring it to us from China, Armenia, Uzbekistan and Turkey. Dried figs - a real storehouse of vitamins and minerals, In addition, figs can be bought at any time of the year.
- Fresh fig fruits contain large amounts of organic acids and saturated sugars.. Some figs contain about 75% sugar: sucrose, fructose, levulose, glucose, arabinose, mannoheptulose, and sedoentulose.
- The basis of figs is citric acid, and glycerin acid is also present in mature figs. Figs contain carotene, copper, iron and pectins.
- Figs contain vitamins C and B, as well as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium..
Fig: useful properties
- Fig helps restore energy, it will lead you to wakefulness, as well as relieve hunger.
- With the help of figs, poisoning and indigestion can be treated. Figs also stimulate the liver and kidneys.
- Proved well figs for colds (flu, acute respiratory infections, tonsillitis, etc.). Figs has antipyretic properties, as well as help get rid of sore throat and cough.
- Doctors recommend that people use figs who are prone to tachycardia, thrombosis, anemia, and cardiovascular diseases. Fig helps to get rid of heart palpitations and asthma. Due to the high content of potassium, it is recommended to use figs for people with impaired functioning of the heart and skeletal muscles.
- From figs obtained excellent detergent that can be taken with constipation. Figs lowers cholesterol, promotes the speedy healing of tumors, wounds, abscesses.
- Fig Essential Oil It has antibacterial, emollient and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Thanks to a lot of fiber, fig leaves slags and toxins from the body. A few pieces of figs, consumed before meals, stimulate the work of digestion and accelerate the absorption of nutrients by the body.
- Avicena recommended eating figs for ulcers, malaria, measles, tumors, fever and leprosy. In ancient times, healers believed thatfig helps to deal with poisons.
The use of figs in traditional medicine
Figs are useful in treating various diseases..-
- A decoction of figs has excellent antipyretic properties, causing profuse sweating. To cook the broth, pour 2 tablespoons. Dried inflorescences a glass of boiling water. This decoction will help you cope with germs faster. You can use a decoction of fig flowers for rinsing in case of sore throat and other diseases of the throat.
- The fruits of figs have a diuretic effect, so they are useful for lowering blood pressure. Fig fruits stimulate the kidneys, liver and heart.
- Trace elements that are part of the fig, relieve muscle spasms and relax the blood vessels. Therefore, it is recommended to use figs for the prevention of hypertension and venous insufficiency.
- Figs thins blood, which speaks of its undoubted benefits for people with thick blood. Fig prevents the appearance of blood clots, slows blood clotting, resolves those formed on the walls of blood vessels. Indisputable use of figs in diseases of the spleen and liver.
- Fig improves mood and is an excellent anti-depressant..
Harm figs. Contraindications
- Despite the fact that figs have many useful properties, figs also have harm.
- Due to the large amount of sugar figs can not be consumed with diabetes.
- Because of the content of oxalic acid, figs are contraindicated in gout. Oxalic acid dissolves kidney stones, but in case of an imbalance in oxalic acid metabolism, it is not recommended to eat figs.
- In figs a lot of fiber, so it can not be used for inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Dried fruits of figs are contraindicated in diseases of the pancreas, otherwise, it can cause an exacerbation of the disease. Also, you can not eat figs with pancreatitis..
- Do not eat figswith gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Read more about the benefits of figs in the article Useful properties of figs.
Fig has many useful properties, but it must be used with caution., in order not to harm the body and not to provoke the exacerbation of various diseases.