The main spectrum of action "Sirdaluda" - any muscle spasms: from chronic cerebral to acute, situational. It is prescribed to relieve pain syndromes in osteochondrosis, arthrosis, leg cramps, and this is not the whole list of indications for use of "Sirdalud". Especially experts distinguish his ability to give an almost instant effect, removing the spasm in a matter of minutes. But is he so good, or are there any pitfalls?
"Sirdalud": the main characteristics of the drug
This drug belongs to the group of muscle relaxants - agents that affect the neuromuscular transmission: starting its effect from the spinal cord, it blocks the release of amino acids involved in the excitatory process. Thus, the suppression of excess muscle tone and subsequent relaxation of the spasm. In addition, there is an additional analgesic effect of moderate severity. The strength of its action allows to weaken the clonic convulsions, which leads to an increase in active movements. The degree of muscle relaxant effect depends on the level of active components in the blood plasma. The same applies to the risk of side effects.
- The main active substances of Sirdalud are tezinidine hydrochloride, whose fraction per tablet is approximately 2.29 or 4.57 mg, and for capsules the value rises to 6 mg. Full absorption of the active substance occurs almost instantly and without residue, the maximum degree of concentration in the blood is observed after 60 minutes. after taking. Bioavailability averages 34%.
- The drug can be administered intravenously: in this case, for each kg of net weight will be about 2.6 g of the active substance, and about 30% will be associated with plasma proteins. The impact of "Sirdaluda" on the female and male body is identical.
Inactive metabolites accumulate in the liver, the half-life of the blood occurs after 4 hours. The main part comes out in the format of metabolites, and in unchanged form, the body leaves only 2.7%. It is noteworthy that the maximum concentration of tizinidine increases almost 2 times in patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency, and the half-life shifts to the end of the 14th hour. Therefore, if there are liver or kidney problems, the dosage of the drug should be adjusted in the direction of its decrease.
Drug "Sirdalud": indications and contraindications
Since for this drug the main incidence of action, as already mentioned, is muscle spasms, the main indications for the use of Sirdalud are as follows:
- diseases of the spine that provoke muscle pain (from osteochondrosis to lordosis and hemiplegia);
- intervertebral hernia;
- spastic muscle pain triggered by neuralgia;
- arthritis and osteoarthritis of the hip;
- traumatic brain and birth injuries of the cervical region;
- disorders of cerebral circulation;
- spinal cord diseases (including cerebral palsy);
- stroke and convulsions.
As for the directly contraindications and side effects of "Sirdalud", here the list is no less:
- It is forbidden to use this drug for functional disorders of the liver;
- It is not allowed to combine "Sirdalud" with drugs of the fluoroquinolone group and antidepressants of the SSRI group;
- It is undesirable to take simultaneously with "Sirdalud" drugs that lower blood pressure, and also weaken the heart rate, as well as cimetidine and oral contraceptives;
- The therapy with “Sirdalud” is not permitted in case of individual intolerance to tizinidine and its derivatives, as well as additional components of the preparation (lactose, silicon dioxide and stearic acid for tablets; sucrose, cellulose, gelatin, starch, talc and titanium dioxide for capsules).
With regard to the use of "Sirdaluda" during pregnancy, the scientific harm to the fetus has not been confirmed, but the treatment is preferably carried out under medical supervision. Breastfeeding at the time of taking the drug is discontinued, because its active substance in small amounts into milk and can be transferred to the child.
- Side effects from "Sirdaluda" are possible on the part of most of the internal systems: general fatigue is most often manifested, much less often - muscular weakness and dry mouth, weakness of consciousness. Also recorded is a drop in blood pressure, a slow heartbeat, nausea and dyspeptic disorders, and hepatitis.
All negative reactions of the body to tizinidine are usually mild and do not require outside intervention, eliminating themselves. In case of overdose, insomnia is also possible, as well as excessive activity of hepatic enzymes of the transferase group. Removal of the drug is made by taking activated charcoal or diuresis.
How to take "Sirdalud"?
The principle of use for tablets and capsules is the same - the medicine in a certain dosage does not depend on meals, but it is necessary to drink a sufficient amount of water: 100-120 ml. Persons with hypersensitivity of the digestive tract (in particular, the gastric mucosa) are recommended to use "Sirdalud" during a meal (closer to completion) or 10-15 minutes later.
- Neuralgia in adults with the help of "Sirdalud" is treated with 2 mg of the active ingredient per dose, you can repeat up to 3 times a day. During the week, you can increase the daily dosage by 2 mg (in general, not for each dose!). Thus, by the 7th day, 18 mg is allowed to drink, divided into 3-4 doses. The maximum adult dosage per day is 36 mg (not a one-time!).
- Situational muscle spasms require no more than 2 mg of the drug up to 3 times a day, chronic pain is eliminated by taking 4 mg of the drug also 3 times a day. If the condition is severe, you can add the 4th trick, before bedtime.
- In the case of capsules, where the proportion of the active substance is 6 mg, it is possible to take it once a day at the initial stage, and up to 3 times a day - by the end of the week. Or divide the contents of the capsule, dissolving it in water for each dose.
The duration of admission should not exceed 7 days, but experts recommend using "Sirdalud" a shorter course, only to block the painful sensations: it does not eliminate the cause of their appearance, as a result does not have a healing effect.
"Sirdalud": reviews of consumers and professionals
The medical opinion about this drug is surprisingly positive: it is recommended for older people and even adolescents (but under medical supervision). Despite the large number of side effects, according to experts, with proper use of negative reactions does not occur. Consumers have a slightly different opinion.
Olga: In the first-aid kit I always have “Sirdalud” in capsule format - I most often use it to relieve my back condition at the end of the day: such cases are rare, so one-time use is enough. I drink a full capsule at night, the relaxation happens almost instantly, and in the morning I wake up as if reborn. If a very hard work week falls out, I can drink the drug at bedtime for 3-4 days. A longer course did not try.
Daria: I treated inflammation of the sciatic nerve with the help of "Sirdaluda" - the doctor prescribed, she was not familiar with the drug before. For the first time, when the remedy worked right away: the pain subsided after half an hour, the effect was not enough for long, then repeated administration followed. I spent on drink exactly one week, it didn’t take any further, the treatment made itself felt, and one could live without an additional analgesic.
Oksana: Perfectly relieves cramps and leg muscle spasms: after the operation, they pursued me for almost a month. "Sirdalud" saw periodically, began to work after 10-15 minutes. The only problem is that he lowered my pressure (hypotonic), so I had to brew coffee afterwards or simply lie down in bed to recover.
If we analyze consumer reviews about Sirdalud, it can be argued that the drug is indeed extremely effective, and it has an almost instant effect, but warnings and contraindications in the instructions are not in vain - its effect on the cardiovascular system sometimes overlaps all the positive aspects. Thus, it is worth weighing all the pros and cons, before resorting to "Sirdalud."