Unfortunately, many ignore the pain that occurs in the stomach and back, considering that they are caused by fatigue or age, especially if the pain is minor and appear periodically. But it is precisely the pain syndrome that serves as the alarming bell of the body about the development of pathological processes in it. If the pain in the stomach gives back, it can be a symptom of a rather serious illness, and it is very important to recognize it in time.
Stomach pain gives back: possible causes and symptoms of diseases
If there are no diseases of the spine, and the back hurts, then perhaps there are certain pathologies of organs, which are called reflected or irradiating.
For example, when stomach pain radiates to the back, a person may suffer from acute cholecystitis, severe hepatic colic, or chronic pancreatitis. Similar symptoms are also characteristic of ulcers located in the stomach or duodenum.
As a rule, with these pathologies, pain is similar to each other and occurs on the right, radiating later to the collarbone or lower back. Patients with this feel severe pain slightly below the shoulder blades, as well as closer to the base of the neck. Such attacks can last for a few minutes or a week. Mostly they are accompanied by periodic vomiting, severe nausea, temperature.
When the stomach and back hurt a lot, it is imperative to determine the root cause causing the pain. It is important to remember that only a doctor can make an accurate diagnosis.
Symptoms of peptic ulcer
If a backache in the stomach is caused by an ulcer, the following symptoms confirm the accuracy of the diagnosis:
- sudden pain in the abdomen that occurs some time after eating;
- nausea with vomiting;
- pain appearing on an empty stomach or at night, and often after eating;
- heartburn that always accompanies pain;
- pain, aggravated during exertion, and diminishing at rest;
- discomfort extending to the lower abdomen, as well as the chest.
It is known that with a perforated ulcer, which is less common, very often the stomach starts to ache with the back. This disease is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- sudden severe pain that feels like a knife wound;
- inability to move or breathe normally;
- localization of pain closer to the center, slightly above the navel and to the right;
- the spread of pain in the abdomen, accompanied by back pain;
- severe tension of the internal abdominal muscles.
How does the pancreas hurt?
If a chronically pancreas is inflamed in a patient, then during an exacerbation it seems that the back simply hurts, although in reality the pain results from the destruction of the gland tissue.
The pain caused by the pathologies of the pancreas is very similar to the pain in the stomach, because these organs are closely located to each other. However, there are a number of symptoms by which it can be determined that it is the pancreas that hurts. Among them it is worth highlighting:
- girdle pain;
- vomiting that does not give the desired relief;
- dry mouth;
- shortness of breath;
- high pressure, temperature;
- a lot of sweat;
- particularly pointed face.
How to recognize liver colic?
If a person suffers from hepatic colic, then most of the symptoms are quite pronounced. Sometimes the patient thinks that this is a simple discomfort, trying to stop the pain on his own, taking various medications for the treatment of diseases of the stomach. But this is completely wrong. To identify hepatic colic, you should pay attention to other symptoms, including:
- severe nausea, turning into repeated vomiting, not giving a corresponding endowment;
- a feeling of acute pain on the right under the ribs, which periodically extends further: on the back, shoulder blades or even the neck;
- pale and moist skin, slight yellowness of the skin, sclera;
- bloating accompanied by soreness during palpation, as well as significant muscular tension;
- very often a symptom of the name Ortner is revealed - severe pain if you tap on the right side of the ribs with a palm;
- dark color of urine, too light feces.
Symptoms of acute cholecystitis
Acute cholecystitis is similar to hepatic colic, but there are some specific signs that distinguish this disease:
- symptom of the name Kera: pain begins to intensify during the inspection of the gallbladder and at the same time inhaling;
- the aforementioned Ortner symptom;
- Frenicus - with this symptom there is pain, if you press on the area where the pectoral muscle is located;
- Obraztsov's symptom - the pain intensifies if the patient tries to raise a straightened leg.
Stomach pain: what to take and how to act?
If you observe the above symptoms in yourself or your loved ones, you should immediately consult a doctor or even call an ambulance. After passing the examination, it will be possible to determine the exact cause of the pain in the stomach, giving to the back.
It is very important to seek help on time. You can not try to localize the pain yourself, because you only hurt yourself, because the doctor will not be able to see the full picture of the disease. If pains in the stomach and back are of a sharp nature and are accompanied by vomiting, as well as fever, immediately call an ambulance, and do not get out of bed before her arrival.
Remember: the earlier the diagnosis is made, the greater the likelihood of a speedy recovery. Watch your health, follow the recommendations of experts, give up bad habits. Be healthy!