Thrush is a term familiar to women. And only a few know that thrush happens in men.
What is thrush in men?
This is an infection caused by a fungus of a special type - Candida. Fungi are found in men in the genitals and mouth constantly, only the body’s immune system controls their reproduction. When the immune system does not cope, fungi begin to multiply vigorously, and a disease occurs, which was called thrush.
Types of thrush in men
In men, the milk jug manifests itself in different ways. The most common are:
- thrush of the head of the penis;
- thrush in the mouth;
- common thrush (skin).
Which men are at risk of thrush?
Not all men face such an unpleasant problem. Someone all his life thinks that thrush is a purely female disease.
However, there is a group of men most prone to the occurrence and development of thrush. These are immunocompromised men, overweight, and diabetics.
Symptoms of Male Thrush
Consider the first calls of the male body about the occurrence of infection.
For thrush of the head of the penis, the symptoms are as follows:
- Unpleasant smell;
- Itching around the head of the penis and discomfort;
- Edema of the head of the penis;
- Redness of the glans penis;
- Irritation of the glans penis;
- Pain around the head of the penis;
- White or colorless, cheesy or thick discharge;
- Difficulty handling the head;
- Pain during sexual intercourse;
- Frequent urination;
- Pain during urination.
For skin thrush, the symptoms are as follows:-
- red rash in the groin, in the armpits, between the fingers, in the area of the skin between the genitals and the anus;
- itching and discomfort in the armpits, in the groin, in the area of skin between the genitals and the anus, between the fingers, toes;
- the appearance of white-yellow curdled substances between the folds of the skin, in the groin, in the armpits, between the fingers, in the area of skin between the genitals and anus.
Men suffering from skin thrush are obese. Irritation, itching and redness appear at the places where skin folds.
The rash may later become covered with small red spots. The skin becomes white and more rough, irritated and sensitive.
For thrush in the mouth, the symptoms are:
- unpleasant smell;
- painful sensations;
- abundant discharge of white curdled substances.
When detecting signs of thrush, the man must consult a doctor. Thrush cannot be started. It can cause complications.
Now in medicine there are many remedies (creams, ointments, tablets) for thrush in men. So do not forget about the need to properly treat an unpleasant problem!