Chlamydia is a dangerous and insidious disease. It does not manifest itself as painful sensations, but the complications caused by it can seriously harm the body. What are the symptoms to recognize the disease and how to protect against it in time? What are dangerous chlamydia for the body of women, including pregnant? Let's find out!
What is chlamydia?
Chlamydia - a group of microorganisms, similar to bacteria, but behaving like a virus. They are parasitic inside the cells, while infection occurs fairly quickly - within 2 days. Most of those infected during this period do not even suspect that they are infected, and for obvious reasons they are not interested in what to treat chlamydia in women. Drugs are not used, although during this period microorganisms are more vulnerable. The life cycle of chlamydia ranges from 40 to 72 hours. The incubation period can be up to a month: it all depends on the human immunity.
How does the infection occur?
The main route of infection is unprotected sexual intercourse. During pregnancy, a sick female child may become infected with chlamydia in the womb or during labor.
There are disagreements in medicine regarding the everyday infection with chlamydia (through dishes, towels, personal belongings, etc.) in medicine. Chlamydia can live in the external environment only for 2 days. If they enter the body, then in small quantities. Their number will be insufficient for the development of the disease.
There are 2 main forms of the disease, depending on the duration of development and degree of damage:
- Fresh. Duration - up to 2 months. The lower part of the urogenital system is affected.
- Chronic. Duration - more than 2 months. The organs of the genital and urinary systems are affected. During this period, doctors say about the ascending form of chlamydia.
In most cases, the signs of chlamydia in women are absent. However, at the stage of chronic disease the following conditions can occur:
- sensation of itching and burning in the organs of the genitourinary system;
- pain when urinating and in the lower abdomen;
- violation of the monthly cycle, bleeding in the gaps of the menstrual cycle;
- whitish copious vaginal discharge;
If there is a suspicion of chlamydia in women, the doctor will definitely take into account these symptoms. So do not delay the visit to the doctor: chlamydia is very dangerous for its consequences for the body.
The effects of chlamydia in women are manifested in a number of serious diseases:
- endometrium and cervical inflammation;
- inflammatory processes in the tubes, uterus, ovaries;
- adhesions in the pelvis.
Infertility may result from these diseases.
For future mothers, chlamydia is dangerous due to the disruption of the normal course of pregnancy and abnormalities in the development of the fetus. It:
- high water flow;
- frozen fruit;
- ectopic pregnancy;
Chlamydia infection threatens the child with the appearance of:
- diseases of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Primary diagnosis is carried out on examination by a gynecologist with the help of mirrors. The doctor draws attention to the state of the organs of the reproductive system (erosion, inflammation, discharge).
A general smear and blood test for the presence of antibodies to chlamydia will not give an accurate result. The most effective in modern medicine are such types of research:
- PCR. Determines the presence of chlamydia using a smear test for the presence of bacterial DNA.
- Bacterial seeding. Samples of vaginal discharge are placed in a favorable environment for chlamydia. If after some time they begin to multiply, a diagnosis of chlamydia is made.
- Serological method. It consists in the detection of antibodies to chlamydia in serum.
The most accurate results are given by a combination of two methods of research, one of which is PCR.-
Features of treatment
- Treatment takes at least 2 weeks, which equates to the 6 life cycles of chlamydia.
- The type of bacteria must be sensitive to antibiotics.
- The degree of development of the disease and the presence of co-infections are taken into account.
- Both partners must receive treatment (antibodies to chlamydia are not produced, and you can become infected again).
- It is better to abstain from sexual intercourse or use condoms.
Recovery occurs in 1-2 months when confirmed by recent analyzes.
General scheme of therapy
Treatment of chlamydia in women, the selected drugs and the scheme will depend on the severity of the disease and the condition of the patient. The general algorithm of therapy includes several groups of drugs:
- immunomodulatory drugs;
- antifungal medications;
- local treatment (douching);
Treatment can be administered in two types of courses:
- continuous (from 14 to 21 days; includes 2 antibiotics);
- "pulse therapy" (3 courses for 7 days with a break of 1 week).
There are 3 groups of antibiotics according to the degree of their ability to penetrate into the cell of the body:
- low (penicillins, nitroimidazoles);
- medium (tetracyclines, aminoglycosides, florquinolones);
- high (azalides, macrolides).
For anti-Chlamydia therapy, antibiotic-based drugs with medium and high penetration are taken:
- macrolides (Macropen, Summamed, Rovamycin, Vilprafen, Erythromycin, Spiramycin, Klacid, Josamycin, Azithromycin and others);
- florkhinolony (Ofloksin, Tsifran, Abaktal, Tabris, Maksakvin and others);
- tetracyclines ("tetracycline", "vibramycin", "rondomycin").
The most commonly used treatment regimens are:
- azithromycin: on the first day - 1 g, for chronic chlamydia - 0.5 g 2 times a day for 7-10 days;
- josamycin: 0.5 g 3 times a day during the week;
- Ofloxacin: 0.2 g 2 times a day during the week.
Treatment of chlamydia in women, prescribed drugs and an antibiotic regimen will not be effective without maintaining immunity. Interferon preparations may be prescribed for this:
- cycloferon: 0.2 g intramuscularly for 10 days;
- neovir: 0, 25 g every other day (7 injections in total).
Immunomodulators: polyoxidonium: 0.06 g intramuscularly (a total of 10 injections).
Enzymotherapy (based on herbs and mixtures of highly active animals), antioxidants, synergists and vitamin complexes is also used to enhance the action of antibiotics.
Probiotics (Bifikol, Bifirol, Lactobacterin and others) are assigned to maintain the GIT microflora.
At the same time, local therapy in the form of candles, ointments, lotions, baths (Dimexidum solution, antibacterial gels and suppositories, douching) is applied.
Physiotherapy will include:
- ultrasound therapy;
- magnetic and infrared radiation;
- quantum therapy;
- ion and electrophoresis.
During pregnancy, a number of drugs are excluded, since they can be dangerous to the health of the child. As an antibiotic therapy, Summammed or Erythromycin are used.
Chlamydia treatment is a must when planning a pregnancy and wanting to have a healthy family. Only a timely visit to the doctor will help prevent complications that may lead to the introduction of these microorganisms into the body. But even if the birth of a child is not relevant for a woman, timely treatment according to tried and tested schemes will save her from many problems.