Nature gives us a huge number of useful plants, with which you can strengthen your health, get rid of many diseases, improve the taste of food. The real miracle of the plant world is stevia. The benefits and harms of this herb are known to few, but recently its use is gaining immense popularity. After all, this natural medicine has a pleasant taste and is well cultivated at home.
Stevia is a perennial plant of the Aster family. Its leaves have a pronounced sweet taste, so that in the people it is called "honey grass". The homeland of stevia is South America, but since the 1930s this amazing green has been grown in Russia. The extraordinary sweetness of the plant is due to the content of stevizoid, which is much sweeter than granulated sugar and at the same time has a positive effect on the synthesis of hormones in the body. The unique properties of the natural gift in recent decades have become actively involved in the field of medicine and diet.
Stevia at your service
Exotic sweet greens can be used as:
- natural sweetener;
- diet product for those who struggle with excess weight
Possessing high taste qualities, this sweet food product is not a source of empty carbohydrates, like sugar, but enriches the body with valuable substances and minerals. In addition, stevia:
- significantly reduces the level of sugar and harmful cholesterol in the blood;
- removes radionuclides, salts of heavy metals and other harmful substances;
- normalizes blood circulation and lowers blood pressure;
- relieves inflammation;
- strengthens the immune system prevents the occurrence of diseases of the respiratory tract, stomach, intestines and liver;
- destroys pathogenic microbes and Candidate parasites;
- cleans the oral cavity, strengthens the gums and prevents the integrity of the tooth enamel;
- thanks to amino acids and microelements, it replenishes the energy potential of the organism;
- prevents colds and flu;
- improves metabolism;
- slows down aging;
- helps to get rid of problems with the skin, nails, hair;
- dulls the feeling of hunger;
- effective as a prophylactic against cancer, stops the growth of tumors;
- protects the mucous membrane of the digestive organs from the aggressive effects of drugs during medical treatment;
- weakens dependence on bad habits;
- stabilizes thyroid hormone production.
Of the many medicinal plants, only stevia has such a broad spectrum of action. The benefits and harms in diabetes mellitus sugary green are of interest to all who are faced with this disease. When using stevia leaves, the amount of sugar in the blood decreases, and the person continues to enjoy the sweet taste of tea and other dishes. In the first 20-25 days of taking this natural medicine, diabetics should especially carefully monitor their state of health and consult a doctor: perhaps, due to the high efficiency of the herb, it will be necessary to reduce the doses of insulin and other drugs.
Honey grass is quite a strong therapeutic agent for:
- periodontal disease;
- children's diathesis.
Who can harm stevia?
According to the research of leading experts, stevia does not harm the human body. However, you need to use it correctly, given some features of the plant. If you decide to start adding sweet leaves to drinks, fruit salads, preservation, remember a few cautions.
- Stevia should become part of the diet gradually. Carefully follow the body's response to a new food product.
- In combination with milk, honey grass can cause diarrhea.
- If an allergic reaction occurs, stop using greens immediately.
- The use of stevia in unlimited quantities can reduce the level of glucose in the body to critical levels.
- The ability of plants to remove attacks of hypertension is harmful for hypotonic patients.
Stevia can also be dangerous when:-
- serious digestive and hormonal disorders;
- mental disorders: neurosis, psychosis, etc .;
- blood diseases.
Before stevia appears among the products of daily use, the benefits and harms of this plant in each case should be discussed with your doctor.
The benefits of honey leaves - on their own experience
According to those who suffer from diabetes, stevia is an amazing gift of nature. After all, with the help of this herb, they managed to completely replace sugar in their diet and reduce the number of insulin injections. Sweet tooths and people who want to get rid of extra pounds, also appreciated the plant: you can consume much less calories, without giving up your favorite sweet taste, and lose weight much faster. In addition, users noticed when using stevia:
- pronounced anti-aging effect;
- improvement of appearance due to healing and cleansing of the skin, the appearance of hair shine;
- resistance to epidemics;
- lack of headache due to high blood pressure, fatigue, digestive disorders.
Only some patients who were recommended to be treated with honey grass complained about the specific taste of tea with its addition, which they did not like. Decide for yourself whether you are interested in natural sweetener and the source of the necessary substances stevia. The benefits and harms, reviews about the use of plants - information that will help you make the right choice.
The wonderful grass will decorate your window sill
Honey grass can be grown indoors. Having learned how unusual stevia is, what its benefits and harms are, people who want to become healthier tend to ask questions where to buy the seeds of this plant and how to grow it on the window. Stevia seeds can be purchased at a regular seed store, but they are not always available. Then you can contact the online store, make an order and get your cherished bag by mail.
To stevia caught on in your home:
- Fill the container with a mixture of turf soil and sand 1: 1.
- In the groove of 1.5 cm, place up to 2-3 seeds and sprinkle them with soil.
- Moisten the soil after planting a spray.
- The first 2-3 weeks the pot, covered with a lid, should be located under the lamp in a warm room.
- After 10-15 days, the first shoots will appear - then you should remove the cover.
- Watering should be a little, but often.
- When the shoots reach 12-14 cm in height, cut the tops by 2-3 cm.
- After 3 months, transplant the plants into separate small pots.
- Place vases close to the light source, keep away from drafts and cold.
- In the summer, it is possible to use universal complex fertilizer for houseplants to feed the grass once a month.
- If the plant has grown to 30 cm, pinch its top and every 2 years transplanted to a new, appropriate size bush, pot.
Growing home stevia, you can use its leaves fresh, and not buy them as part of pharmacy teas and herbal teas.
Those who believe that, becoming a supporter of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, you need to give up sweet, it's time to wonder. With the help of honey grass, stevia can not only maintain health and beautiful shape, while continuing to enjoy the sweet taste. It will help get rid of many disorders of the organs and body systems, become more energetic and resistant to common human diseases.