At the end of summer, a plant with yellow flowers appears in the meadows and meadows, fascinating for its extraordinary beauty and fragrant aroma. This is a healing plant - tansy, useful properties and contraindications to the use of which we will consider today.
Tansy: beneficial properties and contraindications
The people tansy is also called chamomile, button or worm. This plant component is rich in flavonoids, micro and macro elements. In herbal medicine mainly used tansy inflorescences, and the seeds and stems are used much less frequently.
The beneficial properties of tansy are very wide. Its inflorescences have a beneficial effect on the human body, in particular:
On the basis of the flowers of tansy, various decoctions and infusions are prepared. Recently, tansy has been used to treat many ailments and in traditional medicine. So, here are some of the beneficial properties of chamomile:
- Infusions and decoctions based on tansy flowers have a beneficial effect on the work of the heart muscle. With the help of this herbal medicine you can improve the overall condition of the body, normalize blood pressure. People suffering from epileptic seizures or convulsions are advised to take tansy for prevention.
- Inflorescences of tansy have wound-healing properties. With the help of this herbal medicine you can achieve the speedy healing of ulcers and wounds on the skin. In addition, inflorescences of tansy have a pronounced antibacterial property, with the help of them you can prevent the development of inflammatory processes and blood infection.
- Due to the high concentration of beneficial micro and macro elements in the flowers of tansy, the plant has a good effect on the central nervous system. Daisy-based decoctions can be taken as sedatives for people who are constantly under stress or excessive stress.
- Tansy fights well with urticaria. In addition, this plant is considered a natural antispasmodic. However, before taking the infusion, you need to examine all the contraindications or consult with your doctor.
- Tincture inflorescences of tansy helps to cope with colds and acute respiratory diseases. In practice, this plant has been widely used in the fight against tuberculosis.
- Tansy inflorescences have a beneficial effect on the digestive tract. Oral administration of tinctures and decoctions helps to cope with gastritis and enterocolitis.
- Tansy also has choleretic properties; therefore, chamomile-based decoctions are recommended for people suffering from pathologies of the gallbladder.
- Broths and infusions of chamomile inflorescences are considered effective antihelminthic drugs. In practice, such herbal remedies are widespread. Tansy helps to get rid of helminthic invasions of various forms, including pinworms, tapeworm, etc.
- Treatment specialists and herbalists noted that tansy helps improve appetite and normalize digestive processes. However, this herbal remedies can not be taken by people prone to obesity or a rapid set of body weight.
Also useful properties of tansy help to cope with a number of ailments, in particular:
- skin pathologies (scabies);
- articular disease;
Many people have noted that tansy helps to improve the general condition in the development of diseases of the oncological type.
What is useful plant for women?
Representatives of the beautiful half of humanity use decoctions and infusions of chamomile to strengthen the hair structure. Due to its component composition, tansy helps to get rid of dandruff.
Experts recommend to use decoctions of tansy inflorescences with menstrual pain. However, this should be done extremely carefully, since poisonous substances, in particular, ketone, are part of the flowers of the daisy. That is why long-term and systematic use of such herbal remedies is contraindicated.
Previously, many nations used tansy inflorescences to arbitrarily terminate unwanted pregnancies. As is known, the composition of chamomile includes active ingredients that have abortive properties. Treatment specialists categorically prohibit the use of such a tool for these purposes, since this is fraught with the development of complicated consequences. Once in the body, poisonous substances of chamomile primarily affect the fetus, which leads to its killing.
While carrying a child, a woman should never take decoctions and infusions from chamomile or other medicines containing tansy, since this can lead to disastrous consequences, in particular:
- severe body poisoning;
- spontaneous miscarriage;
- uterine bleeding;
- decomposition of the embryo in the uterine cavity;
- blood poisoning and death.
Many girls use decoctions of inflorescences of tansy as a lotion to reduce the production of subcutaneous fat.
So, it is not recommended for women to take decoctions and tinctures from chamomile in such cases:-
- during gestation;
- in case of hypersensitivity to any component;
- girls under 7 years old.
When is tansy needed by men?
Men as well as women can take infusions and decoctions from the inflorescences of chamomile for the treatment of various diseases. Tansy helps members of a strong half of humanity to cope with such a disease as jaundice. This remedy does not help women to treat this pathology. Men also often use decoctions of chamomile for washing their hair in order to fight dandruff and hair follicle.
In addition, tansy helps to cope with a number of diseases:
- ulcerative pathologies of the digestive tract;
- various renal and hepatic pathologies.
Men are often recommended to take such decoctions and infusions to increase the acidity level of the juice in the stomach. Tansy and respiratory diseases are also excellent. It is recommended to take decoctions of chamomile and make compresses for the speedy healing of wounds on the skin. Do not use tansy with hypersensitivity to its components, as well as in the case of exacerbation of any pathologies.
How to take herbal remedies on the basis of tansy?
It is better not to begin the reception of chamomile-based tinctures and decoctions. You must first consult with your healthcare professional. Despite such a wide range of beneficial properties, tansy is considered a poisonous plant. Overdose can lead to cramps, cramps, diarrhea, and even complete cardiac arrest.
Accept such phytomedications for a short time and in small doses. Dried chamomile blossoms poured boiling water and simmered over low heat for 25 minutes. At the same time, phytomeans do not need to be boiled. To take such a drug is allowed three times a day, but not more than three days in a row. At one time should drink ½ cup chilled broth.
For the treatment of various ailments, the system for receiving infusion from chamomile may differ. For the treatment of helminthic invasions, powdered tansy can be used. Chamomile is also used to make compresses and lotions for external use.
Reviews on the medicinal properties of the plant
The network can find many different reviews about the beneficial properties of chamomile. Women use such infusions in the fight against insomnia, as well as a sedative, especially after stress or debilitating stress. In no case is it allowed to use tansy during childbirth, otherwise it may lead to irreparable consequences, one of which is abortion.
In addition, chamomile-based herbal remedies have helped many people to normalize the functioning of the digestive tract, to heal a number of pathologies, including gastritis and gallstone disease. Often, tansy is used to treat pustules, scabies, and other skin pathologies.
As you can see, tansy is a true gift of nature, enriched with beneficial fortified micro and macro elements. To take herbal remedies on the basis of chamomile should be very careful, because it contains toxic and toxic substances. Do not self-medicate, first consult with your healthcare professional. Be healthy!