Pain in the shoulder and scapular areas in modern people occur very often. And the older the person, the more often. However, the mentality of our people is such that when we first feel a slight aching pain, we try to forget about it, not to pay attention. We refer to fatigue, overwork.
But pains in the shoulder and in the scapular region may indicate the onset of serious diseases: osteoarthritis of the shoulder joint, arthritis of the shoulder joint, and also of the shoulder shoulder periarthritis.
What is humeroscapular periarthritis?
Shoulder girdle periarthritis- this is inflammation of the shoulder joint, as well as inflammation of the tendons of the shoulder joint. Unlike arthrosis, the internal structures of the joint (cartilage, tendons) are not damaged. However, the pain is quite unpleasant, sometimes acute, mostly aching.
Peripheral periarthritis: causes
Suddenly bulleopathic periarthritis can occur: from excessive physical exertion (for example, you carried heavy bags), from falling, from a blow to the shoulder, etc. Moreover, unsportsmanlike people are more susceptible to this disease, since their shoulder joints are untrained and it is easy to damage them even with a sharp throw of an object to a short distance.
In addition to causes related to shoulder injuries or excessive exercise, there are a number of other causes. These include various human-borne diseases, for example: diseases of the cervical spine, myocardial infarction, as well as diseases of the mammary glands (more often after surgery).
The shoulder girdle periarthritis has, like many diseases, two forms of manifestation: acute and chronic.
First, the disease is acute. The pain from the light gradually becomes stronger and more acute. At night, a person cannot sleep because of this. In some cases, the temperature rises (up to 37, 5 ° C). The acute period of the disease lasts several weeks. Then the pain is reduced, and the disease, as a rule, becomes chronic.
Chronic humeroscapular periarthritismany patients do not treat, referring to the employment and moderation of pain. But this is the wrong decision. After all Any disease must be treated! By itself, it can not pass.
Treatment of humeroscapular periarthritis
It is best to start treatment as soon as you feel pain in the shoulder area. See your doctor for sure, because only he can diagnose correctly.
Modern methods of treatment of the shoulder-shoulder periarthritisallow you to quickly and effectively deal with pain and increasing inflammation in the shoulder joint. But if you start the disease, then it will have to be treated for a long time and unpleasantly. After all, if a doctor diagnoses a “frozen shoulder,” that is, a fusion of bones (partial or complete), then this does not bode well for you.
Comprehensive treatment of humeroscapular periarthritis includes:-
- the introduction of anti-inflammatory drugs;
- the introduction of antiarthrotic drugs;
- chondroprotective and angioprotective therapy;
- postisometric relaxation;
- therapeutic massage and a set of special exercises;
- easy manual therapy;
- physiotherapy (laser therapy and magnetic therapy are used in certain difficult cases).
In addition to the medical treatment and procedures offered in the hospital, a special set of exercises will help the speedy recovery.
The complex of exercises in the shoulder shoulder periarthritis
This complex is usually offered for inpatient treatment in hospitals. However, you can look like a couple of classes, remember the exercises recommended by the doctor, and perform them at home on your own.
Here is an exemplary list of exercises necessary for the speedy recovery of patients with scapulohumeral periarthritis.
- Squeezing and unclenching hands.
- Flexion and extension of the arms in the wrist area. Circular movements of the arms around the joint.
- Rotate your palms up and down.
- Touching the fingers of the shoulders.
- Pulling hands.
- Breeding hands in different directions while turning the hands.
- Alternate raising hands as much as possible up.
- Pressing with hands (palms) on a hard surface (wall, floor).
- Light jerks hands.
- Circular rotation of the arms in the area of the elbow joint in both directions.
- Circular swinging arms around the shoulder joint back and forth.
- Putting the hand behind the back and the fingers of the left hand with the left shoulder of the right shoulder blade and vice versa - with the right hand reach the left shoulder blade.
- Exercise "mill": in an inclined position with one hand to reach the tips of the toes of the opposite leg, and the other to lift as much as possible upwards.
- Raising from a chair, raising your arms to the side, returning to a chair, moving your palms to your knees.
- Pulling the arms forward, lifting up, diluting to the side and lowering along the body.
These are the most elementary exercises. The doctor at the hospital will offer more difficult exercises. But he will be guided by the extent of your illness.
Sometimes it is enough just a light complex of exercises described in this article. More difficult exercises may be contraindicated. In any case, described Exercises will help relieve pain, develop muscle, and speed up joint healing.
Each exercise in this complex is performed several times (6-10 times). Do at least half an hour 3 times a week, and if you can, every day. Classes are best held in the morning or afternoon until 18:00.
A set of exercises in the shoulder shoulder periarthritis according to the method of Dr. Popov presented on video.
remember, that If you experience pain in the shoulder joint, you should consult a doctor as soon as possible. Only properly selected, competent treatment will help you in a speedy recovery. The complex of exercises is necessary only in conjunction with medical treatment. By itself, he cannot cure your periarthritis, although he will strengthen the muscles and joints of the arms and shoulder.
Health to you and attentive attitude to your body!