"Tempalgin" - one of the most famous and inexpensive drugs, designed to reduce the degree of pain of various etiologies. At the same time, it is one of the most controversial drugs, since the opinions of consumers regarding it categorically do not converge. What types of pain does Tempalgin help with? How to apply it correctly, and where is it important to exercise caution?
"Tempalgin": the main characteristics of the drug
"Tempalgin" is an analgesic, whose work is based on metamizole sodium (500 mg per tablet), acting as a blocker of functions involved in the formation of prostaglandins, as well as a membrane stabilizer and an obstacle to the synthesis of pyrogens. An additional active ingredient of the drug is anxiolytic tempidone (20 mg per tablet), whose task is to irritate the central n-cholinergic receptors, which leads to depression of anxiety and tension: i.e. It affects the psychological component of pain. The combination of these substances leads to the fact that they support and prolong the action of each other. Metabolism occurs in the liver, eliminating elements with urine. Indications for the use of "Tempalgin" are:
- infectious diseases associated with high fever and inflammatory processes;
- surgical interventions that caused long-term pain;
- diagnostic procedures that provoke pain;
- visceral pains (in tandem with a stronger antispasmodic);
- mild pain of any etiology, including pain during the menstrual cycle.
However, it should be understood that Tempalgin is not a antispasmodic, therefore its use, for example, in case of a headache, will not eliminate the problem completely - it will only muffle it for a while. For this reason, it is desirable to combine it with "No-Shpa", "Hypothiazide", etc. The main objective of the drug in this situation is to reduce nervousness, which also causes more severe spasm.
- Separately, it should be said that Tempalgin has a number of contraindications: pregnancy (excluding the second trimester), lactation, blood formation disorders, liver and kidney diseases (mainly their insufficiency), hypotension, children under 14 years of age.
The drug has side effects, mainly caused by intolerance to its components or gastrointestinal sensitivity: dry mouth, dyspeptic disorders, changes in the level of liver enzymes. The bulk of adverse reactions listed by the chemical composition of blood - "Tempalgin" has a inhibitory effect on the process of synthesis of blood cells, as a result, it is possible as a decrease in pressure, tachycardia, and anaphylactic shock. Elimination of symptoms occurs through gastric lavage.
How to use "Tempalgin"?
From what Tempalgin helps, it became clear, but the specifics of its reception depending on different types of pain still raises questions. This is especially true not of its main focus. In addition, how often can you resort to Tempalgin, and is it possible to conduct a full course of treatment?
- Tempalgin is a one-time drug. This requires both the risk of accumulation of the active substance, which increases the likelihood of side effects, and the addiction of the organism to the medication. If the pain is prolonged, Tempalgin is drunk daily, for 3-5 days. Extreme case - the 7th day when it is canceled completely. Drug treatment is pointless because it does not eliminate the cause of the pain.
- Taking "Tempalgin" is carried out after a meal (it affects the gastrointestinal mucosa), the tablet must be swallowed, washed down with a large amount (100-150 ml) of warm water.
- Children over the age of 14 are allowed to take 1 tablet no more than 2 times a day, adults - the same dosage, but with a frequency of up to 3 times a day. The maximum number of tablets for daily use - 6 pcs., However, it excludes the subsequent reception on the 2nd and 3rd day, because the dose is too high even for an adult organism.
In the application of "Tempalgin" there are several other nuances that should not be neglected:
- The drug is forbidden to combine with alcohol.
- "Tempalgin" conflicts with penicillin, cytostatics and colloidal agents, acting as a substitute for natural blood cells.
- The drug is forbidden to enter into therapy if the patient has convulsions.
- Acute abdominal pains that do not have a clear diagnosis also prevent the use of this drug.
As for the possibility to use "Tempalgin" during infectious diseases, accompanied by temperature, it is important for values from 38.5 degrees and above. From toothache, "Tempalgin" can become a preventive measure, and not a cure agent, if you take 1 pill in 20-30 minutes. before the procedure at the dentist. The same applies to surgery, but the drug does not replace a serious anesthesia or a stronger anesthetic.-
Reviews of "Tempalgine"
Doctors treat this drug loyally, and an ambiguous picture has emerged among consumers: however, it is quite understandable by the chemical composition of Tempalgin and the contraindications indicated in the instructions for it.
Alyona: I took Tempalgin for the first time when I tried to relieve pain after visiting a dentist: they worked with my teeth without anesthesia, there was little pleasant. Saw 1/2 tablet (the body is very sensitive) immediately after therapy, and all the discomfort passed in a few hours completely. Thus, the drug became a duty for rare trips to the dentist. I tried, as indicated in the instructions, to drink before the therapy, but he did not give me any effect.
Pauline: Analgesics and antispasmodics in my medicine cabinet are already native: a very painful menstrual cycle and frequent headaches make themselves felt. "Tempalgin" took in a pharmacy on the advice of a pharmacist, when it turned out that the familiar "No-Shpa" is forgotten at home, and a tablet is urgently needed. The abdominal pain has muffled a bit (drank exactly 1 tablet), but only slightly. After 2 hours I took another 1 tablet, but this did not help much either. As a result, he didn’t receive recognition from Tempalgin from me, although, perhaps, in other situations he manifests himself better.
Olga: "Tempalgin" - a thing extremely difficult. I have been using it for a long time, but it works far from in all cases as we would like, therefore it is often necessary to take something for a replacement. Firstly, it relaxes the body somewhat (apparently, the very release of tension), as a result of which there is some loss of concentration of thoughts: I take a pill only if I am at home - on a working day it interferes strongly. Secondly, it really blocks the migraine, and is pretty good (for which I appreciate it), but only if it appears infrequently: taking Tempalgin a couple of times a month is possible, but when weekly migraines appear, after 2-3 times it turns out that the body is used to the pill.
Irina: The drug is not the best in its segment, and the only thing that attracts it is a very low cost. However, after my story with him, I'd rather spend more money on a less dangerous medicine: during a severe headache I took a pill, after half an hour I began to relax, I was even happy - from the first time it was so good and calm. A couple of days later, the migraine recurred (a reaction to magnetic storms), again taking Tempalgin. I took off the pain, but in the evening at dinner I realized that I didn’t feel the taste of food at all, and my hands were not mine. The condition is strange, although there was definitely no overdose. Symptoms were gone only in the morning, but the desire to use Tempalgin again does not arise anymore.
Despite the fact that the drug is not a narcotic drug, some consumers have noted a deterioration in their condition, comparable to taking opium medications - dizziness, smearing of the picture, wadded hands, distraction of thoughts. This is what becomes the main reasons for the negative assessment of Tempalgin, but the official instructions also warn about this. Therefore, it is advisable not to depart from her recommendations and, for any unpleasant symptoms, stop taking the pills and consult a doctor.